• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Australian 11 Dec 00: Cost of drugs is more than money.

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
(The Harm Minimisation Approach) says that drug abuse will always be with us, so let's try to make it safer. It also says that any attempt to ban such substances is doomed to failure. However, the harm minimisation approach is a defective and defeatist policy that exists through the perpetuation of myths and misinformation...
Full article and links to related: http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,1506019%255E1683,00.html
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.

A lot of his arguments about the problems with legalisation are very generalised statements which apply to hard drugs-
"more babies who may pick up their mother's addiction"
We know that some are a lot softer than others......

I just loved the way that he used statistics which showed most criminals used drugs, and from that tried to show that the more drugs the more criminals, such a simple and flawed arguement. And I love the way he said that harm minimisation policy had been unsuccessful in Australia in the last 15 years, ummmm I haven't seen much harm minimisation in Australia, closer to a zero tolerance approach if you ask me. And what I couldn't work out was that he didn't seperate any of the drugs, as if they are all the same, heroin is as bad as pot in his books as far as I can tell.
Really can't be bothered giving a succinct rebuttal, but this article can be ripped to shreds if anyone can be bothered. Not that it will change anything, the arguement this guy gave was not one which leaves much room for change or acceptance of another view, but still
smile.gif