Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

snorting..is it bad ?

TwoUp

Bluelighter
I was told years ago by a friend who introduced me to pills to NEVER snort MDMA. He wasnt just talking about pills, as I can understand... you never know what is in them. But he specifically said MDMA.
Now I have noticed a few posts about ppl snorting their pills lately, and the above mentioned friend isnt contactable these days.
So I was wondering if anyone can shed light onto whether it is dangerouse to snort MDMA or any ideas as to why I got this warning. And yes, I realise all drugs are dangerous, but is there a specific reason why you shouldnt snort MDMA ... e.g > faster hit to the bloodstream/brain causes yadda yadda yadda ..
Thanx.
------------------
"whats an AXA?"

It burns like a bitch, and is, according to some article that I once read but cannot quote right now, more caustic than speed or coke... which means that snorting on a regular basis could cause damage to the membranes in your nose. People have been known in the past (particularly with high levels of cocaine usage) to erode the septum and other parts of their nose.
That being said, snorting also hits harder and you need less of a drug to achieve a similar effect level... but the duration is almost always less. Due to the higher high per amount of drug used, and the shorter duration of effect, snorting is often said to be a "more addictive" method of taking drugs than for example oral methods.
If you find that the MDMA burns too much after you've snorted it and you're having difficulty swallowing due to the MDMA fumes, take a drink of water, try snorting a drop or two of water up each nostril used to ease the discomfort.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
"What they're trying to do with radio, with this, uh, McCarron-Walter Act and a lot of other ways, is start by saying that they're protecting the public from wicked rock bands, or girlie magazines, or whatever. But, if you follow the chain of dominoes that falls down, what they're really trying to do is shut off our access to information itself. If they can't do it by law they know there's other ways to do it."

just a very general question - is snorting more painful when you're snorting something uncut?

TwoUp, I read in another post somewhere, I think Tars has snorted MDMA, said it wasn't too bad, but I too have heard its not too crash hot
smile.gif

------------------
Are these the breed of wits so wonder'd at? -Loves labour's lost

I have done it before and didn't like it. It tastes like shit and I kept coughing it up, which isn't a good thing, it's a shocking taste...ekkkk! Gives you a bit of a rush for about 1/2 hr on half a pill, but I guess it's what type of pill you have. I snorted a white ferrari. Anyway, don't bother, mdma was put into pills so you eat them, not snort them.

kafren - Yes, generally it is, but not because of any difference in dosage. Usually if you cut your pure chemical with eg. glucose powder, there is more bulk of substance to snort, but the sugary sweetness can help mask the burn and the taste of the drip that ensues.
fataliss - it's more than 'not too bad' ... it's fantastic.
MOTOMAN - snort powder not pills man
smile.gif

I think the prob with snorting MDMA that people over look is that it is not overly cut down ala speed.
Everyone will tell u to cut pure amphetamine 1:4 with gluc etc, whatever; to snort.
Hence if u had 100mg powder u prob should do the same; or at least 1:2 with gluc or something.
U wouldnt snort 100 at once anyway, so cut ait 1:2 then split in 2 or 3.
Another consideration with pills is the binder. I actually said this in the HQ thread; that basically they may use a binder that is fine to swallow; it is being dropped into hydrochloric acid after all, but really not good to snort at all.
There is not any acid up the nose or in the mucous membranes that will adequately dissolve carbonates and other fillers which have a similar chemical makeup to limestone
smile.gif

just in reply to the original name of the post... snorting is never good...
personally if I became "addicted" to speed, I would learn how to IV because this way is far more safer!

Oh yeah, something I'd better tell you guys... When I say something is "not bad" It's usually pretty fucking awesome... Just takes a lot to impress me
wink.gif

But seriously, good powder rules regardless of how you take it... I've only snorted it a couple of times, and it burned like hell for a little, but it was worth it!
Wouldn't do it too often tho, that burning prolly wouldn't be good for the nose...
And as biscuit just pointed out, its unlikely to be cut, so it'd be harsher than snorting speed which has been cut... and it's harsher anyway IMHO
[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 18 December 2000).]

id have to agree with the points here
IT burns, it burns
hurts the membrane in ya nose
unlikely to be cut as speed is
has a filler desnigned for the stomach
and it burns
I tried snorting a pill for the first time this weekend. I only snorted a half. The only reason i did this as i had previously sat on it and squashed it to a fine powder, and thought id give snorting a pill a try. I found it to give a stronger rush than eating does but for a shorter time. and as u would have guessed from above it burned my nose. But i found putting a drop of water of the tip of ya finger and snorting it up helped sooth the burning.

