Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Entrapment

R0amer

Bluelighter
I was recently talking with a owner of a dance store, on the topic of drugs and lagality. She told me that a new law was passed about 2 months ago, I am not sure if this is only a queensland thing, but alows police, to entrap you. Which is where ie "you have a guy come up to you in a club offering to sell you pills you accept and they arrest you".
So the bottom line now don't buy drugs from people you don't know well...
If anyone has any information at all on this please forward it to [email protected]
or just reply
Can you say donkeeeeey KONG
Roams

do you mean, before you've even handed over any money or actually done anything except said "uuh yeah orrite mayte" ?
hmm sounds a bit dodg. to me

Details scratchy...memory fading...age creeping!!!!
at one of the dock parties early in the year ravers were being approached at the toilets by dealers.once the deal was done, the so-called dealer turned out to be under-cover and the purchaser arrested.
there was a post up on BL by the ppl who had watched all this going on. the word was then spread as to what was going on.
I guess you would have to prove that the person who sold you the stuff was a cop. All they have to do is catch u in possesion. the seller just has to walk away b4 the bust.
It is best to listen to your parents:
"Dont take candy from strangers" !!!

Yes sorry a very scatchy post, I wasn't able to obtain specifics. But after spending some time on http://elo.legalaid.qld.gov.au/Category/Criminal/ searching around and having a look at powers of police, I couldn't find anything about entrapment anywhere under police powers. So if anyone knows of anything about this law please reply, cause I am really intrigued to know. Also the above site is a good read for those who like to know there legal writes, did you know a officer before commencing a search, must state his name, rank and his/hers base.???
Well happy little munchkins chow
roams
(URL fixed -- BT)
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 14 December 2000).]

hey roams could you check the url puh-lease - the link you posted isn't working
don't know anything about the new law you mentioned - but i do know that it is VERY VERY difficult to prove entrapment, ie. you basically can't so my advice is don't go around buying pills off just anybody
i'll have a look on some of the legal sites i know about for you though
later
bk
--------------
found this for you - don't know if it helps or not, ie. a bit sketchy on the details re. what behaviour is admissable for police when attempting to catch law breakers. i've include the link to the site as well but the following brief seemed the most informative ... oh, and thanks for fixing the link bt
smile.gif
i studied police powers as part of one of my subjects for my criminology major this semester and the majority of guidelines regarding police activities/powers hinge upon what is deemed appropriate at the time, or police discretion -- but then again, who decides what is appropriate (the police!!) actually, a LOT of police activity rests upon police discretion - and this is VERY difficult to argue in court (or otherwise).
anywayz - happy reading
bk
The Police Powers and Responsibilities and Other Acts Amendment Bill 2000:
Controlled Operations and Controlled Activities
The Police Powers and Responsibilities and Other Acts Amendment Bill 2000 (PPROAA Bill) was introduced on 17 May 2000 to complete the consolidation and extension of police powers in Queensland. That process began with the passing of the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 1997 (Qld), followed by the consolidation of police powers effected by the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 2000. The PPROAA Bill introduces six new policing and law enforcement initiatives. This Brief will discuss the measures relating to controlled operations and controlled activities.
Chapter 5 of the PPROAA Bill provides a legislative framework for the authorisation and carrying out of controlled operations and controlled activities to be undertaken by police officers and certain officers of the Criminal Justice Commission (CJC) and the Queensland Crime Commission (QCC). The regime created by Chapter 5 provides legislative recognition of the fact that in order to achieve effective investigations of serious indictable offences and suspected organised crime, it may be necessary for law enforcement officers to act as covert operatives and, possibly, commit crimes in the course of their investigations. Such officers will be shielded from criminal and civil liability, provided that they have acted within the limits of the relevant authorisation.
The provisions also ensure that evidence collected in the course of controlled operations or controlled activities is not rendered inadmissible in court merely because of the manner in which it was obtained.
http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/parlib/research/legisbrief.htm
[This message has been edited by blue kitten (edited 14 December 2000).]