• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

If you are there for the music why take drugs?

Loco

Bluelighter
I was interested to read a few threads about why people pop pills, how often and what other drugs are consumed as part of their weekly/monthly/yearly/lifetime package.
One comment I read in particular got me thinking. Someone said (sorry I can't remember who it was), "The drugs only come in at the bigger events or when it's a special occasion!"
So this got me thinking about my own situation. Give me a regular Friday/Saturday night in the club and I'm usually consuming 1-2 pills and a point. The chems always turn what would normally be a run of the mill night into something worth while.
On the contrast, I've found that each big event I've attended I've gone loaded up with pills and speed and not felt the need to take anything. The event itself was fun enough to make me happy.
Now I'm sure we've all heard someone say, "I'm here for the music, atmosphere and vibe and NOT for the drugs". So I'd have to say I'm a bit of both.
However I'm interested in hearing opposite experiences to mine. So to my fellow BL's who take pills occasionally at big events or on special occasions, why it is you choose these times to drop and not just your average weekend? Can anyone else relate to my experience?
Cheers

One word for you:
TOLERANCE
Well for me thats the case. Week in week out of popping just gets boring and tiresome cos you really need more and more just to get a peak. Thats why people usually leave popping to the big events. Moderation is the key here if you want to the full e experience everytime you pop.

I have to agree with RollinAlong about the tolerance bit. I try to leave the pill poping to events and special occasions to make a night I know that is going to be a very good, into an extremely good night. but yeah, I tried poping pills every weekend for awhile and it started to get boring after a few weeks.

That used to be me (the opposite to you Loco), taking pills around once a month, or twice every 3 months only on special occasions or when all my friends decided to head out to Teriyaki or somewhere...
Back then I'd take the drugs because it was a good opportunity to do so. It makes the experience a whole lot more enjoyable in most cases. I enjoyed the music as much then as I do now, and didn't need drugs to enjoy myself, but because I wasn't comsuming so often it was considered a special occasion whenever the opportunity arose. It would be a special occasion because I was taking drugs... these days I've got much easier access, and have no problem with going out without a big group of people like I used to...
I've always said the drugs are just an accessory, and that's what they were then, they made a night more enjoyable, but were not the focus of the night... These days I can quite easily go out without the aid of drugs, and sometimes find myself having more fun without drugs (sometimes, but not often... mmmm good drugs
wink.gif
)
There are two main reasons why I can go out straight without missing the drugs these days...
1) I don't want to subject myself to larger doses of MDMA (erm, meaning that I don't want to risk causing too much damage to my brain by taking pill after pill when one should work...), so when I do take a pill, unless its a really good one it doesn't have the same effect as it used to (good ol' tolerance), so sometimes I just don't bother...
2) My setting (music, people, the general atmosphere) is enough to allow me to enjoy myself quite thouroughly. I've had enough drugs to be able to replicate the feelings a small dose will invoke...
So tolerance is part of it, but so is experience...
I also have a lot more opportunities to go out these days, plenty of good DJ's/live acts, some of my friends now starting to DJ, heaps of bluelighters going out all the time, so special occasions are easier to come by
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 04 February 2001).]

ive sort of changed my theory regarding myself with pills.. ive only ever dropped at large events, which i thought was logical.. but since i goto these events because of the djs playing and the fact i want to experience them, i doubt ill be dropping at any more large events.. i dont want to waste $50 on a ticket and $100 on drugs and not remember the djs sets.. started last night at elektrik and loved it.. can remember the djs sets and was there till close still goin strong..
so i think in the future if i ever drop its going to be on a "normal" club night where i wont care if i miss out on the music for the social aspect..

Funny, after re hearing the Carl COx set from BDO in Sydney on the radio I wished I had of been straight when I heard it originally, you miss too much with the right stuff.This never occured to me years ago?

I'm with you Pom, after my EC experience, I get back, friends are asking me about this dj and that dj and I genuinely cannot remember, I'm pretty sure I was there at the time, I just don't know??!!
On NYE I remember attepting to mission to see tristan, I was so confused then I g'd out at some strangers car, I can see the humour in it but it also freaked me out. Anyway, I notice that the times when I appreciate the drugs the most are when I am at places like sublime, a regular crap club night, something special can generally hold its own.
Now I think about it why go to these places that don't really entertain without the aid of drugs....... something for me to think about anyway.

sometimes ppl drop to help them feel more comfortable, the same way ppl who drink, or ppl who chuff do when going out. Its a big scarey world out there sometimes!!!
=======================================
"You hear the music.you feel the vibe. Its all really nice.You feel comfortable.
Pulling your hand out of your pocket, you have a small,clear bag.Inside this bag is a small, round key. Swallowing this key,you see a door slowly appear, floating infront of you.Behind this door you can see the music.
As the key unlocks the door, you step through and into the lights,the sounds.You can feel it all as it floods through you, around you, from you.
YOU ARE THE MUSIC !!!!"
========================================
Me?I too am there part for the music, this is one reason why I take drugs.
smile.gif

sometimes ppl drop to help them feel more comfortable, the same way ppl who drink, or ppl who chuff do when going out. Its a big scarey world out there sometimes!!!
=======================================
"You hear the music.you feel the vibe. Its all really nice.You feel comfortable.
Pulling your hand out of your pocket, you have a small,clear bag.Inside this bag is a small, round key. Swallowing this key,you see a door slowly appear, floating infront of you.Behind this door you can see the music.
As the key unlocks the door, you step through and into the lights,the sounds.You can feel it all as it floods through you, around you, from you.
YOU ARE THE MUSIC !!!!"
========================================
Me?I too am there part for the music, this is one reason why I take drugs.
smile.gif