Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Millions of dollars of drugs seized in NSW and Qld

Bootlegger

Bluelighter
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2001/04/item20010407031438_1.htm
Millions of dollars of drugs seized in NSW and Qld
Customs officers and Federal police have seized a record amount of amphetamines valued at $25 million from a shipping container in Sydney.
While north of the border Queensland police are claiming to have smashed a multi-million dollar amphetamine ring.
The Minister for Customs, Chris Ellison, says the Sydney shipment included 125 kilograms of amphetamines tablets, and 15 kilograms of heroin.
The drugs were concealed in a consignment of pineapple tins shipped from China and have a combined street value of $34 million.
Senator Ellison says customs officers used sophisticated methods to target the container and confirmed the presence of the drugs through an X-ray examination.
A 34 year-old Canadian national and a 42-year-old Chinese national have been charged over the haul and are due to appear in the Parramatta local court later today.
Queensland
Police inquiries are continuing into a multi-million dollar amphetamines ring based in south-east Queensland.
The illegal set-up, which has seen more than a dozen arrests, has been described by detectives as the biggest of its kind in Australia.
The year-long investigation involved Queensland Police as well as officers from the Queensland Crime Commission and the National Crime Authority.
They swooped on more than 30 properties stretching from Gympie to Jimboomba, seizing weapons, drug-making equipment and chemicals used to produce amphetamines.
Detective Inspector John Curtin says the particular type of operation had the capability to churn out drugs on a scale never seen before.
"We are talking a significant situation with respect to the amphetamine and drug industry in Queensland," he said.
Police say investigations are ongoing.
Later news confirms the amphetamines tablets are ecstasy.
------------------
And the Mission is the Mouse...

Yeh i just saw that on tele , 500,000 tablets..
But i geuss if they were speed bombs it isnt as bad as first thought.

Also proves another interesting point - not all speed bombs are made in australia.. that might explain the professionally pressed speedy pills we're starting to see: white euros, daffys etc etc.

Um where did it say they where Speed??
I just saw it on the News , They didnt say anything about speed . just Ecstasy.
And did anyone else see it??
The pills looks ALOT like the Hq's

lol, *sweeping statement* no one exports speed bombs. channel 2 news he specifically said they were MDMA, and the container had come from China, a country not known for its production of MDMA. They were pink pills with what looked like an outpressed stamp, any ideas?
------------------
www.enlighten-hr.org - Enlighten Harm Reduction.

The story says nothing to suggest that these pills are speed bombs. By saying amphetamine tablet the story leaves MDMA as a posibility - that is what the "A" is for afterall.
As for the brand of the pills... saw a close up of the green ones and they were Euros...unsure of the pink ones

yes i saw the green euros. what a waste there were sooooo many - how sad!
frown.gif

WAAAAA!! Not green euros
frown.gif

That was the only pill we tested last night that turned B-L-A-C-K! *boo hoo hoo*

OH man not the green euro's they are the bomb
biggrin.gif
Damn you customs bastards, damn you to hell.
------------------
*I've tried most drugs but, Ecstasy would have to rate as being the sweetest of them all*