Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: SMH 7 Jan 01: Ecstasy tests head for Sydney

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Well done. VERY well done.
Ecstasy tests head for Sydney
Sydney Morning Herald, 7 Jan 2001.
They look like a group of volunteers selling raffle tickets at a school fete. But these people are creating history...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/0101/07/national/national23.html
Recognise anyone you know...?
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Hey!!! I know those guys! ...Hehe, I missed out tho... Don't know if that's really a bad thing
smile.gif

But this is good, bring it on!
biggrin.gif

The news is certain to spark further debate over whether ecstasy is becoming legitimised by stealth.
We can try...
The test kit manufacturers say the kit is legal, so there can be no objection to it being distributed, free, as a harm minimisation strategy.
Who said they're free? Not us, we were selling em... The testing was free, not the kits...
They forgot Brisbane, it's happening up there too...

WOW
Big props to you Br(e)tt and all the Chem Gen crew.
Well done.
Well Done.
BASS OUT
------------------
Dancer, Mid 1978 Model, Located in Melbourne, Well worn in, a few squeeks here and there but maintained to usual standards. No RWC, No Reg, Fuck all Brakes, Bald Tyres, Good Amps, but no overload protection or output filter once turned on, fired up and fed the right stuff. For more info, please call 1800 BASS JUNKY
FEEL THE BASS, let it work you into a frenzy.
"I'm stuck on this island, Gilligan Style"

omigod, is that somas cheesy bulb face in the background? and asymmetry? at least it looks like you
smile.gif
well done guys, i cant believe this has become a reality! wish i could have been there to see it. props to all the people that made this happen, atomica, soma, johnboy, and all others who have assisted. only one prob i have with the article is:
Mr Wilkins set up Australia's first ecstasy testing station at last week's Earthcore five-day youth dance festival in Melbourne.
its not chem gen setting it up, its a totally unrelated harm reduction group called enlighten. i just hope no one thinks this is a scheme for chem gen to sell more testers.
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 09 January 2001).]

brett was misquoted and the journo didnt bother to ask us the real story. it happens. we are going to get a letter to the editor published clearing it up.
but the other 99% is overwhelmingly good.

its says in the article " First testing station in australia "
???
Me & Mrs Samadhi had a Testing station set up at Adventjah Last Year ?

more misquotes. we never said it was the first. we'd already done one at Tranquil Knights, and someone else did one about a year ago... but thats not news... the journo sold the idea of the story to his editor as it being the first, and thats why it got published. the mere fact that it wasn't doesnt come into it.
see we've been trying to get this going for a year now, and it took a "name" like les twentyman for it to become an acceptable issue. unfair but true.
the media will always get things wrong. the trick is in getting them to pay attention to an issue, and then keep at them until enough right things are published.
it's all about media access. and now we are getting it.

In essence, it should have read:
"First testing station in Australia (that the media knew about!)".
Really, they wouldn't want to admit it's been done before and it took them this long to print something about it - it's easier for them to just say it's the 1st, even if it's not..

yup, i wouldnt worry about it. most people think Captain Cook discovered australia...

Congratulations!!
So some of the details are slightly wrong. At least this is positive media coverage!!!
Awareness! Knowledge! Isn't that what we're about?
Well done guys
smile.gif

we were wondering when we were going to hear about the stall.. glad to see it all went well!!! just a quick note, we had the ez test-bluelight stall up here in brisbane,we didnt do testing at the stall but gave out all types of info on harm minimisation.we sold ez test not chem generations,single test bout 4 drops and the larger tests. the small test contained a small white plastic dish,a toothpick and a small plastic vial in a little snap bag.
On the subject of Pill testing...Brisbane, and this might be construed as a sweeping genereralisation, tends to be more paranoid on the whole. People wanted to come up and chat about eztest, but you could see that they didn't really want to be seen even looking at anything that might associate them with MDMA use. As the night progressed (and peoples drugs kicked in!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
) more people came up and chatted...i think the free lollipops had a little to do with it...word gets round quickly!!! As we said in another post, you could really feel both the uniformed and undercover police prescence at the stall. They were certainly keeping a watchful eye.
I think if we consider pill testing up here, we will need to invest in a bloody good lawyer...just in case
PS...we still have bulk lollipops left...anyone interested?
wink.gif

Feedback from anyone at the other Pill testing stalls RE: police and what was said to them regarding legalities of handling illicit substances in a public area would be great. we are going to look at the PTA message board, but any other info would be great.
------------------
when your fun becomes your reality...what do you do for fun???
we are not human beings having a spiritual experience...we are spiritual beings having a human experience...

that's awesome.... really couldn't have hoped for much more that that
smile.gif

Congrats to all those who've made it a reality
smile.gif

Fantastic stuff !
And who could write a bad thing about those smiling faces?
Also heard a quick snippet on 2UE 9Sydney - very conservative radio stn) this morning. Although they went on with totally ignorant facts about XTC they mentioned the stall and it was a pretty possitive view of it !
lol - just realised how cool that station name is ...2UE
smile.gif

------------------
"whats an AXA?"

ahhhh DAmmit...
In my above message i say " Me and Mrs Samadhi *
I ment to say * Mr & mRs samahdi*
hehehe I am a attention Graber arent I..

i had the pleasure of watching an exchange between security services at the event and the two bluelighters (who will remain un-named) manning the stall at the time. security approached with open ears, listened carefully, and walked away completely in the know. isn't it nice when fellow humans communicate so amicably???
tony
smile.gif

p.s. i was trippin balls at the time
wink.gif

OMG, all i can say is wow- and about time too. Respect must go out to those whom have done this before those ppl at earthcore and those whom were conducting the stall mentioned in the article.
Well done guys.
smile.gif

------------------
*I've tried most drugs but, Ecstasy would have to rate as being the sweetest of them all*

*ecstasy tests head for sydney
right, so it's time to get this ball *finally* rolling and get the stall up here, so we can actually say that this rag got their title right!
anyone for summer dreaming? anyone?
smile.gif

Yay!

massive props to yaytima for your work at the stall
icon14.gif
i hope you can get the rest of the sydney crew fired up...

it isnt really a ball anymore yaytima, its more like a massive boulder. *thinks indiana jones and the temple of doom sequence*
smile.gif

Well done to everyone - your undying dedication to the cause is creating history!! I'm so proud of you all!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Well done to Chem Gen, Johnboy, Atomica, Asymmetry, Cowboy Mac and Soma
smile.gif
smile.gif

Yaytima, Finn, Bananafish and the rest of the Sydney crew - Good Luck
smile.gif