Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nausea and 5htp - Need help

Jaff

Bluelighter
I've been promoting the use of 5htp to friends for the last year or so. Over this time we have come to understand that by misusing 5htp, we find ourselves a little on the queasy side. But I have a friend who seems to not be able to get away from this nauseous feeling. This is an e-mail I received from her this morning.
"I did everything right this time. 3/4 E Sat nite. Short-duration peak (less than one hour) with mild eye wobbles. In bed by 4am, good night's sleep. Next evening, had decent sized dinner and half 5htp cap (50mg). Within one hour, severe nausea...I give up!..."
Any ideas guys?
Thanks
smile.gif
Jaff
------------------
Can somebody Please slap/tickle me balls?

Just a few suggestions, nothing concrete tho...
Has she tried taking them on an empty stomach? ...That's what it actually says to do on the bottle... Don't know if that would help tho... I get slight nausea for about 30mins if I have a 200mg dose, but nothing from 50mg...
Apparently some formulas are more unsettling then others too... perhaps she could try a different brand?
And perhaps she could take it right before she goes to bed for the night so that she's asleep before the nausea hits...

...ooooh...somewhere deep in my memory I remember reading something on 5htp causing nausea if taken in too large a quantity... I shall search and be back...
..found something... but it relates to 300mg dosages....but says if taken regularly the nausea subsides.. maybe your friend just has a delicate tum tums!
wink.gif
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psychology/health_psychology/5htp_myth.htm
[This message has been edited by rockee (edited 27 February 2001).]

If I take 200mg b4 I go to bed at night for pre-loading I always have a slightly upset/acidic stomach the next morning. Doesn't seem to affect me when I post-load but this is probably due to the fact that my stomach is weirded out from all the other chems that have gone into it
wink.gif

Serotonin is an appetite regulator too and taking 5htp can suppress your appetite. I guess your friend is more sensitive to it.

try having 500mg before bed then eating anything more than a pea for the next 24 hours
wink.gif

I just mix the contents of the capsule with orange juice and it seems to go down just fine...

Thanks for your help guys.
smile.gif

------------------
Can somebody Please slap/tickle me balls?

hey well i took two roles royces which said on dance safe was mdma and everyone has liked them but me and girl bith took four caps of 5-htp before we rolled, about thirty minutes, and every time one of those tabs hit me it was out of control strong and made me puke, and i will puke every now and then but always only for the first tab, never evry time i take one, others besides me and girl had tehm too and none got sick, had to be the 5-htp, made us really sick.

hey well i took two roles royces which said on dance safe was mdma and everyone has liked them but me and girl bith took four caps of 5-htp before we rolled, about thirty minutes, and every time one of those tabs hit me it was out of control strong and made me puke, and i will puke every now and then but always only for the first tab, never evry time i take one, others besides me and girl had tehm too and none got sick, had to be the 5-htp, made us really sick.

ok, seeing that we're on the topic of 5htp, i was wondering what is everyones ideal pre/post load, i know theres prolly a thread sumwhere with all these, if sumone can direct me towards it itd be great...

Someone once too mentioned the purity of the 5htp. i.e. jarrows sell it 99% and dun bother with other vitamins and other stuff.
On the other hand iherb also carries another brand that is combined with vitamin B and C.

any1 from AUSTRALIA pref syd know where to get this stuff from?
very much apreciated
bitch aka just_say_no on pillreport..

only place u cn get 5htp is online
I think most BLers get theirs from www.iherb.com
don't order more than 3 bottles or you'll have to pay like an exrta $100 to customs as it's more than a personal amt.
wink.gif

The pre- and post- load lists are in the "everybody please read" thread but there's no search button so I'm not quite sure how you can get to it...mods?
hope this helps...

Links to the Everyone Read FAQ, and answers to many of the questions you've always wanted to ask but were afraid to, are included in **NEW!!*: Posting Guidelines and FAQ and will hopefully soon be appearing in a fixed announcement at the top of our forum.
Cheers, BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.