Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

whos parents let them do drugs?

djiang87

Bluelighter
Not sure if this thread belongs here or in the aussie drug discussion, but neways whose parents lets you do drugs? If so which drugs they let you take?

Im just curious bcoz a decent amount of my friends have parents who let them take drugs and parents like mine who dont even let me smoke tobacco which does piss me off.

No way would my parents "let" me do drugs. Of course i am 23 and can do anything i want, and i think they kinda know about some of my drug taking (the would die if they knew the extent in the past!) but they just ignore it coz they know theres nothing they can do, especially cos it dosent interfere with the normal running of my life, so what can they say?

Remember, they only take this stand coz they love you, i have a son and tabacco is the LAST thing i would stand by and let him use. At the end of the day you are going to do whatever you want to do, but it helps in the long run if you have a family that cares for your best interests, even if at times it may seem a bit harsh or misguided.

I always thought it was kinda sad when i was at school, the kids whose parents didnt care what they did, believe me youd rather they care a little too much than not at all.

I also find it handy, coz i smoke cigs, and wish i could stop, and the fact that i would NEVER smoke in front of my family or my boyfriends family, or even my boyfriend (unless i have been drinking in his case, then i m allowed) it really restricts how much i can smoke. I dont have very good self control so its good that they kinda control me! :)

A friend's mother knows he and the lads are off their chops when they come home, but her theory is at least she knows they're safe.

I live with my dad, he knows i smoke weed a lot but not how much exactly. He knows i take pills, but he knows MDMA is safe if that is what i am getting. He has had and still does have problems with drugs, so his view is of a bit more acceptance.

im 19 and live at home. my old man was right on the scene back in the day. they arent happy i do pills and speed on a regular basis, but they dont in anyway try to prevent me from taking it.

My parents would shoot me! My older brother was once into the whole drug scene and it was really tough on them, as well as the rest of us kids. He was throwing his life down the drain with the shit and we couldn't just stand back and do nothing. It was a *long* and hard road, but he is finally clean now (still smokes weed occassionally but doesn't touch the harder stuff). I wouldn't want to put my parents through that again.

I'm 23, DONT live at home & my controlling mother goes crazy if i drink....Pppfffff. She starts telling me all these alcoholic stories. Shes one of these people that if You've done something once in your life then your an addict.

my mum knows. She can't not know. It's bloody obvious when you come home after a night out at a party chewing gum, smelling of cigarette smoke amped off your dial.

or tripping.
They never miss when you're tripping either.

Suffice to say, I'm of legal age and there's nothing she can do except confront me, which would just make me stay longer away from home when i do consume drugs. As long as I'm not excessively raping my mental capacity I think she figures I'm doing ok.

My parents don't have a say in the matter ... I'm married with kids and they live millions of miles away. But I have kids ... young ones now. And I know i'll tell them not to do drugs. Not because I believe they won't, or because I think maybe that's necessarily the way to go, but because I think it's a parent's job to say 'no' ... to maybe limit things a little, be a controlling factor ... Just like I don't think parents should provide drinks at under age parties ...

You are not your kids' best friend, you're their parent.:|

My parents knew that I used to have abit of a problem with pot and my mum thinks I smoke it occasionally know. If she knew that i did speed and pills then she would be very worried, partially because she doesn't understand the nature of the substances (too much media influence) but mainly because she loves me and wouldn't want me to be doing anthing that could cause me any longterm damage. Although I'd like to be able to do drugs with my mum accepting it (accepting and funding it would be ideal!!), the fact that she cares about my safety is still alright by me, and if I keep her in the dark to stop her worrying well thats cool.

my mum is cool with it and gets sum pingas every now and then, she enjoys them which is pretty cool.

Parents will always know if their kids are doing drugs - its this innate ability they have to know...When I was 13 and smoking weed and ciggies mum knew I was and told me not to, but when I'm not at home she can't control what I do...Plus she did it when she was growing up so she can't really judge me to harshly - she understands that everyone has to sort their shit out as they get older...

I live in Melbourne now and she's in Brisbane, so I doubt she knows the shit I get up to now...I have a sister overseas who's terribly in love with acid and Mum doesn't approve it, but she's all grown up and she can't control what she does - just be there when shit hits the fan and my sister needs money to feed her kids...

I had friends who's parents had been letting them smoke since they were 10 years old...These same parents grew weed and smoked it infront of their kids...The kids were either expelled or quit school before they'd even finished year 10...One girl I knew I used to go over to her house and smoke bongs with her and her mother...Something about that just seems so wrong now when I think about it...Not to judge anyone who may do that with their children/parents...But I myself don't think you should raise children in a drugged-up environment...If I had a kid I wouldn't even have champagne at Christmas...But that's just me...

