• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Big Ice bust

The close up footage of that stuff just did my head in.
I have never seen anything so pure in my life; and when u consider the scale of it, its insane.
They can throw the H in the toilet for all i care, but oh my god, (i am getting all flushed and hot thinking about it); wheres MY ice pack
frown.gif

hey everyone,
now this is the interesting thing. I know in the US, meth is refered to as "ice" but, (mods correct me if i'm wrong) "ice" is a completely different thing to methamphetamine. I know that GOOD meth looks like ice, but it isn't!!! It also shit me to tears when I heard on the news the words ice and methamphetamine in the same sentence. Fucking sensationalistic news reports.
ice is a compound called 4 methylaminorex, if you want to do more reasearch, check out this site.
www.erowid.org/chemicals/4_methyaminorex
it even says in the FAQ, that it is only *technically* possible to make ice from meth/amphetamine!!!!!!!!!
Now, what i'm wondering, is what the hell cam e in to australia...to me it didn't fully look like meth, it was too globular, and stuck together...meth to me has always looked like tiny chunks of clear quartz crystal. Anyway, i could be wrong...does anyone know??????
------------------
when your fun becomes your reality...what do you do for fun???
we are not human beings having a spiritual experience...we are spiritual beings having a human experience...

You could be right there; although the people said they busted amphetamines, ice, as in the aminorex isnt really an amphetamine.
Plus i believe the danger and problems associated with methamphetamine far far outweighs real ice.
Hence if it was the methylaminorex i don't think as big a deal would have been made about it?
who knows

does anyone still take amanda vanstone seriously?
umm, i think any drug, so long as illegal, would cause a sensation. ice is not as common as meth, is more expensive, is harder to make, and is just as illegal as meth.
ice is euphoria (U4Euh), they got that bit correct, but is too often mistakenly lumped together with crystal meth. crystal meth is meth is methampetamine. ice is 4-methylaminorex.
and the purity of "street level amphetamines" all depends on how many hands it has passed through, ie how many times its been cut by dodgey dealers. talk abt putting down 1 thing to sensationalise the other.
argh, i feel like im living groundhog day.

I tend to disagree with saying that ice is less dangerous than meth. You only need 1 MATCH HEAD crystal of ice to get a bullshit charge...compared to meth, which you need a bit more. Now, could you imagine if there was suddenly ice on the street, and uneducated people were treating it like meth or base? Some person eating or injecting a point of what they think is meth, when it is infact ice????? Fuuuuck... I know that it is quite popular in Hawaii, and everyone that i've spoken to from over there, says it is one of the most addictive substances available... I'm pretty sure that what was brought in was ice, people would have to be pretty silly to import meth, since it is being made all the time right here in australia... also, alot of the time, people who think they tried "ice" or have been told that's what it is, have in fact taken meth, as they look similar...which is the dangerous thing. Ice is a totally full on drug...it is like a mixture of cocaine, amphetamine and mdma, all rolled into one, you can imagine why some people might get addicted...s of samadhi has tried ice, and all he says is...ice is too nice...hehe
wink.gif

------------------
we are not human beings having a spiritual experience...we are spiritual beings having a human experience...

Customs officials did say they busted methamphetamine.
I got this from erowid hence y i figured that ice wasnt as big a deal as meth:
"Anecdotally, it is said to help concentration and thinking - a sort of "make-you-smarter" drug, with a minor speed-like component to it. Time of action is around 4-6 hours. Dosage varies but a good start is 20mg for a 150lb individual"
Plus i wouldnt have thought enormous mutli kilogram syntheses of 4-MA would be easy, at least compared to meth.
I personally think pure meth in chunky form has now taken over the slang term of ICE; its annoying but that seems to be the way it is heading.

umm, if u read further into that 4-methylaminorex section in erowid, the experience reports etc, u'll learn more about the effects of 4-methylaminorex, and why its so nice.
smile.gif
too nice.
i would think that precisely bcos 4-methylaminorex is harder to produce especially in such a large quantity, and not many pple actually know how to or have the means to produce it, one of the ways to get it in the market here would be to smuggle it in.
thats just my humble opinion. of cos they could have busted meth, but it just seems kinda pointless to smuggle meth in here.
and i tend to take such media releases with a whole shaker of salt. they dont seem to know what they're talking about, even basic things like getting different drugs mixed up.
[This message has been edited by GhOst (edited 23 December 2000).]

