• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Daily Tele- Mon 11 Dec 00: Letters..

cosmic_seadog

Bluelighter
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yet another major police operation has bought a record haul of ecstacy tablets. I fell sure all the people whose houses have been broken into, whose cars have been stolen or broken into, or who have been mugged and robbed are thrilled no end that the police have made it a smidgin harder for some ravers to wave their hands in the air on New Year's Eve. What a waste of resources on a victimless crime.
Lyndon Smith, Cremorne
The Daily Telegraph, Monday, December 11, 2000.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
umm yeah, it not those ravers too look out for. Its those pillpoppers who stay at home that get up to no good.. watch out for johnboy
wink.gif

Cosmic, I dont think the writer was saying ravers were comitting robbery....just that police officers had been diverted from stopping *real* crime.

It is funny how everyone, even I, and all of us only ever see a small portion of the war on drugs, each one of us can only have the opinion of our own experiences. Whether drugs are good, or bad is irrelevant, its whether you have experienced drugs in a good or bad context. I'm sure if you were to live with a friend who was in Meth-amphetamine psychosis you would attempt to keep away from them, or if you lived with a Zombied out paranoid who had been taking too much MDMA you would also feel quite uncomfortable. However, if you solved a relationship problem through a great MDMA session, or were able to get a lot of work done on time on a Meth-Amphetamine session, then you would have a completely differing opinion. Yet which experiences outway the other, the good or the bad, well it is all dependent on your life experience, no one will ever convince you otherwise unless you experience otherwise. Such is a flaw and a allie that is part of our being.
RULP
smile.gif

Actually Smurf i figured that was what they meant, meaning the seized good would be fueling many drugged up spates of robbery or crime.. although it could be also said that due to what may be seen as a possible shortage it could raise demand and as such costs rise meaning you'll need to rob a granny or two to cover a few pills...
wink.gif

IMHO, My interpretation of the author was that instead of the police using their resources to prevent break-ins, robberies, muggings and so forth(these crimes happening not only on NYE but generally), they are instead channelled into busting Ecstacy smugglers.
Smuggling E being a "victimless crime" becos users are SELDOM the cause of crimes. (THIS STATEMENT IS HIGLY DEBATABLE, but that is something for another time) And the lack of the product (Ecstacy) causing a few ravers NOT being able to score some on NYE i.e. "wave their hands"
[This message has been edited by GoNeGoOsE (edited 12 December 2000).]