Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

recovery ability

post-it

Bluelighter
I have a question about everones ability to return to normality after a big night or weekend. For the last 3 or 4 months I have been playing fairly hard, multiple pills, multiple nights is not unusual. Then come Sunday night I go to bed and wake up feeling fine, and continue on with nothing but good feelings about the weekend I just had. Even Tuesday morning, it was back to work after about 8 hours sleep and 1 meal in 3 days. Woke up feeling a little sorry for myself but was back to normal by lunch time, and resumesd normal sleeping patterns that night.
I thought this was pretty much the way it went - not knowing any different, but after reading and hearing about a lot of peoples recovery or rather lack of it, from NYE/Weekend. I am starting to wonder. I don't do any pre or post loading, my diet is nothing special and I am not particulary fit.
I guess part of the reason I have gotten into this with reckless abandon is that it does not hurt. I am not posting this to gloat, I just want to know if anyone elce reacts like I do??

I've never really had any problems with recovering from a night out, but I hardly ever do multiple nights or multiple pills... However the weekend before NYE involved 4 parties, one after the other, but only a total of 2 pills... I was still fine afterwards after getting some sleep after the last night, but I most certainly wouldn't do that often...
Don't let yourself be misled by the lack of seedyness and run-down feelings... You are definately doing harm even if you don't feel it. There's the off chance that you're a lucky freak and you can pop as many pills as you want without suffering harm, but do you think it's worth the risk? ...the consequences if you're wrong could be quite painful...

Wow, your lucky. Even if I have 1 pill it takes me a good 3 days to get back to normal. I have terrible comedowns, but in a way thats ok, because it means I only roll about once a month. Therefore I know I'm not over-doing it.

ive only pilled three times..
first two times were on yonnex's, around a month apart.. no comedown from either pill, and i was left with a floaty feeling for the next few days, with a bit of depression for the next two.. which was all gone by the following weekend..
this last time i took two pink ?'s on new years eve.. suffered a comedown for around 3-4hours the next morning.. around 8am-midday.. after that i got progressivly better through the day.. on the tuesday i was mainly just tired from only sleeping on monday night.. and wednesday and today i have been fine..

i spose this is appropriate since i've only just managed to face the world since sunday. i think i over did it because i've never had a comedown this long and intense. crying, banging heads on walls, screaming because it's so fucked up . . . the stuff nightmares are made of.
on a night of just meth, come down consists of being scattered the next day and burnt out the day after that, then i'm fine.
on pills though it's bad, tears, fears, frustration for hours, and then just depressed, weak, robbbed, for about days.
the last few months it's been pills and meth, so comedowns have been fucked. this one has been the worst i've ever had. in that i'm questioning myself and that's not good.
i think the comedowns getting worse is a combination of an increase in substances and an increase in the negative effects of regular use.
either way it's not good.
another thing is i don't smoke weed, so it's twice as evil. especially seeing every one crash and i'm just freaking.
i've always had the worst and longest comedowns out of everyone i know. i stopped taking pills at one point just because the comedowns were so horrible.
but you know how it is . . .
------------------
"That which fulfills me . . . destroys me"
[This message has been edited by Abby (edited 04 January 2001).]

well, hmm. my experience:
i think i tend to have badish (damn good english) comedowns, 1 pill has fucked me up rather badly for 3 days before, and meth gives me a headfuck for at least 4 everytime.
but, this sounds weird, i find them necessary. ok, i wish they werent quite so bad, but i find they help me to keep my drug use in perspective, stop me from having too much, and generally enforce some respect for my body and brain.
i look back on a weekend, and i have wonderful memories, but i also have the balancing factor of knowing that it messed me up for couple of days and remembering how that felt. call me a masochist, but i like having that balance.
i am not quite sure how different my behaviour would be if i didnt have to suffer a little for a good time
smile.gif

sorry, just my $0.02

Re the comedowns issue (could this be one of the most-talked-about topics on BL?!) - I think I must be one of those freaks that just doesn't seem to get a comedown. Really though, it depends who you're with and what you're doing at the time, and the damage is probably being done irrespective of whether or not you feel bad the day after.
Example, on NYE I didn't really overdo it as much as my friends, was a bit of a pill-pig at one stage (a tulip and 1/2 an *original* turbo mitsi in the space of an hour) but the next day i was fine, slept for 3 hours, and that night, although we didn't eat anymore, I was fine also. The next day, apart from sore feet bcos my shoes are worn out, it was like I hadn't been out at all. Most of my friends get very ratty, can't focus on a conversation, I guess all the signs of a stereotypical "comedown". This is probably a bad thing because I know I can go out for a big night and eg. go do normal people stuff the next day, no problem, whereas this comedown acts as a natural handbrake for most people and reminds them that they shouldn't be doing it every week.
Abby: if all your friends green out and go to sleep, don't hang around them on your own in total silence. Either find some straight friends that won't judge you for taking pills, and hang out with them, or if you can, get some sleep yourself. Often I find hanging out with straight friends is good - other people coming down just makes yours worse, and you can at least have a normal conversation and have a normal person on hand to judge yourself by if you do this. If you can't sleep, try and re-organise your night so your start out on speed/meth and finish on MDMA - despite what people will tell you, most people can sleep on it. Also try drinking orange juice or eating fresh fruit, but I guess that's obvious. Have you tried pre & post loading?
Anyway I'm the same, I've never really had a "bad" comedown before and thus find it pretty hard to understand what happens to people who do. I guess it's just lucky huh.

I used to be able to recover by Monday morning ready for work. Never used to eat much bit I felt fine.
Then NY2K happened. 6 pills and a gram of speed made for the longest, worst comedown ever. A week of crying every day and feeling so hopeless about my life and really depressed. I resigned from my job that week and it was the week I booked my overseas trip.
Ever since then, my comedowns have been fucked. Everytime I take pills now, even though I always eat really healthy and take lots of vitamins, I always get sick. Colds, flu etc. The depression isn't as bad but my body can't cope anymore.
*sigh* One great night and it's fucked me up for life. Was it worth it? Absolutely
smile.gif

one of the funny things i remember about nye, someone asked me how i deal with comedowns, and i answered, "i live through them". not quite the answer he expected, but i'm with pulse in that it helps me keep things in perspective, the whole ying and yang thing. i need the comedown to let me know that the good times are not achieved totally without cost. i'm still in that dreamy state four days after nye, however, that being said, this is the easiest comedown i've had in a while.

i've had very few bad comedowns. The only problem with comedowns i have is off acid which i haven't touched in a year anyway! I don't freak about comedowns, i just deal with them. Put on some good tunes, get comfortable and relax. Othertimes i find it helpful to get out and get a good dose of reality, go on a picnic, go shopping or go driving.
I think that if my bad comedowns outweighed the good times of the night before then i think i would have to consider giving it all up. Then again i'm a control freak and the moment i lose control of the drug is when i have a bad comedown. It's like i lose sight of myself and my ability to deal with comedowns goes down the drain.
For me comedowns can be even more fun than the night before.

1. drop only good-verified-tested pills
2. eat well, drink well
3. drop in good company
smile.gif

4. htp, multi vits a must
5. take time to chill out and relax
6. get some sleep, even a couple of hrs btwn parties.
------------------

eat me! eat me! eat me! eat me!..hehehe :)