Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Prozac - wrong forum, but drug forum is broken

BlakMagicWoman

Bluelighter
I know this belongs in the drug forum, but I think it's down right now - I can't get it to work.......so, for now I'll just post it here and hope I don't get in toooooo much trouble....
I'm pretty new to the whole E thing, having only done it twice....the first time I only did a half....the second time (Friday night) I took 2 wholes during the night...yeah, I know that was pretty stoopid - I did a lot of research beforehand but didn't realise there probably ain't enough seratonin left after one to make taking a second worth it (I did get two awesome peaks though)...but, that's not the issue...... The issue is pre/post-loading - I've read up heaps, and am gonna do the 5-htp, antioxidants and vitamins thing........but, I'm very curious about post-loading with a Prozac tab in order to reduce neurotoxic effects - pleeeeease don't bother bombarding me with opinions about whether it's good or bad or whatever - I'm still looking into it and have good sources of info - it's not what I need to hear about here.............what I want is some advice on how to go about getting it if I decide I wanna try.......
My mum's a nurse, and she's taken Prozac in the past....so, I thought I'd try doing the whole "honesty" thing and get her to get me some - but, as soon as I mentioned Ecstacy to her she started raving on like she's an A Current Affair reporter......so, I'm not gonna waste my breath on her anymore - she's not an option *LOL*
I know I could go to a GP and feed him a bs story about being down and depressed and all that and get a prescription.....but, I'm a tiny bit paranoid about that - cos, so many people have a stigma about antidepressants, and I don't want any medical records with both my name and Prozac on em (it wouldn't be too good for my future career plans)
So, the only option seems to be ordering them from the net - I found a seemingly good US site with pretty cheap prices (http://www.anagen.net/avveng.htm) which I thought I might try....but, I'm wondering how Australian Customs might feel about it - the site says most countries don't have a problem, but that sometimes a particular Customs officer will send the package back to the sender (if that happens the site gives you a refund, supposedly) - so, have any of you had any experience with importing these kinds of drugs?? Or does anybody know any Aussie websites I could order through?? Any info would be MUCH appreciated!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"Come to the edge, he said.
They said: We are afraid.
They came.
He pushed them...and they flew."
- Guillaume Apollinaire

I dunno why I didn't think of it before....I just went to the Customs site, and it seems that I won't have a problem importing Prozac from overseas - it doesn't contain any of the controlled substances which require an import permit, and you don't need a prescription from an Australian doctor.....the only restriction is that you can only bring in up to a 3 month supply at a time......
So, I'm almost 100% sure Customs wouldn't be able to justify not letting the package in..........I'm still interested to know if anybody has any experiences in this area though.....
------------------
They came.
- Guillaume Apollinaire

There is no stigma attached to medical records - and thats the law!
Your personal medical records are just that - personal, and protected by the Hypocratic Oath....as well as many privacy statutes.
In my opinion, the easiest way to obtain prozac, zoloft, or any other SSRI's is to simply go to ur GP, tell them a blag story and bang....all urs.
I went to a GP in Claremont - never been to his clinic before - and told him i needed a "repeat" on my Zoloft script. He asked no questions and prescribed my a six month supply - this was helpful of him but I have to wonder whether this borders on malpractice.

Yeah, I know medical records are SUPPOSED to be totally private......but still, I'm sure there are one or two professions (for example, those involving the government, and Intelligence) who manage to obtain them regardless.......
But anyways.....yeah I guess I should go the doctor route....I'm just worried that I'll be the unlucky one who gets a doctor that says "noooo you don't need antidepressants....let's try natural therapies" *LOL*
Just outta interest - how much do the basic antidepressants cost on prescription in Australia??
------------------
They came.
- Guillaume Apollinaire

The only doctors who are going to give a person who isn't depressed anti-depressants are doctors who are bordering on incompetent.
I have heard of doctors giving people I know anything from anti-depressants to fake medical certs, but you have to know who they are I guess.
Your medical records are not as confidential as people might think, some medical records are now available on the net through some medical resources and the police can get a hold of medical records if they have a good enough reason.
Nothing is really confidential these days, unfortunately.

i have used the site mentioned above (link below) to order/import prozac a few times and have not had a problem so far.
when i rang customs several months back i was told i could import up to 3 months supply of prozac at any one time and not more than 15 months supply in any 12 month period. (same as 5-htp). they also told me that they would like to see that i was using the prozac under medical supervision. i am not sure how they would monitor this.
to protect my pocket, i use a few precautions. i place small orders on a regular basis, rather that 1 large order. that way if my order gets stopped/lost/ceased/etc, i am not greatly disadvantaged.
https://www.secureinput.net/anagen/kerry.htm
just a tip if ordering from this site, get the generic brand, same product, half the price
Fluox (generic fluoxetine) 30tabs x 20mg =US$18
Prozac (fluoxetine) 30tabs x 20mg=US$36
from memory prozac costs about $20 for 20 tabs in australia. so only a very small premium is paid if you order the generic brand from the net.
hope this helps
------------------
G is good, but it makes you do BAD things.
[This message has been edited by pink (edited 26 March 2001).]

Thanx soooooo much for all the really helpful info everybody
smile.gif

------------------
They came.
- Guillaume Apollinaire

Trying to move you to Drug Discussion... (I say 'trying' because with the current probs with that forum it might not work...)

Just a note, I posted in the medical forum which ssri would be best for postload and was told "Celexa"

just go to an immediate health place where u can see a doctor you will most likely never see again, tell him/her you need a script for prozac cos you've nearly run out and make sure you know which strength you want. there shouldn't be a problem using this method. a little white lie
------------------
if you found out you were dreaming, would you want to wake up?
Please don't interrupt me. That last sentence took a lot of effort to think of and now I have to think of another one.

Antidepressants are probably some of the easiest things to get a prescription for. The definition of depression these days is as broad as you can imagine. e.g. an eating disorder is often blamed on such even if you appear happy. MD's love to hand these out. You should have no problem obtaining them.
As for medical records being absolutely private... I don't think so. Private investigators working for insurance companys often check such things.
phase_dancer

BlakMajicWoman... i've ordered Prozac from OS a few times now with no probs from customs. As u mentioned 3 months supply is totally legit.
But hey... be careful not to take too much 5-HTP when taking Prozac to postload... u don't wanna give your self Serotonin Syndrome!!