Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SYD :: 12.02.05 :: Transmission Red Alert :: *REVIEWS* UNSW Roundhouse

Donny Don't

Bluelighter
SYD :: 12.02.05 :: Transmission Red Alert :: UNSW Roundhouse

Well here we go again, another Transmission event to roll off the production line. Once again it's at the Roundhouse like the white party between the questionable hours of 2pm-2am. Since moving away from a tried and true formula of having it in the main arena of the states sports centre i feel this event is dying. Let's hope that an afternoon/evening of Anthems and Cosmic Gate headlining will revive my enthusiasm.

Event Details

Transmission Red Alert - 12.02.2005
The UNSW
Anzac Parade, Kensington (opposite NIDA)
2pm - 2am
**Afterparty details below**

Line-up ***NEW SET TIMES***

RoundHouse
12 - 1pm Cameron O'Shea vs Scott Richardson
1 - 2pm Matrix vs Shadower
2 - 3pm Flipside vs Chester
3 - 4pm Jumping Jack vs Stama
4 - 6pm A*S*Y*S* (Germany)
6 - 7pm Yoshi vs John Ferris
7 - 9pm Cosmic Gate (Germany)
9 - 11pm DJ Walt (Holland)

11 - 12mid Nervous vs Steve Hill
12 - 2am DJ Wag (Germany)

Goonz Garden
3 - 4pm Sam Young
4 - 5:30pm Rev Dr Grooveshoes & The Sound Hussler aka The Kut Kartel
5:30 - 6:30pm Dave Slade
6:30 - 7:30pm Tom Piper
7:30 - 9pm Ajax
9 - 10pm pH
10 - 11pm The Jackal
11 - 12mid Klaus "Heavyweight" Hill
MC Losty on the mic all night 6pm - 12mid

TopMission
4 - 5pm E-Mass (everything)
5 - 6pm Dazzla (house)
6 - 7pm XDream (trance)
7 - 8pm Jeremy (house)
8 - 9pm Shash (trance)
9 - 10pm Frisky (house)
10 - 11pm DJ Stoker (trance)
11 - 12:30am Quest (everything)
12:30 - 2am DJ Dexi (everything)

THIS IS STRICTLY AN ADULTS ONLY EVENT (+18 ).

Afterparty to Transmission
195a Oxford Street, Bondi Junction. FREE buses to the afterparty. Featuring Dave Joy (Drizzly Records, Switzerland), Nervous and loads, loads more. Tickets are only available with Transmission Ticket purchases for $20 in advance, $30 on the door.

Last edited:
hrmmm I am considering going to this If i have the time off work, I'll definatly be there.

Other wise I wont be, If placed a no-party ban on myself this year.

^You too? Bloody hell, are we all going soft? 8(

I'm definately going to this, then I'm taking a break from raves unfortunately. I won't be able to afford many once uni starts so I don't know when the next one after this is.

What's the go with DJ Wag? I mean is he Yakooza or YOMC or just whoever he feels like being on the day?

Thinking about going to this, haven't been to a transmission since the last one at the state sports centre.
Donny, Dj wag is his main dj name, YOMC and Yakooza are names he using when he produces or remixs songs I think.

meh - I don't think the states sport centre is up to snuff anymore so maybe the UNSW will be cool - didn't go to the last one there - I'm kinda growing out of trance but I might give it a go. bet you're sorry you're reading this. meh

I think the State Sports Centre is a perfect venue. I don't have a bad word to say against it (and i mean the main arena, not the training arena where they had the last one). The Roundhouse isn't bad, but licencing laws mean they have to adhere to those crazy hours...which makes me wonder why they're having it there...

By all reports the Transmission White Party made good use of the venue, and the day-night thing seems to be picking up speed in Sydney.
I'm really tempted to go to this one. Cosmic Gate for three hours... Goddamn.

I agree ... in my eyes the state sports centre main arena is the perfect venue, big enough to stage the awesome production that Transmission use to stand for, yet small and intimate enough to still feel cosy. With the exception of the DJ's, I have been quite disappointed since their departure from the sports centre, in particular with the black party. It would seem logical that a promoter start off on a smaller scale and go bigger, they seem to be going backwards.

*sigh* these pictures are what I think of when I think of Transmission, something I haven't seen since last May :(

2004052942.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

[/End Rant]

^
Yeah those parties are some of the best i've been to. The one where dumonde played (feb 2003) was probably my best night out ever.

If i wasn't on the door list for this one i probably wouldn't go. But as it stands Cosmic Gate will still play an awesome set....i know enough of their tracks and they're all anthems in their own right.

NEW SET TIMES

From the website. There's been a change of plans. I will update the initial post with the updated playing times.

NEW SET TIMES:

Transmission have been inundated with e-mails regarding the upcoming Red Alert Event. There were conflicting set times with international DJ's. We want to create an event where the punters are happy and as a result we have shifted all internationals and locals into ONE MAIN ROOM. To accommodate the huge line-up, we have had to extend the event to a massive 14 hour musical marathon from midday to 2am. Due to this change there are less than 1200 tix remaining for this event. Production, lighting and lasers will be out of this world and bought to you by Chromatic and they also ensured us that the main arena will be dark throughout the whole event.

*BUMP*

Just over a week away now, and i'm starting to get a little excited :)

I've been listening to my collection of cosmic gate tracks and every one is an anthem in it's own right :)

Well, got put on the door cos I had no money for a ticket.
But I still dont really have money for travel and drinks, and um stuff.
So I'm torn. Plus I dont really have anyone to go with. Dont think I'll enjoy even half as much without my crew so..
I'll say yes for now. I guess it wont cost me anything if I leave aerly anyway.

-Later

hahahaha W00000t. Scored myself a free ticket for this just today, thank fuck for DJ mates who know ppl ;P

So I'll be in like flynn mu'fuckers!! :D:D:D:D:D

Oddly this is the first rave I will ever go to, so goodbye rave cherry :p

Peace Out

^^^ Compared to somethin like Utopia or even worse Fantasia, Transmission is hardly a rave by comparison.

Better to have your Cherry poped by this than by driving 40 mins to some field in Mona Vale and rocking up to an old shed, housing the most colorful bunch of dummy suckin' misfits you've ever seen. 8( 8( 8(

Waiting for this new track, "Red Alert" by Nervous n Wag.

-Later

Eh. I aint too fussed if it aint a huge event, I'm just there mainly to meet john ferris and catch cosmic gate again.