All the more reason for us to try and ensure that we use the correct names for chemicals instead of trying to sound k3wL and looking like idiots. Names such as "ice", "crystal" and hell, even "ecstacy" often do not spell out fully the chemical you're trying to identify. Personally, I don't think the use of pseudonyms for chemicals adds mystique, coolness or credibility to them, or their users, but merely adds to the idea that nobody knows anything about what they're taking. If you want to sound like you have better drugs than someone else, rather than making up a new "street name" so they'll have to ask you what it is and what it does, just use the real chemical name - they won't have heard of it that way either! And, frankly the use of names as trite as "Lucky-7" to describe chemicals as powerful as 2C-T-7 makes me shudder.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
"What they're trying to do with radio, with this, uh, McCarron-Walter Act and a lot of other ways, is start by saying that they're protecting the public from wicked rock bands, or girlie magazines, or whatever. But, if you follow the chain of dominoes that falls down, what they're really trying to do is shut off our access to information itself. If they can't do it by law they know there's other ways to do it."

Ok, in my opinion the stuff seized was crystal meth, it's commonly getting called ice because basically somewhere along the line the names got mixed up. If it was 4-MTA I don't think they'd be saying it was crystal meth, which is what the cops have been saying, I challenge anyone to find evidence of 4-MTA ever being seized.
Why are they importing it? because basically the pre-cursors (pseudo-ephedrine, red phosphorous etc) is much easier to obtain in SE Asia, and as well as that, they already have well organised mass-producing labs pumping out amounts like what was seized. Meth is a major problem in SE Asia, because there is so much of it and it is so cheap, another reason for importing to Australia.
80kgs shows the growing demand for the drug, and the capabilities of SE Asia to supply that kind of volume. What does it all mean for us? reduced cost, and more freely available. Give it another couple of years and we'll be like the USA and Asia, where if it isn't rock meth, it's basically worthless (i.e. street grade wizz will be treated with disdain!). Here's hoping! hehehe

I completely concur goosh.
The pseudo to meth synth is the one which the backyard chemists do with the Red Phos etc; many of these people prob dont know what they r doing; hence y so much meth is considered "dirty".
Mass produced meth, as pure as that stuff was, is prob made similar to MDMA, via P2P (MD-P2P for X) and methylamine; a lot purer product i would imagine and can be scaled up more than the Pseudo/meth route.

I totally agree with BT...if people started using the correct terms for drugs, we'd all be better off. Whenever any of our friends talk about certain substances, the correct chemical name is always used...hence the proper respect to these sometimes powerful drugs is given. This is also the thing...queensland is a HUGE producer of both methamphetamine and amphetamine...hell, just about a month ago, yet another brisbane lab was busted...the yeild, 32kg of rock methamphetamine..
...so really, i can't see why someone would want to smuggle in meth when it is SO readily available in australia. it is common knowledge that queensland and SEAsia are both the largest manufacturers of both meth and ampehetamines in the world... and we also agree with ghost...we believe that it is yet another case of the media's sensationalistic bullshit, trying to scare people...i quote..."a new deadly designer drug, ice, was seized...blah blah blah." i tell all tho, if it was 4-MTA that was bought into the country, only some was seized and the rest turns out on the streets...watch out. We may see more that just a few people getting cracked out. Uneducated dealers and users will treat it like methamphetamine, precisely because of what BT posted, and they will die...no two ways about it...
------------------