what are you studying

DLX360E

Bluelighter
what are you doing at uni? what year are you in? and at what uni?

im doing Interior Architecture about to start my 2nd year at the university of South Australia.

I am a biology/chem convert, from CS.
Technically a sophomore as far as the new major. Depends on how you want to look at it, I guess.

Currently at a community college finishing my last semester before my associates, then I have a guaranteed transfer to Cal Poly.

Majoring in Computer Information Systems with emphasis on security, will be computer science once I transfer.

Fifth year in community college.. Hey, I had fun! Getting serious now, started when I was 16 anyway so I'm only 1 or 2 semesters behind if I had started at 18 like normal.

I'm in my sixth semester of college, but it's my first semester at USC: I'm sort of in between sophomore and junior standing at the moment. My official major is Creative Writing, but I'm really not wanting to pursue it at this point. If I had my choice, I'd probably be majoring either in Theatre or in Music Composition. Communication is also a possibility.

Heading towards the end of my first year doing my PhD in Chemical Engineering. I've done 2 semesters, but as my PhD doesn't really run on semesters, more on years, I'm about 10 and a half months in :)

Doing this at the University of Sydney.

CB :)

DLX360E said:
what sort of stuff you do with the maths you learn?
You mean what maths do I do (ie what modules) or do you mean what do I plan on doing with it once I graduate?

Modules this year are things like General Relativity, Quantum Mechanics (2 courses this year), Electrodynamics, Asymptotic Methods and Integrable Systems.
Basically covering most "more mathsy" physics topics, and courses which give a wide range of techniques for attacking problems.

As for what I plan to do with it, I don't know. I don't usually think that far ahead. I'm 3rd year now, want to do a 4th year. Going into The City to do banking etc is a possibility, but very cut-throat and extremely demanding. There are a wide range of other applications, especially in more cut edge technologies. Teaching is not something I plan on doing, at least not for a few more decades, and not to people younger than 16.

Pretty much "taking it as it comes" really. I'm on this course because I like and I'm good at maths and physics, not because of a specific career plan.

Last edited:
I'm a freshman at the university of Pittsburgh. I declared my major, Linguistics, a month or two ago and I'm really into it. I may also declaro a secondary major in psych or russian, or minor in one of those and major in the other..we'll see. Might also pick up the American Sign Language certificate offered

U0 (from U0-U3 here in Quebec)
Faculty of Science-BSc. in Psychology
Minor in History or Political Science
McGill University

Are you really at McGill? That's a damned good school. Two of our linguistics professors went there