Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anti-Depressants and e

anfalicious

Bluelighter
I've always wondered what the effect of anti-depressants (particularly zoloft) have on e.
For example if I munch a few zolofts I get a similar, albiet much milder, effect as I do with MD. Also, does taking anti-d's in the build up to a big weekend depreciate, do nothing or heighten the roll?
any info would be appreciated.
Just read another post on this... all it seemed to do was ramble on about how to get prozac. I have zoloft, and buckets of the shit, so any info on effects would be nice
smile.gif

------------------
Everyone knows cool hit it's peak in 1974.
[This message has been edited by anfalicious (edited 29 March 2001).]

go to Enlighten and read the pamphlet information on SSRIs. Basically the anti-depressant has a greater affinity to the reuptake transporter so the MDMA cannot get into the serotonin axon terminal to release the serotonin. in essence it makes the MDMA less effective.
Read the Dancesafe MDMA Neurochemistry Slideshow to educate yourself. Taking and SSRI and MDMA is not advisable, however there are ways to minimise potential risks.

*bump*
This question comes up time and time again, that's why it's answered so well in the EVERYONE READ! FAQ, which you can get to using the link at the top of the page in the Australia/Asia/NZ/Middle East Drug Discussion forum.
SSRI anti-depressants can be useful as a post-load but if you take them prior to a pill, chances are you'll feel nothing from the MDxx. If you're using SSRI's, 5-HTP should be avoided.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Or , you could ehad over to the medical q/a forum where this topic raises its head daily. Check out the definitive post on this.......http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000703.html
-egg