My mum didn't let me do drugs, but she knew when I wasn't at home she couldn't stop me, and accepted that when I grew sick of it then I would stop...Which I did...Til I rediscovered them after finished High School =D

I dont live at home anymore, however, my mum knows I do drugs and doesnt seem to mind. She knows what drugs I take, and she knows I know a fair bit about each different drug, and she seems happy that Im not fucking myself....

She claims never to have touched drugs, but I reckon she was a bit of a tripper...

Well my dad has never given a shit, when he found out I was smoking weed at 16, he picked me up from school, threw down a fat bud and some papers/baccy and told me to make myself useful :p

My mum on the other hand hates it to death. But now I am older they can't do much. Though both parents don't wanna see me go into stimulants again since my psychosis and all :S

They are a little more accepting that I like to trip here and there but it worries them coz they think I will go insane someday....

oh well

Peace Out

Mine do, they both smoke bud. My dad smokes more than most people I know. If I am at a friends they just tell me not to drive. The bad thing is my dad thinks that weed is the only acceptable thing to do. Plus he calls me a pothead whenever I smoke.When I have it I smoke a couple of times a day and when I don't I can go months without. He on the other hand smokes almost 24/7.

:) what a weirdo

Finally mine c the light

Hey guys, im almost 17 and have been caught a few times by my olds with drugs. Once i had a g of whip n it all got burnt in tha fire ahha, n anutha time i was caught with a few pillz which ended up swimming in the toilet. But thses days my folks are starting to realise that party drugs are apart of 2days society with more n more ppl starting to take part in regular use. L8ly they know iv been posting on pillreports and know that iv been testing my pills n that so that are starting to accept that i am safe with my use, they dont like the idea of myself using meth tho, and im not really into it either coz it does fuk all to me. Has any one elses folks started to adapt to the new ages? roll on n on!!

I'm in the position where I live out of home, but I do hint to my mum quite often (espeicially after a few drinks) that I take certain drugs, mainly ecstacy. She doesn't mention anything to me about it, but she's also not stupid. I'm almost 100% positive that she assumes I take psychedelics of 'sorts' and ectasy. Not sure if she knows I use speed, let alone the extent of my drug use.
If my dad knew FOR CERTAIN I did such a& such a drug he would ge mental.
My parents found out in yr12 that I was buying pot at school and I almost got expelled. Mum got upset and dad tore me a brand new butt-hole.
However, if anything, my drug use has increased dramatically and I'm now going into an honours course... go figure. It's all about moderation.

So in short, I'm positive my mum has an idea of what I get up to. My dad might have THOUGHTS about it, but doesn't take an aggressive stance until he's 100% sure I'm doing whatever it is I'm doing.
I think there's a middle ground with my parents with what they can 'think' along with the fact I'm succeeding at life to a certain degree.
God bless em. :)

Last edited:
Parents will always know if their kids are doing drugs - its this innate ability they have to know

im pretty sure A LOT of parents, especially (or mostly, since theres a correlation) the parents who try to shelter their kids overly or who are particularly narky/harsh, will tend to ignore even blatant proof sometimes and continue to beleive that good little johnny or sally is infact good and doesnt do what that naughty greg or tracy does.

I've seen parents ignore obvious signs but mostly they fail to put together little clues. parents WANT to believe that their child is good and that they've done a good job.

Both my parents know. my mum is fine about it, they were both trippers in the 70's and she's fairly cosy with the concept. i knew she wouldnt mind and was fairly open about it, and she straight out asked me when she suspected. a little freaked out by my frequency maybe, and worried when i look too whacked out sundays, but trusts me and my judgement. She has a slight dislike for hallucinogens, mostly LSD, since she didnt like it.

my dad on the other hand is a reformed ex tripper. he's majorly agianst it, and doesnt believe i should get the chance to try anything, even though he got that chance (and took it eagerly with both hands from stories ive heard). He was one of those who ignored blatant signs until it was blindingly obvious (2 grams of whizz in my drawer).

He's learned the hard way, twice now.

I get lectures, and the ice is slippery for a while every time i'm wasted or caught with quantity, and the odd spiteful sly remark, but generally he lets it slide because he knows i'll go live with mum if he makes things too tense. or at least i think thats why. He thinks they're keeping me in the rut i'm in, however the rut started long before the drugs and is there even when i have breaks. he doesnt buy this though.

peece.