Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Speed Comedown vs Pill Comedown

Voodoo Chile

Bluelighter
OK guys, I have a little question which I know doesnt really have a definitive answer. I am just after some opinions.
I got my hands on some base on the weekend. We usually have speed that is cut 1:8 (is that usual?), so we decided that for a bit of fun we would cut it about 1:4/1:5
We also got our hands on the much debated about HQ's.
Now my friends have had a shocking comedown for the last few days, whereas I have been fine. I had two of the HQ's and just a little bit of speed. The others (aside from one, who had the same as me) had fewer pills. However, they all had much more speed than me.
They have been blaming the comedown on the pills, saying that they were weird. They have been spaced out, not really with it, and they felt a bit trippy on Sunday morning.
My thought was, that maybe it wasnt the pills that have done it, but the speed. What are your thoughts on this? Do you guys find that you have worse comedowns on pills or on speed that is stronger than you are used to?
Anyway, any help would be appreciated, because now a number of my friends (even though they have been doing it for years) are talking about just having the base this weekend and no pills. However, if its the base thats the problem, then they are going to be in just as bad a state as they were this week.
Oh, and we hadnt been out in six weeks either, so we havent been overdoing it
smile.gif

Thanx in advance,
Luv Voodoo
smile.gif

I tend to agree with you Voodoo in that speed comedown can be harsher. My very basic reasoning for that is that it seems to just drag on and on, and you get more and more depressed as you can see no end in sight. You can comedown of an e and 'enjoy' the rest of the day, but from my experience with speed you feel crap till you get sleep.
I didn't have much of a comedown off the HQs although I found them messy whilst on them. Some of my friends have been down all week but they didn't pre/post load - did you or your friends do that?
smile.gif

8:1 is fairly normal in Syd, 4 or 5:1 is what I cut it to.
smile.gif

Is there a chance that you were all a little more dehydrated than usual? I find the worst comedowns result from excessive dehydration, and usually as soon as the water levels get back to normal everything seems easier to deal with. Perhaps the base amped you guys a bit more than normal?
Just a thought, (my $US0.01).
BigTracer
smile.gif

------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.

BT - I dont think it was a dehydration issue - we are all really careful about that.
I dont know - it is just strange that I feel fine, whereas the other dont.
XSI11V - were you at Transmission on Saturday? I wonder how I worked that out when I have never met you.......
wink.gif

Luv Voodoo
smile.gif

A speed come down lasts for ages for me, like about 3 days. I only ever got come downs from the first few pills I had (which were good mdxx pills) but now I get nothing at all (most of the time), I go straight to sleep and wake up feeling fine. Speed on the other hand fucks me up for days, because of the lack of sleep mainly. As for the HQ's, I can't say much, I haven't tried one yet. I notice that any pill that makes me clench my jaw gives me a slight come down, most likely because it has some speed in it.
[This message has been edited by MOTOMAN (edited 29 November 2000).]

Jaw clenching and eye wiggles etc I believe are caused by magnesium definciency bought on by MDMA consumption.
Pop those mg tablets, they work surprisingly fast.

Hi all! I think the reason why speed comedowns are harsher/longer is because of the lack of sleep. Over the last week I had a couple HQs (on different days). Last thursday I slept for about 8 hours, and that was maybe 5-6 hours after dropping an HQ (I also had no speed that night). The result??? The most delightful scattered all friday and absolutely no noticable comedown/depression!!
smile.gif
And I did pre/postload with vitamins (no 5htp tho
frown.gif
) Anyway, the moral of my ramblings is speed = no sleep/rest = bad comedown. I think.
AJ.
PS. Magnesium is my savior!!!

