Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Important stuff about the police on BL

Benno23

Bluelighter
I was just browsing the other drugs forum and read this, thought it would be a good idea to post it here...

Originally posted by BlueAdonis
It has been brought to my attention that recently some forum regulars have been "picked up" by the FBI and are facing serious drug-related consequences. Images from the gallery and member information are being used against these person(s). I can't verify this to be 100% factual, but nonetheless these are a few important things to remember:

* Federal agents do watch this board, and this forum.
You are not invincible and above the law, don't think that because you post on a message board under a screen name you are immune to arrest.

* Do not openly post information that could potentially incriminate you.
I know it's difficult to discuss "other drugs" given this degree of awareness, but please be careful. Post as if you know you are being watched. Agents obviously won't come out and tell you who they are, so be especially careful when handling Private Messages from board members.

* Be EXTRA cautious about posting drug items in the bluelight gallery.
Nobody really cares about how big your stash is, or how many pills you can fit into 1 picture. This is common sense, but often over-looked and people recklessly post potentially incriminating images. I've been told that pictures taken from the gallery have been blown up and used as evidence in court. Imagine if this were you...

A little common sense goes a long way. Please be very careful when discussing drugs in this forum, and in other forums here. I can't stress this enough.

Taken from http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158862&r=35

Be careful, hopefully common sense is a little more common around here than the real world:\

Some months ago Spesh and I arrived at a prearranged interview with QADREC. This is normally a yearly or bi-yearly thing where we discuss elements of RaveSafe activities - all quite regular. However, upon arriving, this year I was asked to instead be interviewed for the EMI (ecstasy market indicator) project.

During the course of the recorded conversations, the interviewer produced print copies of a post I'd previously made on bluelight. Now that might not mean very much, as I am involved with HR stuff other than bluelight. On the other hand, for some posters of late, it should be seen as a warning that their identity may have only been a click away for any federal or other wise empowered officer.

All went well with my interview, but the questions asked were deep and mostly regarding matters I could only speculate on. However, it became increasingly apparent that those behind this project are serious on achieving their objectives. Interviewers state they are offering the same discretion/ anonymity to those interviewed as do other demographic studies. But I'm rather mystified as to how this is acheived, especially if they are talking about indemnity for [turning a blind eye to ?] serious crime.

You won't find much on the EMI project online, but here is a general outline of the aims of the project found here .

ECSTACY MARKET INDICATORS

The use of ecstasy has increased rapidly in most Western countries over the past decade. Media presentations of ecstasy associate it with cultural contexts different to other illicit drugs like heroin and cannabis. Understanding how the ecstasy market functions would contribute to the efforts of those responding to the harms caused by this drug.

This is the intent of a new project at QADREC, the alcohol and drug research centre at the University of Queensland. The Ecstasy Market Indicator (EMI) project, funded by the National Drug Law Enforcement Research Fund (NDLERF) to the value of $240,000 and undertaken in partnership with the Queensland Crime and Misconduct Commission (CMC), commenced on March 1st and will run for twelve months. By designing and testing a research template to identify and assess market indicators, the project will enable the Australian law enforcement sector to more effectively implement supply and demand reduction strategies that minimise ecstasy related harm.

The research template will be trialled in Queensland for later use by law enforcement agencies in other jurisdictions. The project methodology involves interviews with approximately 300 ecstasy consumers in three locations: Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Cairns; interviews with market suppliers and with ‘market regulators’ from the law enforcement and health sectors. Existing indicator data from law enforcement and health information systems will also be evaluated for applicability to an economic analysis of the illicit drug market.

Bold added for emphasis; p_d

From my interview and what was discussed, I have no doubt that police do use bluelight as a potential source for information. How far this is taken undoubtedly depends upon things such as the type of info and the profile of the poster. If anyone is involved in anything more than possession of the occasional pill or 2, I would suggest being very discrete on this board, and to definitely keep your dick in your pants :\

It is quite well know the Police and others go through the posts on this board. There was an incident in Perth a few years back, have a search for Perth Busts.

