• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why Its Good to have a good lawyer!

fantastic find. i might write a summary of the important parts if ayone has trouble following it...
and if you dont mind doc i'll neaten up the link... (oops you beat me to it)
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 04 January 2001).]

hahahahaha.. justice served..
smile.gif

good call, justice for the indivdual. makes a nice change really
smile.gif

thanks for that doc.

That was awesome. Just goes to show how convoluted both the law and the way lawyers and judges express it, really is!
This bit in particular had me tittering in appreciation:
"In my view, the mere risk that a person in a stationary bus might go back to sleep whilst in the presence of paramedics is not an exigency of sufficient gravity to fall within the scope of any common law power of the kind upon which the Crown relied."
How did you happen upon this case record, DoC?
-Vinyl

*Laughs all the way to the law library*
Ah well, don't thank a good lawyer entirely, thank good circumstances and some common sense judging. It isn't all good like that though. For the one that gets away, nine others cop it.
The power of Austlii.

i really have to add:
what sort of fucking loser almost OD's on valium while carrying pills on public transport?
yes he got off, and from what i consider to be a non-crime, possession of drugs. and yes the cops were in the wrong.
but he is an idiot...
certain precautions have to be taken if we are to stay safe. never forget for a moment that what you have in your hand, wallet, backpack, is evidence that could send you to jail.

If I ever had in my possesion more pills than could be considered for "personal use", there is no way that I would be on anything! This guy was lucky...
------------------
"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."
[This message has been edited by Pleonastic (edited 05 January 2001).]

I know the person in question and he is damn lucky.
------------------
*its better to roll up hill then down*
[This message has been edited by Mr giggles* (edited 05 January 2001).]

hmmm.....I was taking temazepam as sleeping pills while I was travelling.
A couple of times I was on a train or in a plane asleep with a couple of mdma pills in my bag ready for my next destination.
And I was in the states.
Didn't even consider that anything like this could happen.
Shit.
Mind you, I never took more than one sleeping pill. And I was always awake when the train/plane arrived at it's destination. And I never had enough pills on me to be accused of traffiking. But the point is that sometimes we do things like this without even thinking of the consequences.
[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 05 January 2001).]

it's the same principle as we keep trying to get across here at Bluelight:
know yourself and know your drugs.
know your drugs is less relevant in this case. 10mg Valium is going to contain 10mg. it's not like you have to look them up on pillreports.com.
by know yourself i mean know how your body will react to drugs. some people take one tamazepan and are out like a light for a day. others wash down a handful with some scotch and sleep soundly but wake up the moment someone touches them.
everyone is different and the only way to find out is to experiment BUT this should always be done in a safe environment.
so there's two posibilities:
1. He hadn't taken sedatives like this before hand and chose an insanely risky place to try them for the first time, ie public transport while carrying pills.
2. He knew how he would react to them and did it anyway, probably with a couple of beers.
either way he made a mistake. to err is human. his only saving grace was that the cops made a mistake too.
just be careful people, is all i ask...

A summary would be appreciated yes
smile.gif

HQ + K = me need summary if I'm to comprehend that much anytime in the next few days.
smile.gif