• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Thats a nice bust....

Just makes you wonder how much stuff actually gets in all the time when there is never a shortage!
Damn too, those pills looked chunky!
------------------
Have you seen the actual reality of a monster's crime?

i find it funny how they always refer to it as being a 'significant amount'.. based on the illegal drug trade being a $20bil industry (underestimate) that $25mil worth hey just lost would be like the average person loosing arond $50.. hardly something to get excited over..

Australian Federal Police acting general manager Tony Negus refused to speculate on the impact the seizure would have on local drug prices and supply.
I was under the impression that supply and demand meant fuck all in this business, and the dealers just charge whatever they want...
------------------
"It was one of those days, when it’s a minute away from snowing. And there was this electricity in the air. You can almost hear it. And this bag was just... dancing, with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. That’s the day I realised that there was this entire life behind things. And this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know that there was no reason to be afraid. Ever..."

Ah little Johnny will be rubbing his fat little hands with glee over this bust, right on time with his "Tough On Drugs" campaign
makes me wonder if they hadnt busted this stuff months ago and just released it to the media to coinsign with Johnny's little anti drugs propaganda bullshit, just a thought, but with an election coming up and the general dodgy nature of politicians nothing surprises me.
Oh well off to the incinerator they go,
Boo Hoo.

is it just me, or did the pills bare a striking resemblance to a pill, what was it again, hmm.. RED HQ!
couldn't make out the markings, but the colour and shape (from a distance) did seem oddly familiar..
was interesting that the one of the customs officials that was interviewed actually refered to its as an 'MDMA' seizure... wow!
------------------
---------
dv8

yeah i read that and ititiall thought that the customs dude bust do pills if he actually refers to mdma as mdma! sheezz...isn't that against the 'tough on drugs' policy? ok...nuff ranting...
"It sends a clear warning to those involved in the drug trade in Australia that the chances of illicit drugs being detected by Customs is increasing all the time," Senator Ellison said.
ummmmm no, i thikn it sends a clear message that australians are taking more drugs (c;
------------------
got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

sarsen: that is the first thing i thought when i saw them... they are that same funny colour as the imported hqs too!! does anyone know if they actually are?

looked like a pink pill with an outpressed stamp to me (channel 2 footage).

Pineapple juice is pretty acidic... It'll corrode metals with a little oxygen. I'd like to know wtf they packaged the pills in!
hmmmm 500 000 pills would keep me... (and the rest of Australia) going for a while, I wonder what their final destination was supposed to be. 500 000 is too many for Australia to have been their final (intended) destination yeah?

i dont think it would be too many at all, its a fucking shit load, but there would be no point sending em all to Australia, then sending 40% or something somwehere else.

500,000 is not a lot... the figure thrown around for new years was 100,000 people taking e. sure thats new years, but not all of them took just one did they?
i've also heard (probably way off) estimates that close to a hundred thousand pills are taken each week. of course we can never know the actual figure, but it would have to many, many tens of thousands a week. so the figure of 500,000 doesnt seem that riduclous, just someone stocking up for the year.
but it takes more than one bust to win a drug war. customs and police still say they only ever get 15% of whats coming into the country...
pleonastic: drug dealers are just as influenced by maket forces as any other business. sure you cant go to the Trade Practices Commission if you feel you are gettign ripped off, but markets always operate on the same principles, be they black markets or white.
the saying in economics goes: "whatever the market can bear".
this means what ever you can afford to pay you will, but also, whatever the seller can afford to sell at, he will. you can afford 40 bucks a pill so you are prepared to pay it. you arent prepared to pay $100, so no dealer is going to ask that. he is also incredibly unlikely to ask for more than $40 if he knows you can go to another dealer and get it for cheaper.
there is the complication that you might not be actually paying for MDMA, you might instead be paying way above market value for a small amount of ketamine and amphetamine.
this situation is more likely when busts of imported MDMA pills are made, as there always seems to be pills around, and they always seem to be the same price, but stranbely enuf they all seem turn orange to a tester.
although we dont have a Choice magazine, we do have pillreports and testing kits, your consumer protection!
wink.gif

------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 08 April 2001).]

I was having this discussion with a few people last night. Saying how most people were like "Ya, get those horrible drugs off the street" But us ravers were saying "Shit, they looked like good quality imports!"
If the government is so woried about the risk of drugs as they claim to be. Why don't they spend more efforts on confiscating the locally made dodgy pills ?

I would have thought the local pills only help the government cause. They are (anecdotally) more dodgy, which could cause a couple of things. People may be less likely to buy pills if the quality is generally shite (well some people might). Also they might cause more people to be hospitalised, thus giving the media much needed 'horror' stories to sensationalise (i'm sure they are running out of ones to make up). Also it is possible that the police are 'benefiting' from local drug making, and are thus less likely to target it.
Mind you the vast majority of all pills available would seem to be imported, or at least most of the MDMA (in pill form or not).
We all sigh when we hear of a huge drug bust, but the occasional one keeps the general public happy that the 'war' on drugs is working. I'm just glad that it is rare to hear of people getting busted at the user level: that would make life a little more dangerous.
Also a reminder that there is a drug related story on 60 minutes tonight (albeit about pot), so if you've got nothing better to do it might be worth a laugh.