• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Do U Do International Television

Blue_Lava

Bluelighter
Anyone else here watch international television?

I love it! Nevermind that I can't understand a damn thing they are saying. It started with a little hispanic televison, but I quickly moved on to Japanese, Indian and French. I'm quite fond of the French news channel. All this said, I think I have found a new love... Russian! Man, I thought the other channels were entertaining. The Russians have them all beat. Check out the communist era music video's featuring Russian soldiers singing and dancing. Oh man, you haven't lived till you've watched one of those. *rolls laughing* Anyway, I find IT great. A window into other cultures, other times, and of course tons of good laughs along the way.

Yes I do!

I get the Arabic language stations via satellite (Al-Jazeera, LBC, etc.). The Lebanese ones are a riot -- silly and very American-influenced for the most part.

I love watching Indian music videos on that international channel that comes on regular cable. They're these great big epic productions!

hah anyone tried making up stories and dialogue for foreign language sitcoms/dramas films? pretty geeky but pretty fun.

I watch GIGA games pretty often, its a german tv show about video games. It helps me to learn the german, plus its pretty amusing.
Do you watch foreign shows off the Internet? where at?

one day a week one of the local pbs stations shows a whole bunch of international programming - polish, korean, indian, and some others i'm probably forgetting.

i like to watch the indian dance music videos.

i watch the polish news and all the little kids i know love the korean pre-k like programming that is shown here

k23.jpg

every now and again they show some sort of korean dating show (i think). can't understand a word of it but it keeps me in stitches the whole time it's on.

there's also some saga set in fuedal japan that they show sometimes. even with subtitles i can't understand it - too many characters and i don't catch it often enough.

then there's a telenovela on the spanish channel sometimes that seems to be centered around catholic high school girls. don't understand spanish either but you can count me as a fan.