Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth vs Speed

Smiley^

Bluelighter
I'm going to try some meth for NYE and I was after some advice or do's and dont's.
Is there much difference in effect between meth and speed ?
Also is there anything else I should be aware of?
I'm planning on only doing a small amount ($25) with a pill. I don't like being smacked out which is why I've decided to try some. Does it give the same effect as speed + ecstasy ??

meth is stronger than speed, but is often dirtier/inconsistent in quality bcos it is easier to make than speed.
which is why it is cheaper, and less gets u more messed up than speed does.
why dont u stick to rock wizz?

I asked the same question, about having pills and meth together and got some good reply's have a look here

why dont u stick to rock wizz?
why dont you just find a reliable source for good quality meth?
personally I prefer meth, and I believe many other people do as well, although some don't - it's all up to taste
yes meth is stronger, and basically differs in the fact that it gives your head a major rush (and even your body), unlike speed, which gives only your body a major rush...
best of all would be ice.

dont meth and speed effect different systems.
i.e speed effects the dopamine system more
where as meth effects the seratonin system (like e) more?
that is why some believe that speed effects a roll, changing its direction (chargyness) where as meth is great in combination and enhances the luved up feeling.
and seeing as meth is stronger i suppose make sure u take less to get a feel for it first.

Nickstar: Meth undoubtedly effects the dopamine system; so much so that u can do anything on this stuff for days on end without thinking twice about it.
It is believed to ALSO effect the serotonin system; although nowhere near as much as MDMA.
But dopamine is its target.

sorry, i just need some clarification here. this has always bugged me but i have never been a big user of amphetamines so i have never bothered investigating it before.
i know that street speed is methamphetamine but it is usually very low in quality - ie. about 20-30%.
i know that crystal methamphetamine is the crystalline form of methamphetamine and is therefore more pure (usually around 70-80%)- is this what 'pure speed' is?
if so, why is everyone talking about 'meth' and 'speed' as if they are different drugs? one is just more pure than the other. and what is the difference between 'rock whizz' and crystal meth or 'pure'.
and on top of that, where does 'ice' fit into the equation? ( i believe it is the freebase smokeable form of methamphetmine ie. as crack is to cocaine, ice is to methamphetamine).
can anyone help me out?

Check out this for info on Speed, meth and ice. As someone said before meth and speed are very closely related and ICE is related too. Just follow the links and read cause there are some pretty decent FAQ's there.

From my own experience ONLY...
Amphetamine - Revs up the body and the mind just has to tagg along for the ride.
Meth Amphetamine - Revs both mind and body. They work in unison. Kinda hard to describe, but Meth is definitely the "Big Brother".
------------------
And the Mission is the Mouse...

this topic has been done to death. when is the search function coming back?
too tired to type everything out, long day its been, but just a few things -
*ice is not meth, or crystal meth. totally different thing. different chemical makeup etc. its on erowid.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/4_methylaminorex/4_methylaminorex_faq.shtml
*ice may be mistakenly called crystal meth. which is wat causes the confusion.
*speed is usually amphetamine, or wizz. rock wizz is wat u can probably get closest to pure. speed base is a sticky paste before rock form.
*meth is methamphetamine. crystal meth is the same thing. meth is smokable. dont hold the fumes in your lungs though. meth is more potent than amph, but messier. sometimes meth is cut and sold as speed <- dodgey.
*ice, altho a different chemical, produces similar effects, but is approx. 3 times the strength of meth (rough gauge). smoked same way as meth. cleaner feeling than meth. and yes, more expensive too. also known as Euphoria (U4Euh).
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php3?ID=2153
boils down to personal preference. im not gonna say which is better than which. my own choice is good old rock amph. pure meth and pure amph are just different. ice is a totally different class altogether.
theres only so much i can type, lots of info on erowid and other links, research, and try each to understand the actual effects on yourself. if u have abit of time to swim around in the Other Drugs forum and its older archives, u could fish out some good info too. or wait for the beloved search function to return.

oh yeh, to answer rikidozan, yes i have a good source for meth. i dont dislike it, hell no! amphetamines, methamphetamines, bring it on.
smile.gif

i prefer amphetamines bcos its generally a safe guide to get it in rock. or base, but thats abit messier to handle.
i like meth but its not my top choice bcos -
1. u can get it pure, but in many cases its difficult to, bcos kitchen chemists do cook it in their bathrooms, inconsistent quality, and no way of telling until u eat/snort/smoke/shoot it unless u watch the cook in the process, or u know the cook really well. lets say u have pretty pure meth, the effect is quite different from that of clean amphetamine. good meth gives u a heady, sometimes heavyish buzz. and if u happen to get low grade or very cut meth... i shudder to think abt it.
2. i usually use amphetamines together with MDMA. amphetamines for the energy. MDMA takes care of my head and the rest happily. i find that the meth head rush (yes, excellent meth) will interfere with MDMA more or less. but thats just me.
3. even for usage on their own, without MDMA, id still rather have amphetamines, bcos i find it a much cleaner experience. and with excellent speed, believe me, your head wont be "tagging along behind". its definitely not just a body rush. maybe its just weird little me, but i do get a sort of clean, happy buzz, which is very different from the meth head rush. kinda less "fucked" feeling.
anyways im not sure if my ramblings made any sense. hope so. merry xmas.
smile.gif

they are quite similar but i do think that meth gives you more of a rush. Meth does have a slighty stronger come down similar to eccies. The disadvantages with both meth and speed is the rush doesnt even come close and doesnt last as long as the eccie rush!
its something that is out of our hands
its something we will never understand

meth is a shit load better than speed.a hell of alot stronger.i usually smoke meth through a glass pipe.u get great speed type rushes.but the comedowns a pretty vicious.if u want to be awake for a few dayz,then this is the drug for u.

meth is a shit load better than speed.a hell of alot stronger.i usually smoke meth through a glass pipe.u get great speed type rushes.but the comedowns a pretty vicious.if u want to be awake for a few dayz,then this is the drug for u.

with excellent speed, believe me, your head wont be "tagging along behind". its definitely not just a body rush. maybe its just weird little me, but i do get a sort of clean, happy buzz, which is very different from the meth head rush. kinda less "fucked" feeling.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean by the more clear headed euphoria that good rock wizz gives. It's kind of reminsicent of the effect Ice gives you in your brain. And I totally agree with you that meth gives your head a more "fucked" feeling. Plus the voices you get after a meth binge are real freaky, so realistic, although a $25 bag wont do it.
But your right, comparing Ice to Meth/Speed is like Oranges and Garlic, or something like that.
"ice is nice"