• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NO TRIPSITTER! trying acid for the first time. Advice?

psy_taco

Bluelighter
NO EXPERIENCED TRIPSITTER! trying acid for the first time. Advice?

I have been wanting to try acid for a while and have recently made up my mind that I am definately ready and willing.
There is a problem though: I have no friends who have experience with LSD. if I was going to do it would be with a good friend who would be sober but unfortunately they would have no experience with the drug. I would be doing it at a friends house and would take half a tab to begin with.
I am very well read on LSD and have spent alot of time reading up on it on erowid- but constantly it is said that it is paramount that i have a trip sitter with experience with LSD. I am very experienced with pot and have had a reasonable number of experiences with MDMA and MDA (low to high doses), methamphetamines, diazapam, some opiates (including oxycodone and morphine) and ritalin - so I think I can handle a low dose of LSD.
Anyway are there any experienced LSD users who think that I should go ahead with this and what advice can they give me (keeping in mind I am well versed in the importance of set and setting and the basics like that)
Chhers guys:)

First of all there's a lot of guides on this sort of thing but it sounds like you've read them already and just want reassurance. I'm not that experienced with LSD but I do know how to handle the low doses. I've tripped four times all at parties. They've all essentially been solo trips and I've only had a tripsitter on my second one. He wasn't necessary but I felt a bit safer. I don't know what my fixation with tripping at parties is about but I don't want to be anywhere near my parents when on illegal substances.

I think the first thing to realise is it isn't the big scary drug it's made out to be. If you're mentally stable then you should be able to handle it if you're in a good mood and in good surroundings. Don't worry about it, that's just going to make it worse.

Here's a checklist of things you might want to have:
Entertainment - nothing too hard and aggressive
Food and drink - especially sweet stuff!
Pen and paper
Wide open spaces - chances are you'll want to wander around
Alcohol - this helps take the edge off the trip but could dull the experience too much. Because it's your first trip, I think you should save it till after the peak.
A pool! - if your first trip is anything like mine you'll know what I mean!
Anything else you can think of.

By the way, which tabs did you get? There's a thread about the current trips going around in this forum.

Everyone does things differently, and I would certainly do things differently to gher. I remember my first LSD experience and when you are inexperienced with LSD I suggest you do the following things to prepare for it:

• Clean the house/room you are tripping in. You might be suprised how a messy house can impact the trip, LSD is a funny thing when you arn't experienced with it.
  • Prepare a friut salad/fruit drink selection (assuming you eat fruit). You will find it is much easier to eat than other products.
  • Eat during the trip, although you may not feel like you need to, if you continue to have fruit snacks you will feel better by the end of the experience.
  • Collate you favorite music, I prefer warm melodic vocals. This can come in handy if the trip gets too much for you and the human vocal element can keep you grounded.
  • Set up some dim mood lighting, nothing too bright or too dull.
  • Don't take any other drugs while you are on the LSD, especially seeing it is your first experience you will want it uncontaminated.
  • Meditate before you take the LSD. I don't mean you have to be a Buddhist monk or anything, just control your set, clear your mind, be confident and accept what happens.
  • No matter what happens during the experience it doesn't last forever, and you will probably only have a peak duration of three - four hours, then the tail will keep you up for a while.
  • I like to have a benzo with a short half life available and head to bed after I have been up all night tripping. I have friends who enjoy the reflection period during the tail, however I prefer to let my body start recovering and a benzo slips you into sleep easily.

I find a preparation ritual helps you achieve a good mindset and above are some of the things I do before a trip. I would leave the pool as gher suggested until you are a little more familiar with the drug. Psychedelics are nothing like what you have tried before and should be treated with respect and caution. Work your way up, start low and become familiar with it. Let us know what you did and how you went. Good Luck. :)

One good tip I like to give people is;
When you start not understanding what is going on and it is becoming overwhelming (both mentally & physically), the trick is to NOT TRY and interpret/understand it as this is your 'sober' mind trying to make sense of the LSD. I find kicking back, taking a deep breath and letting my mind follow the path it is trying to go on its own really takes off any 'bad trip' effects. Also, this generally leads to a very enjoyable experiance as well ;)

You'll know what I mean if you're taking a highish dose. But low doses are quite easy to handle. :)
Have an amazing time

*EDIT*
Very important question!!! What type of Blotter are you taking???

First of all, don't worry about it. You'll be right.

My first acid experience was as you describe, at a friend's house with one other person present who wasn't tripping and hadn't done it before. I was basically alone and I was completely fine. It was awesome.

Acid is not scary. Acid is the best drug there is.

As long as you're comfortable in your friends and your environment you'll have a fucking blast. To that end, I highly recommend taking a whole tab, rather than a half. I know that might be considered irresponsible here, but fuck that. Your first encounter with a drug should teach you a bit about it so that later on you can be more comfortable with it, and be better at tripsitting yourself. Take the whole tab and have a great time staring at the carpet. You have the perfect opportunity, a great setting and what seems like the perfect mindset. So go for it.

I agree with satricion completely. Acid is not scary at all at reasonable doses in a good environment, you will laugh ur arse off and have a ball. Take the whole tab, i took half of a decent tab my first time and it was a real waste, as did my mate. You are reasonably experienced with other drugs you're not going to wig out or anything like that.

