• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: ABCnews 15 Feb 01: XTC relieves Parkinson's symptoms?

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Both Channel 10 and Channel 2 showed the same story on TV this morning, from ABC news, about a (British?) man who has self-treated his Parkinson's Disease (PD) symptoms with ecstasy tablets.
An ex-stuntman, this man looked very unsteady in his 'normal' condition, experiencing serious PD tremors. Then apparently he takes "ecstasy" pills and is virtually 'healthy' again for about 4 hours, after which he regains his PD symptoms and occasional depression (no wonder, both MDMA come-down and also returning to PD tremors would be very depressing).
Apparently this treatment has been corroborated with placebo trials, and PD researchers are looking into the effect. This may only work for one particular person, or it may be a temporary relief from PD for many people. It's unsure as yet, but PD researchers will not (at this stage) utilise MDMA in clinical studies due to the side effects experienced. They are not recommending other PD patients try this method.
However, PD researchers will begin to investigate alternative chemicals which have an effect on the seratonin system to discern whether they have a similar effect. (MDMA analogues anyone?).
I find a certain irony in the linking of speed/cocaine to PD due to their effects on the dopamine system, and the linking of MDMA to temporarily alleviating PD symptoms.
As soon as I can find corroborating news stories online, or in papers, I'll give references.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

(PS: Thanks to Mona for pointing out this story! XX).
------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

*looks at mdma* is there anything you cant do?
smile.gif
*hugs mdma*
------------------
When asking for cream charges, be ready for the patented nang smirk™ from the sales attendant.

yeah i saw that this morning on ten news ..
and it was kinda interesting ..
the guy affected by parkinsons was considerably better with motor skills / coordination .. he was an ex-gymnast and when using the ecstacy he could somersault / do gymnastics (to a certain extent) again ..
he said that using the drug was a temporary escape from the debilitation of his disease.

Now this would be a good challenge to the DEA's classification of MDMA as schedule one... Unfortunate that the PD researchers don't wanna give it a shot, understandable since its illegal ain't it?
wink.gif

Gimme some of those MDMA analogues tho, I'll be your test subject
wink.gif

WOW!
have just seen this story on SBS news...if you get the chance watch the 9.30 bulletin. looked like this report was done by the bbc. you have to see this guy and the difference E makes to him.
I have no doubts this bloke will become a bit of a legend, in both the ecstacy and PD circles. Amazing courage!!!
A little saddenning to hear that official researchers say they won't be pursuing this line of study because of the danger of the drug. Yet MDMA isn't as harmful short term as a lot of trialed substances and remedies while the long term effects are still undocumented. The official line is certainly one taken for political rather than medical reasons. Expect a flurry of unofficial research
wink.gif

Try and catch this story.
smile.gif
proud to be a Pom
smile.gif

thinks i have all of a sudden been diagnosed with parkinson's desease
quick someone give me a pill so i can bring myself back to normall for a few hours
smile.gif

------------------
'just wait until this song is finished then i'll go :)'

lol did anyone read what it said on the guy's shirt?
"Try it brother....It will serve u well"
thinks this guy is a dealer in disguise hehe
------------------
'just wait until this song is finished then i'll go :)'

Cowboy Mac, oh you are Soooo wrong...
*looks at MDMA* "Awww...isn't there ANYTHING you can't do?? YEAH!! YOu can't fucking have sex on it i tell you!!"
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Sure signs of a sexually deprived bird here.
-goosey stomps off holding ermmm ermmmm, nevermind-

Good to see that the media has progressed from "the agony of ecstasy" to '"ecstasy relieving the agony of parkinson's" .
They did say that e could be degenerating the rest of his brain but other than that it warmed my heart to see such a [begrudgingly] positive news story.
So much for mdma having "no therapeutic or medical uses".
smile.gif