Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

1,4 B on Ten News

grug

Bluelighter
Last night ten news ran a small story about 1,4 butadianol, and a couple of people who have been taken to hospital because of it's use. Are 1,4 B tabs or powder illegal to have /import in Australia?
grug

It was also on JJJ this morning.
Anyone else noticing how much drug news has been on the tv/radio/papers recently.
Seems like a day doesn't go by
cc
------------------
What goes around comes around.
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.

Yeah I've noticed heaps at the moment, I think its just a slow news day.

Did they release any info as to what form the 1,4 was in when ingested by these people?

It was stuff that came in packets, called 1,4 B.. It's legally sold in NZ...
grug

This stuff from NZ
can u get it sent over without any hassles?
What exactly is it (liquid/capsule or what?)
is there a more common street name for this?
I feel real stupid but I want some more info on this stuff.

the new zealand conpany has been busted. all their records have been seized. if you ever bought stuff from them the authorities (in nz and aus) know about it.
sorry but i just heard this from a very reliable source. i will post more details once i know them.

this is the email i received. certain bits have been deleted as per Bluelight rules, but most of you should know who we are talking about...
Hi,
As you are probably aware NZ heath Authorities are investigating 1,4
Butanediol after being sold for human consumption as 1,4B.
As a result of this investigation and supplying 1,4 Butanediol to the makers
of 1,4B our stock has being seized along with all our transaction records.
So be warned if you have made a recent purchase of [deleted brand name] especially a
larger one it is possible you are being investiagted by NZ MOH and police as
well.
We regret this invasion of privacy but due to warrants etc its being beyond our control.
The action of MOH and police is questionable as the warrant involved quoting the some obscure "food act" and [brand name deleted] it a non consumable as such. We were unable to contact our laywer this afternoon and wanted to be seen as "cooperating" with MOH in order to resolve things more quickly. We hope to have more information in the next few days.
WE NEED YOUR HELP -
If you have used 1,4 Butanediol before be it from us(in the days when we did sell it as a supplement - [more names deleted], etc ..etc..)or another source for "human consumption"(either in NZ or overseas). NOW !!! is the time to have your say. Also if you have used 1,4 Butanediol as a solvent and which to continue your supply - we need to here from you also.
1,4 Butanediol is LEGAL and NOT RESTRICTED - you will not be prosecuted etc..or come under close scrutinity beyond a few simple questions at most from the MOH who need genuine opinions in order to make assessments about its future uses in NZ.
So you can email us your name and address or some form of testimony to help PETITION the government from banning something that has such universal uses.
A few references is all we need to make people take notice...just two minutes of email time can change the future for years. Personally(having used 1,4 BDO) I feel very few are about to spoil it for alot of others if you the CONSUMER doesnt have your say - this is not jokes, things can and will change quickly if we dont stand up and be counted.
Thanks in advance - you help is appreciated.
Later days,
Jxxx Mxxxx
Director of [deleted] NZ
i'm sure if you do want to join the "petition" then you know where to email..

What does this mean for people who may have ordered 1-4 from this company recently?
Will it be seized by customs? If so will money be returned?

your guess is as good as mine. everything i know is written above. if i learn more i will of course share it....

chances of your money coming back are slim
customs is not going to repay you, the police aren't going to repay you, and im doubtful the company will repay you either, after being busted..

