Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So does 5htp really work??

Abby

Bluelighter
Sorry i know there are threads on this somewhere, but just a few questions . . .
I have comedowns so bad that i am scared to take pills now simply because i know i won't be able to deal with it later. I have heard about much good about 5htp, but just wondering to what extent does it benefit you?? ie, comedown not so bad or not at all?? or is it more a long term thing, ie, replacing lost seratonin?? and on the flipside, i've heard it makes the roll not as good or something, so some people actually prefer not to take it . . . any personal experiences appreciated.
also it's only available over the net right? credit card payment??

Hey Abby, haven't heard from you in a while. Good to hear your still around
smile.gif

As for 5HTP, personally I think the effects it has for reducing the comedown is very neglible.
However, a lot of people swear by the stuff, so I think its defintaely worth a try.

As far as I know (and this is not from experience), "5-HTP is a direct precursor to serotonin, it has to go thru a series of metabolic changes before it's converted into serotonin", now I think this means it takes a little while to get there, so it probably won't help your pill, but should help some post-pill depression, OR it should helpd you during the course of a week, replenish your serotonin supplies so that next week the pill is still quite good. But you have to build up on it, it won't work straight away off 1 pill.

As far as I know (and this is not from experience), "5-HTP is a direct precursor to serotonin, it has to go thru a series of metabolic changes before it's converted into serotonin", now I think this means it takes a little while to get there, so it probably won't help your pill, but should help some post-pill depression, OR it should helpd you during the course of a week, replenish your serotonin supplies so that next week the pill is still quite good. But you have to build up on it, it won't work straight away off 1 pill.

I think your best bet is to order some and try it for yourself. I have a thread going around in this forum about where people order it from. Check it out.
Also use google.com to search for stories about 5-htp.
------------------
Previously known as Chet