Its always important to be very careful how you word your posts on Bluelight. Even more important to be aware of how much information you are sharing with the public.

[edit] Here it is: Perth - Think before you post - A LOT more

Last edited:
If bluelight servers are run in another country that would require the police to request user information (IP addresses for example) via Interpol or that countries police, to which I am sure legislation from both countries would be required to set the protocols for the transfer of such information. Now I doubt that .nu, the domain code for Niue (a small pacific island) would be party to such a process. Probably the reasons why it was setup like that in the first place.

Anyway my point is that unless your user profile contains features identifying you to a certain ISP (such as email address or homepage, or if your really stupid an IP address) then there can be little possibility of your local, state or even Federal police from tracking you.

Sure the police can get whatever information they want from an ISP, either through a 282 request for info (under the Telco act) or go straight to the source and eavesdrop straight into your connection (Feds & Spy agencies have direct access into a carriers service providers core routing hardware) but that still would require them to either know your username (and ISP) and/or your IP address. In other words a specific reference point which uniquely identifies you.

Perhaps the only way to track someone would be through a system like Echelon (does it exist?) which unless you were a fucking cartel mobster boss posting on BL about how big your stash is (heheh I've got 1 ton of coke so fuck you buddy) there could be little justification to use such a system since obviously such a resource would be used for national security crap. Perhaps if you claimed that you were a terrorist of some sort the right wing nuts could justify it but then why would someone be so stupid in such a climate.

If the moderators know better please tell me but I've asked this question before and I've been lead to believe that bluelight will not share user information with the police. Although I say this not knowing for sure where the bluelight servers are geographically located. Of course if its the US or some other fascist coalition of the willing country then we're all fucked because it would be relatively simply for the police of those countries to share information.

Forget IPs, forget logs, forget where the servers are located. All of those things are irrelevant. Everybody who has ever been busted because of this site have brought it upon themselves by things they have posted here in plain sight.

If you have posted that you are going to have drugs on you when you attend a certain event and even been kind enough to supply a picture of yourself, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes or Echelon to join the dots. You may not put it all in one post, or even realise you are doing it, but so many of you still do it.

Yes it is unlikely that law enforcement could be bothered with most of the minor league crimes the majority of you commit the fact remains they are still crimes and they can, and do, prosecute people for them if the fancy takes them.

Posting details of your actions on the internet is no more private than spray painting them on the outside of your house. Your Mum might not know where Bluelight is but the police do, and they watch it very closely. I have met the people who get paid to do it. This is not paranoia it is just a fact of modern life.

Just to clear up a couple of things raised by chugs;

Our server is located in the Netherlands. This came about only because one of the founders lived there. Of course we aware that it's location gives us a degree of jurisdictional safety but that has never really been an issue because we have never ever been served with a warrant or anything like it. As I explained above there is more than enough information out in the open to keep law enforcement happy. But just to reassure you we will never give any private information to any form of law enforcement. We actually don't log ip's anymore so that's mostly irrelevant anyway.

Our domian name is .nu only because it was cheap at the time. Again there is no special significance to it.

As for Echelon yes it does exist. How can I safely say that? Mainly because the FBI announced the other day that they were retiring Carnivore (their version) because it had been superceded by commercially available tools.

In short assume anything you do electronically can be and is being monitored. As I said before this is not paranoia it is life. Anyone who does anything majorly illegal and discusses it electronically is simply asking to be arrested. Wake up, people. Bluelight is not underground and never has been.

^^ good post jb. The worst thing you can do is leave traceable contact details like ISP email addresses and pictures of yourself at this forum, I am amazed so many do it.

^^
i am quite surprised at that too....
it IS the internet...so if your not gonna post your home phone number, why would you post about what laws your breaking?

Which is why im reluctant to post photos on bluelight. If you're going to advertise exactly what you intend on taking and flaunt the fact that you are going to get really fucked up. Then post pictures and details about what you did on the night, your asking to get caught. Leave these things to talk to your freinds about, not for message boards.