Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer Dogs At Happy Valley

mona

Bluelight Crew
Anyone going to Happy Valley, be careful!!
they've got cops with sniffer dogs at the check in point, apparently all cars and belongings are getting sniffed.
so stick 'em in your undies people..
In The Mix article
I for one think this is a big step towards the Americanisation of our country's bid in the Drug War..
frown.gif
Zero tolerance sucks.
if ive put this in the wrong spot.. sorry! i just wasnt sure where this would fit?!?

cops are fuct
media is fuct
like soma said
they want to prevent the death from last year
i wonder if the dogs can sniff pma
for fucks sake
zero tolerance sucked
(sorry soma i share your opinion lol)
ps. i want that vinyl still lol
email me
hehehe
------------------
the secret to success is clean underwear and a good top hat

Has anyone emailed the event organisers about their, and everyone else's concerns? Maybe the possible consequences to them as the promoters also?
This was supposedly happening at a recent Perth outdoors, off in the bush festival. I emailed the promoters and they cleared everything up.
Whether there were plans to have dogs there or not, once they found out the concerns of the people, an perhaps more importantly that many, many people were considering not going due to police pressure (and their tickets sales were much lower than expected) they told us 'everything will be fine' and the extent of intrusion ended up at "do you have any alcohol in your bag mayte?"
Seemingly very much toned down from original plans. (In a previous email they told me - as one point - security would be searching bags and big jackets on entry.)
The promoters are the only ones that can talk to and reason with the coppers. Maybe someone needs to show them why they should? They may have already tried, but they may lack the right motivation...
P.S. I don't know anything about the promoters of Happy Valley. They may well have done all they can to protect the privacy of everyone and to keep everyone's car upholstery slober free

well, this is what today's Sun Herald had to say about the goings-on at unHappy Valley
we got in contact with the pro***ers, but for various reasons were unable to pill test at this event.

From the Herald-Sun article:
"The public use of illicit drugs will not be tolerated," Superintendent Feszczuk said.
I understood his words, but the message was lost whilst I tried to comprehend his surname...
BT
wink.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

i would have thought that pill testing & other harm reduction tactics would have been a better way to avoid the events of last year. obviously, as an 'enlighten' organiser, i'm biased!
wink.gif

but the low turnout at happy valley has maybe shown them that this is *not* the way to go about reducing risk of drug-related harm at their events, altho no people = no harm! hehehe
more seriously tho, what if someone got dodgy pills thru the gate, took them and then needed medical attention? they would be afraid to seek attn for fear of police reprisal, and they *could* have had a repeat of last year.
i know big promoters are now routinely working w/ police (like hardware does here). i only hope there will come a time when they work w/ police to grant temporary amnesty to allow pill testing and information distribution, and treat the drug issues in a more realistic and pragmatic way.
surely the complete failure of the zero tolerance war on drugs has been recognised by promoters, if not police?

Iam just happy that i live where i do-NO zero tollerance tactics at parties-free to come and go-good medics and security and hopefuly soon a harm reduction stall
biggrin.gif
-and the police leave us alone.
------------------
*I've tried most drugs but, Ecstasy would have to rate as being the sweetest of them all*

From the latest article:
...78 arrests for drug offences.
The haul included 175 ecstasy tablets, 12 grams of heroin, 477 grams of cannabis, eight grams of ecstasy powder and 53 grams of speed.
This just makes me sick to the stomach... I really feel for those people whose lives are possibly getting turned upside down just because they wanted to have some fun.
I will certainly be taking steps to make sure that this cannot happen to me... I also avoid parties where the organisers work with the cops in this way... but I guess they probably get pressured.
What will happen now is that everyone will take them before they leave home, then drive all fucked up and we will have more people crashing their cars on the way to raves.
Grrr...

It was no use putting it down your undies, dogs were sniffing people too...

Can a dog smell 1 or 2 E's in a baggie in your undies?
A dog would bark pretty loudly at the smell of some peoples crotches...
wink.gif

Sorry 'bout that...
smile.gif
but seriously, can they smell that small amount, or are they sniffing for dope only?
------------------
"My wish is not to mean everything to everyone but to mean something to someone."

the cops seem to have wanted to blow all chance of the organizers working with them. Maybe because it's an election year and they've all gotta be tuff on crime. .
wonder if that's gonna be official policy for all the big doofs now. obviously they prefer the drunken fighting events.
Pleonastic: doubt the dogs could smell one pill in foil in your undies (and we'd best be careful, or this could turn into another 'plugging' thread!
smile.gif
)
Anybody who posts on the boards get busted for pills by dogs sniffing them?
[This message has been edited by Psychout (edited 14 February 2001).]

I wouldn't think that the dogs could be very effective in open air. They're mostly used indoors.
But if it's not very windy, I'd guess at a 3m range.
There is the cruelty issue too.
I know the dogs are trained enough to be around heaps of (possibly crazy) people, but if it's hot... that's not nice for the doggies.
If it's a windy day... with the amount of drugs scattered around the area, the dogs wouldn't be very effective, I think they'd just get confused and stressed.

the dogs noses arent what get you busted. it's the look of terror on your face when the doggy sniffs you that alerts the cop to the ten pack in your undies. remember that the handler is trained to watch your reaction, as well as the dogs. and that very few dogs can actually smell amphetamines etc. all dogs however can smell dope, and if you have smoked dope in those clothes, even a fewmonths earlier, doggy will know. even if some guy at a club smoked a joint nextto you,mr dog can probably tellyou which side of the hill is was planted on.

Just wondering: Is it true that to train the sniffer dogs to sniff out a drug they have to give the dog the drug to the point of addiction? [someone just told me this- I just wanted to know how true it is bcos obviously dogs can sniff out things they're not addicted to, like ppl]
Pretty cruel if it is true, tho. And since you can't be physically addicted to mdma it wouldn't work on the dogs...which leads me to wonder what a dog on e would be like.... but I digress, I'm off to do a search and see if I can't find out for myself...
smile.gif

2 good places to hide it is in a coffee jar WITH coffee in it, or in a dirty sock. And I mean stinky. This second one worked for us. No problems all weekend, and we carried in our socks too.

Nope as far as I know doggies are trained to actually enjoy sniffing out drugs. It is sort of like a game to them. They start out by giving the dog a scent, and then the dog has to try and find that scent and when it does the owner rewards them. Kind of like hide and seek, the dogs think its all a game with their master. And how would they get a dog addicted to marijuana anyway, Pal Puppy Hash cookies
smile.gif
?

Found this at www.policek9.com
"NARCOTIC DOG CONCERNS
Stimulants are one area of concern for drug detection dogs. Amphetamines, LSD, Cocaine and Marijuana are all potentially hazardous for the dog. Most narcotics dogs are trained with an aggressive find. During such a search the dog can quite easily come in contact with the object of his search, and death can be swift if any of the product is ingested or is infused via the skin"
which confirms my suspicions that my leg has successfully been pulled once again.

"...and death can be swift if any of the product is ingested or is infused via the skin"
if the dog eats some marijuana it will die? puleaze....
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh