Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ever smoked meth with tobacco?

Runner2

Bluelighter
If you have, next time you do think again. Here is a study of the products of the pyrolysis that you inhale:

Determination of Pyrolysis Products of Smoked Methamphetamine Mixed with Tobacco by Tandem Mass Spectrometry
Maw-Rong Lee, Jsuey Jeng, Wei-Shin Hsiang, and Bao-Huey Hwang

This study examines the pyrolysis products of smoked methamphetamine mixed with tobacco that was trapped with a C8 adsorbent cartridge and then detected by gas chromatography– tandem mass spectrometry. According to the results, the mainstream smoke contains 2-methylpropyl-benzene, 2-chloropropyl-benzene, 2,3-dihydro-3,5-dihydroxy-6-methyl-4H-pyran-4-one, 3-ethyl-phenol, methamphetamine, dimethylamphetamine, hydroquinone, 3-methyl-5-(1-methylethyl)-methylcarbamate phenol, N-methyl-N-(2-phenylethyl)-acetamide, 4-(3-hydroxy-1-butenyl)-3,5,5-trimethyl-2-cyclohexene-1-one, propanoic acid, N-acetylmethamphetamine, phenyl ester, and furfurylmethylamphetamine. In addition, the compounds in sidestream smoke are 2-propenyl benzene, phenylacetone, methamphetamine, dimethylamphetamine, benzyl methyl ketoxime, 3,4-dihydro-2-naphthalenone, N-folmyamphetamine, N-acetylamphetamine, bibenzyl, N-folmylmethamphetamine,
N-acetylmethamphetamine, N-propionymethamphetamine, and furfurylmethylamphetamine. Moreover, the presence of methamphetamine promotes the oxidation of the tobacco components.

Taken from HERE

The sheer number of various chemicals produced makes me think twice!

Not that I can understand the names of half of those but it does sound bad doesn't it...

I'm a little confused by the method though. Does this mean they combined meth and tobacco and vapourised the 2 together or burnt the mixture? Either way I can't see many people wasting their meth this way.

But what if the same chemicals are produced if you had a toke from your meth pipe and then went out and had a cigarette....8o

my friend who smokes meth always waits a while after to have a ciggie.

its probably a good idea.....

Fry-d- AFAIK these chemicals are caused through a reaction between the chems in tobacco and the meth when they are burnt, it wouldn't have the same effect smoking a ciggy after smoking meth.

Just a few questions i'm heading to work so don't have the time ATM to do some research but i will later.

1. How many of these chemicals are produced when either tabacoo or meth is smoked alone.

2. How many of these chemicals are bad for you.

I will read the full article later tonight hopefully it will answer the questions?

Im a person who has regularly rolled a cigarette with smokable methamphetamine in it. Reading runner2's post above has made me think twice about it. Doesn't sound realy good for me.
It tastes a little strange when you do it to, now that I have thought about it Im not surprissed there is some nasty stuff in the mix.

I was wondering the same thing xcidium! This thread is the first i've ever heard of anyone mixing tobacco and meth ... though I know numerous people who have had "snow cones" before. Just a quick q regarding those chemicals listed above, are all the ones with xxxxxmethampetamine (where xxxx is numerous different chemical words I cant remember nor understand) just bad chemicals that you dont want in you, or is it more similar to that chemical (cant remember the name) produced when one consumes cocaine and alcohol at once? (In that its another active substance created by the combination of the two)

Sorry about how I worded the above question, I lack really any understanding of chemistry, though I did a semester of it in yr11 but thats just a faded memory now.

Last edited:
The chemicals listed are pyrolysis products of meth and tobacco. This means that under the extreme heat of the flame( and variations in cooling, water vapour present etc) some of the chemicals in tobacco (both natural occuring and additives) react with methamphetamine and produce the products listed.

Some of these compounds could prove to be very toxic, while others may be more or less toxic in the presence of other pyrolysis compounds.

Here's something from a while back

A few interesting bits on meth

First I've heard of Meth and Tobacoo in a mix.

That would be like puting flour in your cocaine before you used it.

Except the flour wouldn't be as harmful.

Cheers p_d, thats basically what I was expecting, though its good to get a clear explanation of it. :)

That link was interesting, I never realised how much meth got lost if you smoked it. I've only ever smoked it once, though from what I've read it seems to be pretty bad for you. I dont think i'll be consuming it that way again.