Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Chew or Swallow? ;-p

6slick9

Bluelighter
I've been curious for a while, so I thought I'd put it to you guys... What is the difference in effect/duration/time to take effect, etc between swallowing a pill whole and chewing? I've always just dropped them whole, but know of a few ppl who chew them first. Any info would be gr8. Thx.

choo choo!! Here comes the E Train!!!... choo choo!!!!!
wink.gif

I chew because I loooove the taste
wink.gif
. Seriously though, you are supposed to come up quicker if you chew it. I'm an impatient bastard so I chew mine...
Oh and don't do what I did last night... I was tring to decide to chew or swallow... chew..swallow..chew..swallow, OK chew it is!! So I started chewing, only to forget that I still had gum in my mouth.. I had the worst tasting gum for the next 20 minutes. My jaw was working furiously trying to make sure that all of the pill had disolved from the gum before I would let myself throw the gum out!

eww Greginton!
frown.gif

Don't chew unless U have plenty of RED cordial, or another tasty drink handy. Water doesnt seem 2 rid da bitter taste!
For me, I find chewing to be better. I havent chewed in ages actually though (I cant stand the taste), but it came on quicker, and also I peaked harder (apparently because the pill is broken down in your stomach).
Ive heard that the pill wears off quicker if you chew it, however I find different! It lasts just as long (or short)
An ex of mine used to chew, and then I told myself Ok ill chew, and then I started chewing every pill I ate, but now I stopped I think Im gonna start again.!
chewing is the answer

chewing a pill for the sake of 15 minutes? and I thought *I* was impatient

I've always chewed mine, till i heard that this actually corrodes your teeth in the long run. (i'm not talking once a mth here of course, but more of a regular basis.)
Therefore, i now bomb it.
The effects for me for chewing is that it comes on faster but the duration of both chewing and swallowing is the same.
Read more about different methods of ingesting MDxx and the effects etc. etc. etc.
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum32/HTML/000016.html?reload=5

So I started chewing ......trying to make sure that all of the pill had disolved from the gum before I would let myself throw the gum out!
GREGINGTON, Dude dont spit the gum just swallow, chewing gum is good for you
wink.gif

Hell I managed to do it with an HQ - now that was filthy
smile.gif

Oh yah 6slick9 if you look in Pixe Stix' FAQ in New To XTC Forum http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum6/HTML/006773.html?reload=31 - theres enuff quality info on E to keep ya entertained for a while
[This message has been edited by Chiron (edited 08 April 2001).]

Im definitely a swallower
smile.gif
. Can't stand the taste and am also of the opinion that its not good at all for your teeth.
If your desperate for that extra kick that a pill gives you when you chew it, why not crush it up in a capsule, soon as the capsule disolves it'll hit you all at once.

If you want a quick come up and can't stand the taste - crush it up and cap it
smile.gif

------------------
~sleep is for the week~

Chewers: one thing to be wary of is getting bits of pill stuck in your teeth, gums, etc, as it supposedly increases chances of decay etc. Im not talking about big-arsed chunks, but really small bits that would usually go unnoticed.
but other than that....
Im a chew-er tooo
smile.gif

Maxi

guess wat? i used to suck on pills till they dissolve completely... i found that by the time ive sucked one down, it starts to hit at about the same time. the way i did it was to keep it in the middle of my tongue, not touching the sides of my mouth or teeth.
dont ask me how i could stand the taste, i just did.
but i dont do it anymore. i guess ive tortured my taste buds too intensively. i can no longer stand the taste of anything remotely bitter.
now i stand by the logic: pills are made pills for swallowing.
smile.gif

The theory goes that if you chew the pill it will then cover a larger area in your digestive system and can therefore be absorbed faster.
I've chewed a couple of times and it does seem to come on faster, tho not faster or harder enough to make the awful taste worthwhile...
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned plugging yet
wink.gif

You beat me to it Tars
wink.gif
I usually at least bite it in half...... or stick it under my eyelid.

Seriously... if you are a dumper of pills, and you are hanging out for it to hit you quicker than just dumping the pill "as it is"... crush up the pill, put the now powdered pill into the capsule, and just swallow that... the capsules dissolve in your stomach in a matter of seconds leaving the powder to be absorbed rapidly (greater surface area).
And if you chew, you're just aggravating more tissue membranes, while wasting a fair bit because some will absorb into the membrane of your cheeks and under your tongue (well not so much wasting, it all gets absorbed, however absorbtion through the mouth is a slow mechanism of getting "it" into the bloodstream.
Plz, correct me if i'm wrong!
smile.gif

I think i got it right...?
The fastest way for a pill to take effect is still via ol' plug. (well you have snorting, but that gives a different effect, dont you think?)
[This message has been edited by MachT (edited 09 April 2001).]

okies, i don't know any medical shit about this, but i think i've had a pill in every method apart from pluggin, and these are my opinions of those experiences.
swallow-yep, well, we all know.
dissolve under tongue-hits maybe 10 minutes faster, but has a nicer, longer, consistent comeon.
chew-mmm...taste. fuckin bad for your teeth. get worried about getting bits stuck. but not much different to dissolving, cept a bit quicker.
railuncut-hits fuckin fast. definately a different explerience. i often find railing makes me buzz heaps more, not uppy, but buzzy. also a faster roll
railcut-nicer on the nose (specially if your railing cap powder), slower come on, but basically the same as straight railing
parachuting(or whatever you wanna call it)-fuckin had to work to swallow a napkin (c; didn't feel to different to capping
capping-fast comeon, from there preedy much same as straight dropping, maybe a bit more intense.
.02c.
------------------
got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

Thanx a heap for the info...
Time to experiment }:-]
I'll post my exploits at Ultraworld...
Caps seem to be the go, so my decision is made for me this time
smile.gif
)

eww gross!
i dont know how girls do it - my girlfriend sucks her pills as well.
one day we had a lecture on sublingual admin of drugs and how u get more out of your pill (er..medication hehe
smile.gif

from that day on... i scrunch up my face just thinking of it :0

Hey Perception, you sound like a lucky guy.
If your girlfriend can stand the taste of sucking pills than surely she must enjoy... umm sublingual administation of semen.
------------------
Is Don, Is Good