Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

heartburn

regora

Bluelighter
hey does anyone else get heartburn?? ive had it before takin stuff but im just wondering if there would be an increased threat of my heart packin its bags or if it is a different thing.. I dont get heartburn generally while on watever, but one experience got me thinking, one night after droppin a pill i woke up 3 times with some pretty rough heartburn, it would have been about 8 or 9 hours after havin it..

Last edited:
Hey there, I get heartburn too unfortunetly. And when i drop one & i get heartburn, it sends me into a panic attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
HeartBurn is from stomach acids buring your tummy.

Be careful, your stomach lining may be getting ulcers and sometimes this can result in permanent damage.

My mother has acid reflux and has needed to be on medication for years now, and on top of that has needed blood transfusions from when they have bled.

try to always have a good stomach lineing when you takes pills/meth orally
because these chemicals are costic (spelling??).

i find lots or fruit veg nuts and bread about 2-3 hours before i drop usually
stops this from happening.
;)

Aciphex (Raberprazole) does the trick when it comes to stomach reflux and heart burn. I experience Heartburn sometimes after ingesting mdma. I find after ingesting Aciphex an hour or so later the heartburn is minimal and it eventually goes away. See a GP if heartburn becomes a regular occurance.

Yeah, heart burn is all about your diet and digestion. I have suffered from it a lot and even been woken up by the pain but not ONCE since I stopped drinking alcohol. The problem just went away overnight.

I used to take Quickeze, Rennie and Gaviscon (on the bad days) for it. Milk or yoghurt give instant relief but make it worse later on. Apart from booze the main triggers for acid reflux for me were citrus, coffee, fizzy drinks.

A pamphlet I got from the chemist on the subject warned that Peppermint was also a trigger for an attack. Yet curiously, most of the over-the-counter treatments are peppermint flavoured. Go figure.

:)

a relative of mine actually got one of the rare side effects from ranitidine (zantac)

They were using prescription Zantac, can't remember the dosage, and for about two years they would break down and cry for no reason, get really moody, just generally depressed.

Once the medication was stopped and changed there was such a dramatic change it was'nt funny!

Our family is full of stomach ulcers LOL

Oh, no one has mentioned that Peptic Ulcers can be caused by a bacteria (Helicobacter pylori) which can be treated with antibiotics :)

Having an endoscopy is no fun.

Heartburn doesn't actually involve your heart in any way - it's just called that because where you feel it (technically your epigastric region ) feels like it is near your heart. Heartburn is stomach contents backing up your oesophagus - because they are acidic, it feels like burning!

It's worth having either some Mylanta Heartburn formula or Gaviscon in the cupboard for quick relief - they both contain a substance that helps form a barrier over your stomach contents, to stop them backing up. They work better than plain antacids for this reason, though will only help for a few hours. Over the counter ranitidine aka Zantac/Gavilasts etc works for longer, but acts in a different way - by reducing the amount of acid produced by the stomach.

aesops: I personally don't find peppermint aggravates heartburn and I drink heaps of peppermint tea and eat mints etc.:\

what about if your hearthurts when your on coke not pills is that stomech acid too ?

My suggestion is to eat nexium if you can get your hands on it.
Nothing like a ridiculously powerful PP inhibitor to stop your stomach producing acids.

I havent had a problem with heartburn since I've been on it.

what's nexium?

Ive a friend who only gets heartburn when he takes or smokes meth....but denies it's the drugs! I cant wait to show him this thread!!! :) hehehe :)

nice nice thanks heaps guys i was worried my heart was about to start havin siesures :) i got like quickeze and stuff but it only ever lasts for a few seconds so i always just stick it through thinking that by the time i get the stuff it will have been gone anyway