Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Driving Tests in Vic

Miss Peks

Bluelight Crew
This is just something I read off RDC so I can't exactly say who quoted this, because the person did not leave their name. I however thought that you'd all in intrested to read this.
As of 1st of December Victorian Police can now have suspected drug induced drivers tested. In this new law, suspected drugged drivers will be detained, taken to a testing facility and required to undergo tests. If found guilty, drivers face no less than a $1200 fine and no less than 12 months cancellation of licence. If they are caught at a subsequent time, the fine will be no less than $2400 and no less than 2 years cancellation of your licence.
This is not a joke. This is completely serious.
What does everyone think about this???? I know I won't be driving much when I go out anymore.

I've always said that if you are under the influence of anything then you should not drive. It's amazing how many people would never drink and drive, but have no problem getting behind the wheel after a couple of pills. I know the two have different effects, but the point is that you are not in total control of your car, and if you don't care what happens to yourself, at least think of others on the road.
PS - This is a general reply to everyone who uses drugs, not a direct response to pekkie.
smile.gif
Sorry if it sounded blunt, but it's what I believe.
------------------
"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."

a few questions. how do they preliminarily test you before they take you back to the station? do they get one of those saliva tests to detect drugs, one of those hand eye reaction tests, or do they just park outside a rave and pick random people? im sure they cant just say "hey you, off to the cop shop while we detain you because i think you might be under the influence of drugs".
its a bit like the breath tests, you need to blow up a reading first then they accurately test you via blood/urine (not sure which/or both) in the van. maybe the answer is parking a bit away from the party
wink.gif

------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."

that article is axtually off the abc's news from yesterday so go there to find more info.
------------------
rollin' and strollin', its kinda like bowlin'. my head's kinda big and it feels kinda swollin'!!

Apparently what they will do is.....
Spose to be the same over 'ere in da west
When they pull over the driver for a RBT
they make ya blow in tha thingy
You Blow Clear
THey look at ya an go hmmm this guy looks toasted but blows nuffin
how odd Mr Plod thinks
If they think you might be flipping they can give you this little computer game to fuck arround with spose to test ur reflexes or some shit.
If you lose you get a urine test.
"Apparently"
So if your good at computer games you got nuffin to worry about
smile.gif

this was talked about not too long ago on BL. Some people were talking about tests such as having to shut your eyes and estimate 30 seconds (easy: 1 one hundred, 2 one hundred, etc) and a few other ones which i can't remember.
these tests could possibly be the pre station tests ?!

SHIT!
This is shitty shitty news.
While I never have driven even remotely after pills or speed or alcohol, I'm afraid I'm MR. idiot in half of your eyes coz I drive bent at least 3-4 nights a week- always have and always will.
This would scare the shit out of me, but my friend has a copy of the pre-station tests and they basically co-ordination and judgement tests the cops will ask you to do if they smell dope in the car, of your acting fucked etc.
However We got ourselves mightily ripped, passed the tests with flying colors so aren;t too concerned.
Experienced smokers are very good at hiding their state, as they are almost always under the influence therefeore become accustommed to its feeling.
The one problem we had is that there isn't a way for them to determine exactly how long the dope has been in your system as one joint can be detected about 6 weeks later. This is another reason I doubt they can legally do a hell of a lot.
But this will deter many a person from driving to raves etc I'm sure.

I'm not 100% about this, but I think they have it in S.A. (correct me if I'm wrong!) but there is a filament test for dope, where you blow through a little filter, and if you've smoked any weed your done!!
One good thing and about pot being illegal, if it was legal, we couldn't drive stoned!! Because they'd have to bring tests in and would be more on the look out!
Looks like we're only safe north of the murray!
------------------
BOYAKASHA!!!

Unfortunately it looks that way.
Hmmmmm maybe I should move up to Brisbane or something

this became news to me last night JUST as i finished my 6+ bong, still with the intention of driving home that night.
Mate said that they take a swab of ya saliva, wait 3 or so mins as they test it, comes out +iv they take ya down to the station for a blood test, now im thinking these bastards will be waiting with a truck load of swabs infront of a party!
Are they gonna have TAC ads now informing, take two pills first hour, then 2lines of speed every two hours after to stay under .05 or some shit?!
How long does ANY drug stay in your saliva? i mean how long will i have to wait after bongs so i can "legally" drive home? will we be informed about this? i SHIT!!!! im crappin my nappies here!

well seeing though marajuana stays in your system for 28 days I'd say you have to wait for a long time.
I guess you should just be careful, and where possible don't drive. Get someone else to drive.