Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Your Body Mass Index and Raving

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
ok now i would like to know peoples Body Mass Index (BMI) as it takes into account height and weight. the way to work it out is:
Weight in kilograms ÷ [Height in meters]^2
Underweight BMI less than 18.5
Overweight BMI of 25.0 to 29.9
Obese BMI of 30.0 or more
eg. (me) 55 / 1.78*1.78 = 17.35
or use this calculator to do it for you
smile.gif
does anyone weigh themselves before a party and after a party, or watch how much they put on when they have a few weeks break? now i range from 53kg atm (which is the lowest i think ive been for a very long time) to around 57 - 58kg. when i have a break i can put it on and maintain the weight but when i go out it is all undone. this doesnt worry me greatly but i was curious if other people had any similar worry? apart from eating better/more is there a good way to put on weight? most of the stuff on the web about BMI is aimed at obese people.
go to this link to learn a little more.
update: ok now its a few days after the party, im 55 now, so when i was 53 it must have been a lot of water. lets hope i can stack some on
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 04 January 2001).]

i usually weight around 54-55kg.. i hate being skinny, but it means its cheaper for me to have a good time
wink.gif

after sci fi i weighed 53kg.. after delirious i only lost 1kg tho.. which is weird because i danced a lot more at delirious..
i guess larger people would see much more of a difference?

Just remember that this is only a guide, there are a lot of factors that can influence your body mass. Muscle is denser than fat, you may have heavy bones (not likely if you take lots of speed though).
I am around 63-64kg at the moment, but am only about 159cm (possibly less, ages since I checked that). Makes me pretty short (wonder if any of you are guessing who I am now
smile.gif
), but a big part of that is due to a spine curvature that I was born with. I would be about 4 or 5 cm taller otherwise.
I have a little more fat around my middle than I would like, but not so much as for it to be a problem health wise (more self asteem and looks wise
smile.gif
).
So 63/(1.59^2) = 24.9
Not too bad.

My BMI is 23
I usually weigh between 1-2 kg lighter after a party and pretty much go straight back to normal about a week laterz
------------------
<sHe WhO KnoWs NoT WhAt ShE DuZz!>

BMI = 17.8
Skinny, tall and not much else. I have to gain twenty kilos to have a BMI of 25. Ah, well, i've known i'm underweight for ages.

I always rekon i've lost at least 5 kilo's when I get back from a night out!! When I see my self in the mirror just before that 7:30 am pre bed shower, I look way skinnier, but it could be my drug fucked head just seeing things!!
My BMI is 25.4, but I rekon the equation might get a big screwed up when you are 207 cms tall!
It's great being tall, but toture finding cool shoes in size 17!!
------------------
BOYAKASHA!!!
[This message has been edited by funkyfella (edited 03 January 2001).]

Nice thread Mac, I'm really interested in putting on some more weight too, but eating heaps of food has never helped...
Here's an idea tho...
I was shopping on Greville St once and got talking to one of the shop assistants in Revival. She said that she used to be as skinny as me, and never could put on any weight no matter what she ate. After trying a few different things, she eventually got in contact with a naturopath who put her on a specific diet. Not to eat a lot of food, but to eat certain types... I once went to a dietitian (sp?) who told me to eat lots of carbohydrates and dairy products, as well as lots of fruit and vegetables and the whole range of food you would normally eat... I did that for about 6 months and gained about 4 kilos... Umm, not really worth it...
I havn't yet tried a naturopath, mostly because it's hard enough getting any food, let alone specific amounts and specfic types... I'll give it a try someday, but it is at least another possibility, and something which has worked for someone else...
Oh yeah, my stats:
Height = 182cm
Weight = 55kg
BMI = 16.6
*sigh* Don't think anyone's gonna be lower than that...
frown.gif

Also, my weight doesn't change much at all even after a hard night out, up or down one or two kilos is about it... When you don't have any fat you've got nothing to lose eh?!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 04 January 2001).]

The solution, as handed down from generation to generation of lipid worshippers is ... deep fried mayonnaise.

bt, is this deep fried mayo legal? can i buy it online?
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 04 January 2001).]

hehe tarsalan.. i didnt think anyone would have an index lower than me..
height : 1.79m
weight : 54
bmi : 16.9
weight is slowly going up.. was 53 - 53.5 a few months ago..

well i am feeling very very worried after reading all of these skinny peoples stories...
i suppose i dont go to raves alot maybe 1 a month or i every 2 months.. i weigh 70kgs.. and im 170cms tall.. ive always thought i was tall and hated it.. i dont think im overweight and i have people commment i have a great body all the time..
my problem is that my bmi doesnt look good....at all
frown.gif
i hope i dont have anything to worry about! any other people out there that arent skinny ravers but just look normal? not meaning to offend..
i just hope that i am normal... when i go to an event i usually take 1-2 pills and im off my nut for the whole day/night.
Please explain
smile.gif
nah seriously tell me if this is ok?

I have lost about 6kg in the last 4 months, but I have been skinnier before. If I can stay here I will be happy.
BMI of 21.68 so I figure Im in pretty good shape.

Beware these types of formulas........they can be the root of many body image problems.......a simple 'this divided by that' type of formula gives very silly results. My BMI shows just under 28 for example.....now this would place me slightly overweight.......however, I was recently underwater weighed for some exercise physiology tests and my body fat percentage was under %10, which is well under average!!! So just beware to take results of such tests with a pinch of salt.....the last thing we need is MORE people starving themselves coz of BMI test!!
Sorry for the little preach session, its just that as a physed teacher, I have to deal with many cases of severe negative body image......often caused by results of simple body composition tests.
Me = 1.85 cm and 84 kg
------------------
"Drugs work"

Mkay, i'm scared. I wouldn't consider myself obese by any standard, maybe a bit fatter than I want to be, but according to other BMI tests which also include a frame size (small/medium/large) I am only about 5Kg overweight. But with this one I have a BMI of 40.2??? This can't be right. And I suppose only the people taking speed would find a decrease in bodyweight. I personally only like MDMA....so I don't lose weight from raving.

please dont be scared. why would you be? there are too many factors involved in being a healthy individual, so that simplistic formulas like this often cause more harm and worry than good.
who made up this formula anyway? and for what racial group? so many of these "average and correct" formulas are designed by, and for, white people. fuck that. what might be normal for skinny white people is not going to work for islanders.
people are not mathematics.
well i'm just a fat bastard, dont need no formula to work that out...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 06 January 2001).]

Your best guide to whether you are in a healthy weight range would be... your G.P.! Don't rely on a BMI or similar height/weight index which is predicated on an 'average person' to determine your healthiness.
And remember... we can't all be average. Some of us have to be exceptional.
Edit: Oh I just found another thread on this subject: How long iz yers?... oh wait - which mass are we talking about?
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 06 January 2001).]

i didnt start this thread because i wanted to create mass hysteria, all i wanted to do was see if anyone else lost weight after parties and gain a little info. of course going to a gp and doing skin fold tests etc is going to be the best way, but if i said how to do that no one would do it, its not as easy as a javascript calc. anyways if you are worried about your weight, see a doctor, rather than worring about it because i started some thread
smile.gif