Other than that just id just say that preperation is the key to a good trip, as decision making and linear thinking arent going to be your strong points mid-trip. Something to do, pre-selected music, transport if required, nothing fancy. I like a few drinks on the come-up if im with friends or whatever, just cause its something you are used to doing and relaxing. Nothing to worry about man you'll have a great time. peace

My first acid trip was a triangle (sold as an e) i was allready verry drunk so the trip went any way it wanted and becouse i was pissed i dident even know what i was doin till 4 - 5 hours later whan i snaped out of it like it never happened, wird shit but i had the best time ever better than i would on md**. so i say just eat it and follow the ride:)

Acid is the best. As someone who used to trip very regularly in the past (when I lived in the US and UK, don't have a source here or I would some more), I cannot recommend it more highly. There is, however, one huge stipulation:
Surround yourself with people, things, music, situations, that you like, that you know like you, and that you are comfortable with. The only time I have ever had a bad trip was when I was around someone I was not comfortable with. That's when paranoia has a chance to set in.

You are profoundly susceptible to mood changes, so if you find yourself starting to wig out even just a little, play some music you really love and let yourself listen to it completely. She'll be right :)

Have an awesome time!

go the half - you have the rest of your life to take full tabs (or more). Take it easy on your first time and appreciate the subtle nature of acid at that type of dosage. Even at half-a-tab you'll have heaps of fun and i am sure you'll see heaps.

what type are you taking

one thing and i've seen it heaps of time, some time acid can take a while to come on. Don't think that its failed, even if your hitting 2hrs (i've seen people wait that long), it'll come. Just don't take a 2nd hit, whatever happens.

Thanks for your advice everyone, there are some great suggestions there. All the conversation has been quite reassuring.
I am yet to get the tab and haven't spoken to any of my dealers about it so I have no idea what I will be getting at this stage. I have looked at the LSD going around thread and I like the sound of the Dilberts and most that has been mentioned on there sounds good. I will be going in halves - its all a matter of what I can get hooked up with so I'll see. If anyone can recommend what is good then thats great but as an acid virgin I don't need a fuck load mics so something not so strong won't matter. Unfortunately where i am living at the moment (bendigo- country vic) acid is a bit of a rarity so beggers can't be choosers.
I will post a trip report when it happens. Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement.
Peace bluelighters

Re: NO EXPERIENCED TRIPSITTER! trying acid for the first time. Advice?

psy_taco said:
I am very well read on LSD and have spent alot of time reading up on it on erowid- but constantly it is said that it is paramount that i have a trip sitter with experience with LSD. I am very experienced with pot and have had a reasonable number of experiences with MDMA and MDA (low to high doses), methamphetamines, diazapam, some opiates (including oxycodone and morphine) and ritalin - so I think I can handle a low dose of LSD.
Anyway are there any experienced LSD users who think that I should go ahead with this and what advice can they give me (keeping in mind I am well versed in the importance of set and setting and the basics like that)
Chhers guys:)

Just be prepared, acid is NOTHING like any of the above.

GO WITH IT, just keep telling yourself that if it gets rough.

I can't handle tripping anymore, but I used to take lots of microdots and pyramids years back.

Whats the quality of acid like these days? , the stuff I used to take in the 80s was crazy it was so strong. You'd never ever think of taking a second one.

My first ever trip was one whole Dilbert and it was awesome.

Just make sure you have plenty to do...being alone in your brain on acid isn't usually the best way to go, but as long as you have music, something to draw with, and a pot of boiling water you'll be fine.

I dont know about tripping by yourself.
I dont' think anything will go wrong, but its a hellova lot more fun doing it with a few other people........... atleast then your not the only one rolling on the floor with laughter.

remember, its not a short journey like mdma, everytime ive done it, it goes on for a good 10hours so make sure you have plenty of spare time. And i find it pretty hard to sleep afterwards, no matter how drained and how many KM's we have walked.

SERIOUSLY, do NOT redose...... i made that mistake my first time.
was having a ball for a few hours, thought... WOW this is great, lets up the ante. BIG BIG BIG mistake.

erba said:

SERIOUSLY, do NOT redose...... i made that mistake my first time.
was having a ball for a few hours, thought... WOW this is great, lets up the ante. BIG BIG BIG mistake.

It certainly keeps you in a bad spot for a LONG time if you take 2

IV ing LSD is also pretty scarey, peaking in 5 seconds :(

its a shame your mate isnt going to be tripping with you, in my opinion there is nothing better than having a trip with a good friend and laughing your ass off for hours on end.
my advice would be to have it in a nice relaxed environment, surround yourself with all your favourite music and sit back and enjoy, you will have a blast!
i am jealous , i wish i could have my first trip again, one of the best times of my life

I'm by no means an experienced tripper, but here's a few observations from my first time:

*Make sure you are well rested beforehand... the first time I took lsd, I found that it was when body tiredness started to kick in, that I felt some negative/darker thoughts creeping round the edges, cos my mind was still on overdrive. I had a microdot my first time and really hadn't slept enough the previous night. We also took it fairly late (midnight). It was mindblowing, but by 6am, I just wanted it to be over.

*Weed will intensify your trip - I think this also contributed to some of the negativity I experienced. As Cowboy Mac said... it's a good idea just to take lsd on its own to start out.

*Being summer, you prob wont need to worry about the temperature too much, but I found that the cold detracted from my first trip too. So do have warm clothes on hand just in case

*Sour gummy worms and salt & vinegar chips are very fun tripping foods!

Have fun =D

I suppose it depends on how prone you are to paranoid or nervous thought whilst sober, I don't suffer from paranoia, but I do second guess everything, and I find this reflective in my trips, there is no avoiding negative thought/headspace, no matter how hard you try, and the lack of a tripsitter may cause you to fear, since you have no connection to a sober reality. I also find this the case in my tripping friends who also second guess constantly.

I personally would wait for a tripsitter, knowing the unpredictability of LSD, but I can only say that in hindsight. If something does go wrong, you will need somebody who understands, not just a sober person telling you you're okay.