Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA vs. MDEA

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
ok now ive wanted to start this thread for a while now and finally have gotten around to it. apparently from what i can gather from pillreports etc, a lot of people think there is mdea in a large % or typical black testing pills. im not saying this is true/untrue as it is impossible to tell for sure without better testing methods.
however i think a lot of people who get smacked on their arses on good mdma will think its mdea because they cant dance for that period of time; mdma does not make you dance. also people underestimate placebo, environment, physiological health, and mental health. mdea seems to be a lot of peoples favorite scapegoat when the drugs dont work well enough or when they have a shit night. anyone else care to comment?
smile.gif

------------------
When asking for cream chargers, be ready for the patented nang smirk™ from the sales attendant.
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 26 January 2001).]

Good Call - however what I don't quite understand is that how does everybody know the difference between the types of MDXX, when 99.9999% of us can only compare the effects from word of mouth
How many pillers have had the chance to C test their pills to know exactly the ingrediant and thus have 'real' knowledge of the substance to be able to say "Shit Yeah! They're packed with kickin MDEA!"
We don't have the knowledge so we don't know the stuff, sure we know they exist but how the hell does some charlie of the street rightfully know the real effects and the real difference between the types. As you say Cowboy, placebo, set and settings plays so much in the effects and with this possible variation in effects on the same substance how can we come to a conclusion?
Ecstacy is a generic word for sure - I take me pills and say "Faaaark! Yeah - that eccie rocked! and leave it at that cause I'll only kid myself if I play the chemist and conclude on my analysis.......

i'd guess that a small % of pills that test black contain mdea.. overseas tests show that most "good" pills actually contain mdma, a small % contain mdea..
its always been thought of over here in perth that we get the shit end of the stick in regards to pills, everyone complains they are always "smacky" hence full of mdea.. i just think we're too picky..
i always thought the smacky vs. dancey debate was a mindset.. if you go into a pill wanting to dance heaps then you will.. that was until pete tong @ globe here in perth.. i took a pill in two halves (20min inbetween, i was impatient), once the first half kicked in i was loving it, running around everywhere dancing etc.. but once the second half kicked in i could hardly move.. in a good way.. i spent the whole night sat down, and believe me i wanted to dance :p

I completely agree, people are far too quick to point the finger at mdea when a pill puts them on their ass.
As we know, very few pills test mdea, even if we got a few more than the U.S. it still means we probably only get 10% mdea, if that.
My personal opinion is that set and setting make a large difference, as does the strength of the pill. Some pills simply have alot of mdma, 100+ mgs of mdma will "smack out" most people, doesn't mean it's mdea.
As the previous poster stated, I just try to enjoy the pill, and leave the conjecture of what type of md** out of it, in my opinion you can dance on any pill, it's just a question of will power, or something hehhe

I second that.
Dancsafe have not tested a str8 MDEA pill in close to a year.
I think another factor is the cleanliness of the pill. Perhaps pills made with poorly produced MDMA will feel more like that "S" word and be dubbed eve.
Another thing i think people do way too much is suggest pills contain several active ingredients. It may be true for orange testing wastes of time, but this whole MDXX notion, that is combos of several methlyenedioxy-X-amphetamine drugs i dont feel is likely. Or at least as likely as the amount of times people suggest it is.
HQs are prob the only MDXX pill that i have come across which clearly contains most likely MDMA and something bizarre. Whether is was MDA or PCP or something else, hopefully we will get to find out one day.

I've had a pill that i confidently believe was mdea. It wasn't very strong but had a strong stoning effect and my legs were absolute jelly. I've also been smacked out a good dose of mdma. In my opinion it's a very different feeling being smacked out on mdea than on mdma.

hmmm... i found myself just today attempting to "blame" (not sure if thats the right word...) MDEA for the "smackyness" of a pill.
so for those of us that are not as experienced in telling the difference between being jelly-legged on MDMA as opposed to MDEA, can some of you experienced people share your wisdom with us? i know i'd appreciate it
smile.gif

BigfootDragon.

comboy and all...
you have to realise that from texts and stuff
MDEA is said to be not LOVED UP as such.
check shulgin (pihkal)
...so they say.
our never ending quest into determining exactly what every pill contains will go on.
maybe we should adopt dutch policy where an individual can take a pill into a police station in holland and get the EXACT contents verified to them.
we can only wish.
peace.
------------------
You know the drill,
Slam down that pill!

A few months back i had a Grey Heart (in perth) and it didnt do shit for a good 45 mins almost an hour, i was thinking "bunk". i was sittin down in rise, and i looked up at the roof, then i looked down and BANG! i was utterly fucked. more fucked than i have ever been, i couldnt stand and really didnt want to, i just sat ther with the dopiest look and grinned away the whole nite. i reckon that was MDEA. dealer tried saying it was smack based. i larfed.
------------------
Whats ya name?
What ya had?
Reach for the lasers.
Safe as fuck.
>:p

Darkian, sounds like the effects of mdma, you wouldn't have had a big dopey grin if something else IMO.
I think when the drugged out physical effects are obviously stronger than the feelgood mental/psychological brain pleasure rush effects, then that's probably not mdma. Environment does come into it, but for example, when you're eyelids feel like they want to close as if you've had a sleeping pill, that is different from lots of mdma dopey eyes8P
They might look similar to an observer, but it definitely feels like a different drug...
Now as for what mdea feels like, even though I've had lots over many years, I wouldn't know the difference (for sure) between mdea and really badly made, dirty mdma... could you? Even if it is technically mdma, how wrong could they make it?

hi,
The best way to tell between the MDxx is to get a chromo tester which can tell you which chemicals are in the pill.
MDEA will come on faster, around 25 mins ish and will be less loved up and shorter lasting. It will also give you CEV.
MDA will be slower to come up, speedier and trippier but will not really make you feel like dancing, this will also give you CEV.
MDMA is easier to tell when you have had pure because it should feel cleaner on the body and if the dose is right would be a perfect mix of loved upness and danciness.
BUT it is always difficult to tell between them because a lot of pills have a mix of all three in and other MDxx chemicals plus a whole array of different speeds and other chemicals that bastard producers chuck in.
My advice for anyone taking pills would be to get a chromo tester, they are hard to get and use but you do get closer to what is actually in the pill. Hope this helps.