Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Problems with Pillreports

Luko

Bluelighter
Just wondering if anyone has noticed that pillreports.com has gotten into really bad shape lately. There are probably more posts from dealers trying to talk their drugs up and other peoples down, than objective reports. Originally the site was aimed at harm minimisation, but now with so many posts hiding a malicious agenda, I think it potentially could do more harm than good.
Anyway, not to have a gripe without trying to do something positive, I just wanted to know:
[*]What do you look for on the site to identify a "dealer post"?
[*]Is it time for a redesign?
[*]Should moderators delete obviously bogus posts??
[*]Should it be split into a "reports" and "requests" section?
[*]What things would you incorporate to try and prevent bogus posts etc??
[/list]
Just hoping to get a bit of brainstorming going on and I'm also interested to see if anyone else has noticed this ovee the past say.. 6 weeks or so.

Damn straight...I have a few ideas:
* Pleeeeeeeeeeease don't tell your DD or ANY DD about this site!! I know it's too late and obviously a lot of DDs already know about this site, but don't spread the word any further! I have never been disappointed by my current DD and I think he's a decent guy, but I would never tell him about this site. All it takes is for him to let slip to someone above him, who's just received a dodgy batch, and well...
* I think people should have to post at least 5 reports or so before they get published (not including '0' ratings, which everyone should know about). This will discourage the one-off fake reports that we are seeing, and encourage more long-term users
* Get to know names whose reports you can trust. Not to single people out, but I always have faith in reports from people like Cowboy Mac, Motoman, NV Freak etc who know what they're talking about and uphold the standard of pillreports.com
* I agree that obviously stupid reports (ie where people have asked for back-ups or further explanations and the person never responds again) should be deleted. Speaking of deletions, what's the point of having the reports go back so far? There's 45-odd pages right now on the pillreports.com page...surely no one has a pill in their possession from 2 years ago?!?
So, those are my humble offerings, guys. Let's put the 'report' back in 'pillreports.com'
------------------
Homer: I hope I didn't brain my damage!

oh oh this is me.
*puts on Aus etc al moderator hat for pillreports*
  • Yes there are a few bad things about pillreports. Many people recognise this and its recent (well, couple of months ago) spate of badness resulted in some coding done by the Powers That Be (all turn to the east and bow), to implement some moderation ability. This enables us, the moderators to do things like - delete/edit reports. eg bogus reports that are not a pillreport, re-rating something from a 10 to a 1 if this user reports an orange reaction to the E testers. It allows us to delete comments by a user, delete a whole pillreport and associated comments, delete/ban/disables users (kind of useless when you can just go create a new user, you don't have a profile that everyone can see), view user's past pillreports and comments.
  • It is important to remember when reading/using pillreports that its primary focus is harm reduction, not 'oh my god this was the most insane bikkie of all time'. Every now and then a dodgy pill turns up which has been causing grief to the userbase, I get more of a glow to see that reported rather than seeing that there is a new batch of Green CU's just hit. (now that was tough to write)
  • The other major useful thing which can occur is what is known as 'peer review'. This is where the comments functionality kicks in. It quickly becomes apparent when dealers come in and try to talk up their stash when all of a sudden 4 people write 'what rubbish, I tested this and it came up orange'. When coming across fairly blatent dodgy reports I tend to take a bit of a 'hands off approach', rather than cut deep into the wound using the scaple of moderation, I rather sit back and take a more 'hands off' approach and gently massage pillreports into a happier existance. For all I know there may indeed be a new batch of whatever about, I am certainly no mecca of information about what is in the street. 'Less is more' is the motto of moderation for me, there is no use overwielding(is that really a word? it is for tonight) moderator powers because that just pisses people off.
  • Site redesign... *handball*
  • Moderators are already deleting bogus posts. Damnit I'd hope you'd notice they are already not there any more. Well, as soon as we get to them. Can't be on 24x7, sorry!
  • Not telling people about this site is about user preference. I could imagine dealers using this site themselves to see which are the 'good' pills to stock up on. Perhaps also to say, 'hey, these new cK's are in, they test clear, didn't buy but here at least is the test'. I would take a stab in the dark and say that dealers would come across more pills than you or I and perhaps referring them to this site may end up with more reports for all. Of course, the dealer may be an utter arsehole, or has already bought 500 of the most dirty speedbombs in existance. Its your call.
  • Names you can trust is always a hard one. I have the ability to see a users past submission history of pillreports/comments. Unfortunantly at this time searching of pillreports is not in a very good state. It would be extremely nice to be able to see a person's 'profile' screen for instance (like in Bluelight) to see at least how many comments or reports the user has posted. We are getting an amazing amount of firstime users at the momoment. Perhaps something to be posted in 'Commments for Webmaster' forum. Along with a 'contact' link for each forum.
  • Its not very often I delete something. As for the 'asked for qualification/back-ups and no response' senario is a bit of a toughie. I, again, use the 'less is more' approach and tend to leave such things be. The user may of come on, left the report in good faith and then gone interstate. Who knows? I don't. I would hate to delete 1 legit report than delete 5 bogus ones.
  • Requests for info etc are gently told about Bluelight.nu. This has come up a number of times in that its not quite obvious enough that pillreports is the spanky young daughter of Bluelight. A posting guideline may be in order as well. (see comment on site redesign)
  • One thing I am ramping up and wielding my 1447 moderation powers is the comments section. I tend to use the theme of 'how is this adding to the harm reduction aspect of the site', when deciding which comments to cull. Half the time is obvious, eg 'I heard Carl Cox was amazing, did he play hard house like his CD'? *snip*. or. 'You are a fuckhead, your sister blew me last night when I gave her a line for her time, thank god she was better at it than your mother' *snip*. I'm deleting a fair amount of troll/flame fests. sigh. When I was a boy, maturity beyond your years was something sought after (trail off into something about the depression...)
  • Not sure why the past reports go back so far - perhaps its easier than to cull them. Is this really a problem? If so, why?(2000 words)
Hope this helps and massages those synapses.
Soma.