There was a splurge of activity over here in NZ with one4b over the past few weeks.
Here are A Couple Of Articles From www.stuff.co.nz.
Big interest in feel-good drug
30 JANUARY 2001
Despite Health Ministry warnings that One4b could kill, dozens of Waikato people have e-mailed the drug's distributor wanting to buy it.
Thousands of packets of One4b, a legal substance promoted as a "safe" alternative to illegal drugs, have been recalled after four people overdosed on the product.
One4b creates feelings of euphoria, but if too much is taken the user can slip into a coma.
Four people in the past four days have been admitted for several hours to Auckland Hospital after taking the drug. Medical experts fear someone will die from One4b and the Health Ministry has issued a public warning urging people not to take the drug.
The ministry ordered distributor Outerspace to withdraw the drug from sale.
The product has not been sold in the Waikato, but distributor Mark Barlow, from Outerspace, said that since the drug hit the news he had received dozens of e-mails from Waikato people asking where they could buy it.
It was the sort of promotion the product needed and he hoped it wouldgo back on the market soon.
Auckland Hospital staff were told the latest victim took several sachets of the drug on Sunday night.
The man, 20, was flown to hospital from Piha beach, West Auckland, in a coma. He was discharged from hospital yesterday.
One4b is a legal version of the banned drug Fantasy, also known as GHB, or liquid ecstasy.
It has been sold via distributors in Auckland and through the internet for several weeks at $20 for 15ml.
Mr Barlow said he had handed all his stock to the ministry and had recalled the remaining product from his distributors.
One4b contains butanediol which can produce a euphoric effect if taken in large doses. It works by stimulating the pituitary gland to release a growth hormone. Mr Barlow said the drug was safe if used properly and could be extremely beneficial.
Hamilton police Senior Sergeant John Kelly said he was not aware of any sales of the drug in the city or any problems from its use.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
400 One4b sachets sold in Capital before recall
30 JANUARY 2001
By ANTONY PALTRIDGE, HEALTH REPORTER
Up to 400 sachets of the new party drug One4b were sold in Wellington until the Ministry of Health ordered the Auckland supplier to recall them.
Four people have needed hospital treatment in Auckland after taking the drug, prompting the Ministry to order a recall and begin an investigation into possible breaches of the Food Act and Medicines Act.
One4b contains 1,4 butanediol, which is also found in GHB or Fantasy, and can cause dangerously low breathing rates, unconsciousness, vomiting, seizure and death.
The effects are magnified if taken with alcohol or other drugs.
Mark Barlow, of Auckland supplier Outerspace, said today about 8000 sachets of One4b had been produced of which about 1000 had been sent to three or four distributors in Wellington, of which about 300-400 had been sold.
Mr Barlow declined to name his Wellington distributors.
One4b, marketed as a recreational dietary supplement, was not sold through stores.
Mr Barlow said One4b was sold through an 0800 number listed on its Internet site.
Orders could not be placed over the Internet site due to technical difficulties.
Mr Barlow said he was co-operating with the Ministry's investigation and about 1000 sachets had been returned so far.
But he still believed One4b was safe so long as the directions were followed and it was not taken with other drugs.
Information that suggested it was unsafe had come from the United States' Federal Drug Administration which was using "pharmacetical industry propaganda," he said.
"The only deaths attributed to GHB were when someone consumed enough of something else to kill them or when they wrapped a car around a powerpole."
A spokesperson for Capital and Coast Health said today no cases of One4b had been reported at Wellington Hospital.
Wellington Medical Officer of Health, Stephen Palmer, said today he had received no reports of anyone being poisoned by the drug.
People who want to safely dispose of the substance can hand it in to health protection officers with Hutt Valley Health's regional public health service.
Director-General of Health, Karen Poutasi, said yesterday the Ministry of Health and the police were investigating Outerspace for possible breaches of the Food Act and the Medicines Act.
-=-=-=-===-=-
Also I read sumwhere on STUFF that the owner said you can return the stuff You've purchased and get yr $$$ back.

Yeah, BK, we've read the article, very interesting indeed. I think we'll stick to GBL thanks..
smile.gif

I can't remember who on BL said this (so i can't credit the quote) but it went something like this...
GBL is like drinking a top shelf scotch
1,4 B is like drinking metho and orange juice
We would reccommend that everyone who uses 1,4 B on a regular basis read this article!
------------------
brisvegas gotta love it
Do you believe it when you see it, or do you see it when you believe it?

Bump!!!
bk: great article.
Everyone read this.... ther are TOO many people guzzling this stuff without know what it does exactly. (i admit to having it, but now i know what it does, ill be more careful for sure.)
Take care
Maxi