Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer Dogs - Triple J Interview

Benno23

Bluelighter
Just thought a few BLer's would be interested that a sniffer dog trainer was interviewed on JJJ today. It doesn't really shed much light on how to get past dogs, the interviewee seems to be anti-drugs so he's not going to help us out, other than to say the dogs have been trained to ignore most smells people try to use to mask there drugs. The interview starts about the 24:30 mark.

Real Player: http://triplej.abc.net.au/hack/mod_real/tues.ram
WMA: http://triplej.abc.net.au/hack/mod_windows/tues.asx

Maybe some of you will find this informative but its not going to change how I go into the BDO this year (I'm in Perth though so I shouldn't have to worry).

The links will only be up until next tuesday the 8th.

note how when he brings up the pepper issue the trainer DOES admit that it will 'put the dog off' but at the same time he's saying they're trained to ignore those distractions? riiiiight ... which one is it then? Seems like he didn't want to admit to the achilles heel of the dogs ...

that said however, as its also been said before, trainers themselves are trained to be in tune with their dog's behaviour and reactions; so if you go dumping paprika on your shoes and little RexxyBoy gets shit up his nose, his trainer is most likely going to see what's happened and search you anyway.

pretty useless interview, that guy was just full of arrogance and was a complete nark

interesting listen though! :)

Pfft, what an ass this guy is.

The Triple J guy doing the interview says "The people onbudsmen report that was released in NSW last year said that of the people who had odours picked up on them by dogs, only 27% of those actually had drugs on them"

And his reply: "Thats ok, that's fine."

It's ok for people who are abiding by the law to be signalled out in public and made to feel like a criminal? 8)

But yeah, pretty pointless interview.

I haven't read the interview but trying to get past sniffer dogs is a pretty impossible task...

I went to the airport once and met a sniffer dog and a coupla trainers and apparently most of them on a good day can smell through a tin can...

i heard if you touch ur drugs with tweezers (pills mainly i think) wrap them in a whole lot of tin foil and then in a coupla airtight baggies u have a chance...I dunno if anyone else has said this or tried this or what but yeh...

I know this is pretty off topic to the JJJ interview but yeh getting past sniffer dogs from what I've heard about them is practically impossible

He claims that they are trained to detect LSD. I find that very hard to believe.

Zu said:
He claims that they are trained to detect LSD. I find that very hard to believe.

Well considering lsd is odourless, I also find this hard to believe - probably just a scare tactic.