Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

how much is 2 much

eting2muchmakesufat

Bluelighter
Hey Guys

Just want everyone's advise.

If you roll every weekend do you end up wasting your time and what are the down falls.

We've been going hard for about 8 weeks now, every weekend we've rolled.

Too much is too much.

In short: Stop while your ahead, the magic does not last forever.

Thanks Guys

Thank you for your replies.

I'm trying to convince my friends that we've been hitting it too hard and we need a break, but they are not listening to me.

I've decided to take it easy, what they do is up to them

^^ That's pretty much the best way to go about it.. If you know that you've had too much, then you should stop yourself, there are times when friends don't listen to you, but all you can do is advice. It's good that you've decided to take it easy... =D

try going out and not taking a pill, maybe smoke some weed or have some speed if you really need something. If not you will find that you have developed a greater music appreciation when you are not on it.

Yes, you end up wasting time. Can you remember what you used to do on weekends before you started to take pills? Probably heaps of things.

It gets harder and harder to stop the longer you leave it, because you forget there's a life outside it. Take a break NOW. You need to keep a balance in your life, otherwise you'll forget how to have fun without them. It's the first step to substance dependance, and it's not a road you want to go down.

ps. Pill weekends can get a bit same-old too. It's great when you come back after having had a break, it's all fresh and new again.

i'm in exactly the same situation as you eting2muchmakesufat.. i've been rolling now for 16 weeks in a row with an average of 4 pills a week... i'm gonna try and hav a break as well, so i can apprecaite the drugs a bit more and not take them for granted

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Yes, you end up wasting time.

I don't completly agree with this statement. I've taken pills pretty much every weekend for at least 12 months now (give or take a couple for Xmas, sickness), and there is still plenty of magic there for me.

Having said that, I dont hit it "hard" every weekend, only every month or so; and I have a regeime of 5-htp, vitimans, etc and I never "comedown", I always sleep it off... with some help.

I'm of the belief that if you take it slow and be careful with your body, you can comfortably use MDMA every week without too much difficultly. I know I have.

I must stress though. You have to be careful. No quad dumping, or staying up for 4 days straight; thats just painful.

Everyones different though. Some people cant/wont or dont take pingers more then once a month or once a year; its all about knowing your body and how much it can take.

If you need to ask the question, then you probably need (or should) back off a bit.

P.S.
Also, as a side note. My drinking is to the point of non-existance. When I do drink, its no more then 2 or 3 drinks in a night. And when I drink whilst pilling, its never more then one drink. This could have an effect on how my body recovers from pills.

I meant, you end up wasting time as in... how many times have you had a list of things to do on the weekend (wash car, exercise, buy groceries) and end up doing none of it because you're too hungover/scattered from pilling?

That's what I meant by 'wasting time'.

It's amazing how productive you can be when you're not on drugs all the time. It's boring at first though :)

I meant, you end up wasting time as in... how many times have you had a list of things to do on the weekend (wash car, exercise, buy groceries) and end up doing none of it because you're too hungover/scattered from pilling?

It's amazing how productive you can be when you're not on drugs all the time. It's boring at first though :)

While I absolutely agree with the sentiment of moderation here, I have to say that I am FAR less productive on a day when I am hungover from alcohol than I EVER am if I have been doing drugs. Alcohol wrecks my entire next day, whereas if I've been taking pills, coke, LSD, etc, it is only that I am sleepdeprived, not necessarily hung over. Get FAR more done that way =D

If I have MD during the day and sleep that respective night, I have no problems going about my general duties the next day...

Sleep deprivation is what gets me... Eeeeks! :p

Fair point. But to answer you. Never actually. I make sure I dont have things to do on weekends, it gets in the way of partying :\

I don't think anyone can tell how much is too much. You'll know when you've reached your limit. Like a few people have mentioned 'losing the magic' for some lucky people they never lose it, but where not all like that. It's better if you quit before this point and you might get to enjoy it in the future. Try and not make it become a necessity. If you can't go out without popping a pill then the problem's already started. Wait till it get's to the point where you can only really connect with the people you pill with when you are pilling, and the only interesting conversation is talking about being off your face, when your not off your face. This might happen it might not. But one day you'll crash and burn(not literally), and when that happens the drug use will either end or you'll change drug preference and find what you believe is a suitable replacement. Just think ' moderate use will prolong those true ecstasy experiences' that we all look for. Peace, harmony, being at one with your friends and your surroundings, that sort of thing.

Enjoy it while you can, but don't over do it.

pillsizwatuneed

strumpet said:
While I absolutely agree with the sentiment of moderation here, I have to say that I am FAR less productive on a day when I am hungover from alcohol than I EVER am if I have been doing drugs. Alcohol wrecks my entire next day, whereas if I've been taking pills, coke, LSD, etc, it is only that I am sleepdeprived, not necessarily hung over. Get FAR more done that way =D

Maybe so, but that's far from relevant. Alcohol was never suggested by SLM as a suitable replacement for pills that would not have these drawbacks, so you can't use it in defense of your beloved MDMA. The point of SLM's post not only applies to MDMA, almost any drug if abused to this point will have these negative consequences.

While you are taking the pills you do not realise what they are doing to you. It's only when you stop taking them that you look back and see how profoundly they have been affecting you.

you know u got a problem when u go out to a club and just plan to drink.. then halfway into the night find yourself chasing some gear..

that doesnt sound bad but when you think about it, it really is.

reward said:
you know u got a problem when u go out to a club and just plan to drink.. then halfway into the night find yourself chasing some gear..

that doesnt sound bad but when you think about it, it really is.

I know the feeling :(

Especially when you see so many people you know are dropping that night, makes it that much harder.