Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"healthier" cigarettes

twippa

Bluelighter
Right, i know all cigarettes are bad for you, but you know how some are a lot more expensive then others, and some have things like charcoal filters etc, can anyone tell me if there is a brand of cigs which are less bad for you than most?

And why?

I did a search but didnt find anyhing. Thanks a lot!

"American Spirit"

made by indians with no added chems. just as nature intended :)

yeah. the "regular" strength American Spirits are like 20's

fucking tasty, burn for ages, and potent :)

i'd hardly say they're less bad for you, they contain a shitload of tar

you want cigs that aren't as bad for you? smoke rollies (with a filter)

can you get these in australia? I have never heard of them. Also what about different types of filters, do they really make any difference?

Maybe you could try smoking little rolled bits of tree bark ;)
I think just about every kid used to do this. We called them 'Barkies'. Oh the horrific memories.
Who knows you might get some DMT out of :p;)

I think just about every kid used to do this.

barkies? 8o

cant say i've heard of those... lol

i remember smokin cinnamon quills. they actually dont taste bad.
dipped 'em in hash oil once and it kinda worked :p

American Spirit have infact a much higher ammount of freebase nicotine.

Higher ammount of freebase nicotine, higher rate of addiction ;)

Taken from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ml&sSheet=/portal/2003/07/27/ixportaltop.html

They found that some brands contained 10 to 20 times higher percentages of freebase nicotine than experts had previously been led to believe. Brands were compared with a laboratory "reference" cigarette containing one per cent freebase nicotine.

They varied greatly, ranging from one per cent or two per cent to 36 per cent for a speciality US brand called American Spirit.

The popular Marlboro brand contained up to 9.6 per cent freebase nicotine. Other well known brands included Camel (2.7 per cent), Winston (five per cent - 6.2 per cent) and Gauloises Blondes (5.7 per cent - 7.5 per cent)

Plus they taste like absolute shit, the additives are put onto the tobacco for a reason, and that's to maker it less harsh on the throat.

The safer ciggies come from Europe, they have lower levels of chemicals in their smoke compared to american brands. I am not sure about the levels in Australia though.

No no, American Spirit really are quite tasty :p

Pffft higher rate of addiction... uhhh ok... so if your first cigarettes are american spirit, you will get hooked faster than if you smoked marlboro lights?

whatever, who gives a shit, moving right along

anyway, some people prefer the greater kick :)

Actually that is correct about getting addicted faster, you're a fast learner, they have compared freebase nicotine to crack cocaine, Marlboro got into some trouble a few years ago for their freebase nicotine ammounts, so they had to reduce them as they were many times higher than normal ciggies

And American Spirit do taste like shit, I have smoked chop chop that was smoother.
Ubless you smoke chop chop, then I can see how it might be a step up.

chop chop meaning homegrown tobacco?

can't say i've ever smoked that.

how about we agree to disagree, I like American Spirit and you find them disgusting :p

hell, some people smoke winfield reds *blech*

hahaha now winnie reds is something we BOTh agree on! :)

peace

ahhh good old 'chop chop'.
i used to smoke that shit when i wasn't working much, it worked out to be damn cheap but you get what you pay for. it tastes nasty and strange, and sitting for hours on end with a few boxes of zig zags and a dinky little machine is a waste of time. plus, a few months ago a whole bunch of people who were buying it from a tobbaconist got very very ill from it. if it isnt properly stored (and think about it, its illegal) it can grow mould and other nasties that you cant see. when you smoke this, you start growing the shit on your lungs and end up in hospital and it is VERY bad for your health. worse than legal cigarettes. in short, i would advise people to stay away from it.