Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ABC @ Advent*jah

phase_dancer

Bluelight Crew
4 corners were at Adventjah in Brisbane Sunday Night. They interviewed heaps of people from punters to workers. First time I've seen cameras (like these) at a rave, and yet hardly anyone looked concerned.
From their attitude and questions asked, it would appear they do want to present a different side to our favourite pastime than what is normally portrayed. Lets hope so anyway.
Good luck Johnboy, I hear it's your turn sometime soon.
phase_dancer

Yup, I spoke to one of the people that's actually putting the documentary (sp?) together, and she said they were starting in Brissy at Advent*jah, then moving down the coast to Byron Bay, then to a rave in Sydney and possibly a bush doof, then into Melbourne in early May - where I'll be interviewed
smile.gif

It actually sounds like it's going to be a very non-political doco, where they're going to interview the people that go to raves, clubs, etc - not the people that are trying to fight the drug problem and close down raves.
Should be very interesting to watch, and fun to be a part of!
smile.gif

------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

The film crew also came to AstroFreakin' in Corndale (just outside Byron Bay) the night before Advent*jah.
Apparently, the piece should go to air in about 5-6 weeks and will be 45min longs. From what they were saying, it is mainly about the Dance Scene, not just drugs, and their attitudes reflected this. At Corndale, there were a HEAP of drunk and stoned under-aged people running around like fools, so if they had wanted to take a negative angle, the opportunity was definately there.
Maxi

well actually tarsalan, icantfeelmylegs and myself have already been interviewed as part of the doco - they filmed us the saturday before adventjah and followed us around a bush doof at corndale (in land a bit from byron).
i was really impressed with the crew's attitude towards the project and us - we got heaps of chuppa chups and starbursts from them, SCORE! but yeah, they are really trying to take a different angle, find out why people are in the scene, what they think about it and drugs etc. i was a little sceptical at first about being a part of the doco, but i think it's going to be really interesting.
so have to find out when it's screening
bk!
------------------
my world is a beautiful moment