Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ask Doctor Shulgin!

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
Alexander Shulgin, Ph.D., goes online to answer questions!
http://www.alchemind.org/shulgin/
CALIFORNIA – Stating that the Government has abdicated its responsibility to provide unbiased and accurate drug education and is
thereby increasing the individual and social harms that may be associated with drug use, a nonprofit organization focused on “cognitive liberty” has unveiled a new online service aimed at providing real drug
education.
A project of the Alchemind Society: The International Association for Cognitive Liberty, ASK DR. SHULGIN ONLINE allows any person with Internet access to ask word-famous chemist and writer Alexander Shulgin,
Ph.D. a question regarding psychoactive drugs such as mescaline, LSD, and MDMA (Ecstasy).
For years, those seeking accurate information about psychoactive plants and substances have had few places to turn for reliable information. “In waging its War on Drugs, the U.S. Government has engaged in a dangerous ‘Just Say No’ propaganda campaign under the banner of ‘drug education,’
says Richard Glen Boire, an attorney and director of the nonprofit Alchemind Society. “Given that drugs like MDMA (Ecstasy) are used for a variety of personal, epistemological, spiritual and therapeutic purposes in spite of the government’s prohibition, ASK DR. SHULGIN ONLINE aims to provide reliable information that might well save someone’s life and
which, at the very least, will shine some light into an area that has long been the victim of an information blackout,” said Boire.
Shulgin, who has been termed the “Godfather of MDMA,” is a legend in the world of psychedelics and cognitive enhancing substances. In addition to creating over 200 novel psychoactive substances and testing them on himself prior to 1986 (when a federal law made much of his work
illegal), Dr. Shulgin with his wife Ann have authored the books PIHKAL and TIHKAL. The books mix narratives of the Shulgins’ psychoactive drug experiences with detailed laboratory notes. But many people have wished
that they had some way of contacting Dr. Shulgin to ask specific questions such as:
· In your opinion is MDMA (Ecstasy) neurotoxic?
· Can LSD really cause “flashbacks?”
· Can using GHB recreationally result in a coma?
· How is MDMA (Ecstasy) different from a legal drug like Prozac?
Consulting a book like PIHKAL or TIHKAL is helpful, but at some point, for some questions, you wish you could just ask the author.
Now you can.
How It Works: Asking a question is free, easy, and private.
Simply visit ASK DR. SHULGIN ONLINE at: http://www.alchemind.org/shulgin/
Read the current question and answer, browse the archive, or ask your own question using a simple online form.
ABOUT THE ALCHEMIND SOCIETY
The Alchemind Society: The International Association for Cognitive Liberty, is an international nonprofit association, which seeks to foster cognitive liberty; the right of each individual to think independently, to use the full spectrum of his or her mind, and to engage in multiple modes of thought and alternative states of consciousness.
Contact Information:
Wrye Sententia
Alchemind Society
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 1-530-298-5001
Fax: 1-530-750-7912
Web site: www.alchemind.org
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

This is an amazing opportunity to make use of a wealth of information and experience collected by Dr. Shulgin. I have a thousand questions I'd love to ask... great find JB.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

but lets hope people use more energy finding their own answers before asking the fine doctor than happens 'round here.
otherwise I fear for his server/bandwidth/time/sanity....

I suggest joining the mailing list of answers.... hey i'm lazy and wont be looking up the site each day. But really there could be some interesting info come out of this.

This site deserves mainstream attention. Factual evidence with only a small tempering of opinion. The best thing about Shulgins articles/books, is that it is really easy for me to disect the facts from opinion.