im going to add a little personal experience to this. i burnt my nose membrane a little while ago with speed cut 1:3ish. now it was cut with glucodin and went down sweet as all speed does, but after a few days my nose was a little wrecked and it had sorta scabbed up inside, really small tho, but inside a nostril it felt huge. i couldnt really blow my nose etc cause it hurt too much, took about 2 weeks to fully repair, and someone (props go out to that someone ;p) turned me onto the snorting water afterwards, after your nose has been fucked over with drugs take the time/effort to clean it a little with some water.

the first time i ever snorted (anything) was with mdma powder (pharmaceutical grade) - now i had been warned about how much it would sting/hurt but i found that i wasn't really in any pain at all, more of a discomfort than a full on burn or pain.
however, a couple of weekends ago i snorted a pink/red hq - this stung like a be-atch and i had THE worst nasel drip for ages (my friend and i both agreed it was the worst tasting pill we'd ever tried) - now i don't mind the taste of mdma (i'm always the one licking up the crumbs coz everyone else complains that it tastes bad) but the hq's were not nice!!! i wish i had known the water trick - would have really helped.
anyway - so i have found that the pain from snorting varies a lot for me. i also find, like most other people, that the pill/peak comes on much stronger, much quicker but lasts less. i really like snorting pills - especially if i want that quick rush or i want to be really chopped quicker.
just my two (or maybe three) cents as well
wink.gif

bk

my nose has been under immense abuse from all sorts of powders, from K to coke to wizz to meth to mdma to pills...
and i like my wizz uncut, chopped real fine but not cut with anything at all. somehow the taste of anything sweet with the drip just doesnt taste right to me. and im a chopper-addict, i love sitting here doing nothing and just chop stuff up.
with this sort of nasal abuse, theres been only once when my nose rebelled. i had a major nosebleed one night about 2 months ago. took a rest of a week, and its back to normal again.
smile.gif

i do have a habit of switching between nostrils once every couple of weeks. i used to be a right-nostril-snorter, but after that nosebleed incident, ive been using lefty as well. they have a duty roster now.
smile.gif

i dont know if this will help pple, but i stick the snorting tube (rolled up paper, note, watever) as far up my nostril as possible to avoid contact with the "innocent" areas of my nostril. also avoids powders getting stuck where its not gonna be effective. afterall, the important area is that part just beyond.
umm, and be careful about snorting *too much* water after snorting your powder. the point of snorting is for the powder to be absorbed by the sensitive membranes up your nose. too much water will just wash it all down... and wats the whole point of going thru all that if it all goes down into your tumtum?
smile.gif

oh, and if your nose stuffs up, a healthy diet with lotsa fruits and vitamins (vit e, how appropriate, for repairing your body) etc will help your nose and any part of your body for that matter, to heal. ummm, what m i talking abt? u should be eating healthy whether u're a snorter or druggie or not!
smile.gif

Snorting personally I am a big fan of snorting I have snorted about 10 pills ranging from pink barrells mixed with blue barrels, mdma powder, which I must correct blue kitten is not pharmecutical but about as close as you will come to street grade pure. It stings a little bit I have only got a nose bleed of it once, from snorting about a point of pure powder. Since then I havn't actually had any gear
smile.gif
. But the mdma powder you could snort uncut it was a very nice whitish yellowish powder. Snorting is very good it hits you so much harder, overall it is something I recommend but as some people say they do not like the discommfort accosiated with snorting and the accosiated drips
smile.gif
. But that is my advice something very well recommended my tips
1. Allways use a 50 or 100$ note
2. Allways make sure the pill line is very well cut up as the lumps causes the pill not to be ingested aswell, and also may cause nose bleeds.
3. if doing over a point do not try and snort it in one go as someone said with ketamine "do lines not f*&$ing catterpillers"
4. After snorting shut your other nostril shut and breather up the other one in little farst breaths
5. Drink some water and smack yourself on the back of the head, I don't think the smacking does anything to help the pill but it does sure take the mind away from the pain in your nasal cavaties
snort well my children
Roamers

oops....I need to read the questions a bit better....*slaps forehead*
Anyway, no real difference detween MDMA pills and MDMA powder when snorting anyway, powder is just a little stronger and gives a better effect. It has to be bad for your nose though, burns like hell. I couldn't enjoy the roll because I was coughing the shit up all the time. I have heard dropping 70mg snd then snorting another 30mg half an hour after does great things though if you want to try it.