Well before i bought an E-tester, my b/f and I bought any pill we could get our hands on...simply because there was no other way to tell what they were like, beside asking your friends who'd had them or asking the dd, but how reliable is that??...
Anyway, thinking back, about 80% of the pills we got were speedbombs and I ALWAYS experienced speedy and very shitty shitty comedowns. Like unable to sleep, emotional, irritable and crying...
Since we bought the tester, we havent had to put up with the comedown effects of speed/speedbombs. And we discovered sleeping is possible after having a REAL pill!
So I say yes, speed comedowns can be bad, whilst there can be no comedown at all after a good pill.
Geez and i thought ecstacy always had that horrible comedown.
I'm happy now
wink.gif

i didn't like the HQ comedown myself. i was in a pretty bad way, grumpy, headaches, and couldnt sleep coz of a ringing in ma ears. it really detracted from the pill itself, bad almost outweighed the good. worst comedown i've ever had. i did smoke some weed but.. which just fuct me up even more. never again am i choofing on the comedown. beer is the almighty saviour. amen.
------------------
if the journey's fun, it's well worth taking.

well its a puzzling issue.
ever since i went off pills and now only use pure substances .. i havent had any comedowns that i couldnt handle and i couldnt just sleep off.

i definetly think the eccie comedown is worse, depression and paranioa kicks in with speed i dony usually feel bad the only think is your tired as shit.If we can find the cure for speed insomnia life would be sweet!
its something that is out of our hands
its something we will never understand

Yes I was indeed at Transmission on Saturday. I also wonder how you knew that without having met met *cue twilight zone music*
.... umm something tells me it's not simply from reading the meetup thread?
smile.gif

XSI11V,
Nope - didnt read the meetup thread at all actually........
smile.gif

I will just say I knew it was you even before we got into Transmission......have you worked it out yet?
smile.gif

Oh, and no, I'm not a psychopathic stalker
wink.gif

Luv Voodoo
smile.gif

PS. You can always email me if it gets the better of you. I just dont want to give away too much on this board.

Friends described HQ comedowns as very trippy.
Id blame the pills, although base comedowns can be a little trippy as well

i think comedowns are very different, on a person by person basis. i don't usually get bad comedowns at all from ecstacy, just a warm, fuzzy, satisfied feeling all the next day and often the day after.
whereas i look at other people and they look like they've just been poisoned. and i know they feel like shit. makes me feel bad cos i feel good.
anyway, my point: comedowns are usually hard to speculate cos they differ so much from person to person.
BigfootDragon.

Yep, I gotta agree with BigfootDragon, I hardly ever have any bad kinda comedown, I usually just get a little tired and start to feel drifty and lazy and relaxed, then I go to sleep for a couple of hours and I'm fine for the rest of the day... The next day I'm usually a little tired, but that'd be more because of the lack of proper sleep then the drugs...
As with the actual effects of the drugs, the comedown can be different for everyone even if the pill is the same...

I find speed/meth come downs ALOT worse and i *think* its cos i cant eat or sleep after which makes me feel really really shitty. After a good MDMA bickie eating is easy as but i don't want to sleep. I also feel really really shitty if i don't eat for a while, It might be just me, cos i dont have any scientific stuff to back it up, but i rekkin lack of food has something to do with bad comedowns as well
Peace
rc1n

The body is an amazing piece of machinery. For pretty much every kind of behaviour, there exists a control mechanism: if you eat too much, you get full and uncomfortable and you’ll stop; if you eat to little, it’s unpleasant as well. Drink too much alcohol - you throw up and you feel like an idiot the next morning, and if you step on something sharp it’s gonna hurt. It’s called negative feedback (or “common sense”), and without it we wouldn’t sustain. Essentially, the body is telling you not to overdo what you were doing because too much of it is no good. Bad comedowns suck, but in a way shouldn’t we be thankful that they exist, because in their absence some people might think it’s all good and mutilate themselves too often? I mean, if drugs like e and speed made you feel tip-top the next day, and if there was NO science and you had NO knowledge about the adverse effects, wouldn’t you want to do it more often? Instead, the nuisance does knock some subconscious sense into the brain, telling it to give it some time until the next indulgence – and in “well-controlled” people – there is little permanent damage at the end of the day.

Thanks guys,
I've never had a bad comedown myself, so I dont really know what my friends were going through. Just thought it was strange that it would affect them so badly, and not me.
One of my friends usually has an almost identical reaction to me to pills, comedowns etc. and he was one of the worst affected. That was why I put it down to the stronger speed - he had heaps.
Anyway, I would still love to hear your opinions, and thanx to everyone that has replied.
And Euroslut, like pekkie said, couldn't have put it better myself!
Luv Voodoo
smile.gif