Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

PERTH: Sunday Times - The latest additives in pills

Biscuit

Bluelighter
Article titled the AGONY OF ECSTASY in todays Sunday Times.
The usual blah about the holidays coming up, greater number of suspect pills, etc etc.
4% of pills apparently contain heroin.
HOWEVER: they r now claming that some pills from SE Asia contain anti-coagulants (thins the blood, and prevents clotting; hence u will bleed more easily) (found in rat poison) and crushed glass.
The idea is that both these cause the drug to be absorbed faster due to INTERNAL BLEEDING?? The apparent benefit to the manufacturers is that 7% less drug can be put into each pill, yet the same intensity is exp.
Dont really know what to make of this one. It is the ultimate scare tactic/urban myth. But is there credence to it.
I personally would love to know the dosage of these anti-coagulant drugs; obviously cannot be too large if it must share pill space with the drug of choice.
Anyway fire away BLs, any thoughts? have we heard this one before?

i gotta get my hands on a sunday times, then i think it will be scathing letter time.....
later
sean

hey biscuit
smile.gif
yeah i read that article. It had a picture of about 50 hammers as well. I think they may have meant that pills in South East Asia had been found to have those things in them which they assumed were bound for australia. But even still it is scary.
I figured it was simply scare mongering as well. I had a bit of a chuckle when they started describing how a rat dies of internal haemorrhaging. How laughable is that comparison!!
Their theory about the rat poison and glass may hold true, I have no idea, but it doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the amount of glass needed in pills kill you before it aided in absorption through "internal bleeding"? It sounds so insane. And would any kind of test be able to show up glass? like dance safes'?
Even if it is all bullshit and the authorities (whoever gave the newspaper the figures/info) have to resort to this kind of crap in a last ditch attempt at stopping people from taking xtc, it is all very scary..
frown.gif

------------------
"The woodpile is so beautiful, about all the joy and beauty that I can stand. I am afraid to turn around and face the mountains, for fear they will overpower me. But I did look, and I am astounded" (1991) Shulgin on his experience with ecstasy.

It makes no sense at all. Internal bleeding is not going to help chemicals be absorbed into your affectable areas.
Cerebral haemorrhage anyone?
I think you're more like to ummm..... die, than experience any other effect. Your body is not too great at breaking down glass, so yeah, eat some crushed glass and you better have enjoyed what you've done so far in life. Hence I can't see anyone putting it in pills.
Anticoagulants.... might make your blood flow a bit faster, and hence increase intensity. Again is very unlikely imo.
I can't begin to imagine where their 'facts' and figures came from.

surely there's a government body that deems this falseness illegal? But yeah, try get them to take up the issue. Fucking politics I tell ya

Its pretty pathetic when the government and media have to stoop to this level to try and scare people out of taking ecstasy.
I just hope it is crap and their not telling the truth. Although if a batch did come out containg crushed up glass I'm sure everyone would know about it pretty quick

They said something to the extent that the crushed glass would perforate the stomach, and hence their is more "direct" contact between the pill and your blood.
It sounds totally macarbe whateva it is meant to do.
To someone above: When analysing pills the content is all brought into solution. Any glass wouldnt be so it would easily be discovered.

Other threads on 'how to roll harder' have suggested asprine and Omega 3 & 6. since these both thin the blood.
So I think the logic about thinner blood and rolling harder, does hold some degree of truth.

I just remembered something from biological chemistry this year.
Warfarin is both used as an anti-coagulant in humans and as a poison for rats.
Hence if it was in pills it would obviously be at a dose used to treat humans. Lets face it, pill manufacturers dont want to kill their consumers.
The coincidence that it is also a rat poison works in the drug agenices and medias favour.
However Warfarin apparently takes a couple of days to work so whats the point??
Another drug Heparin is instant but injected anyway.
Lets say it is in pills. Well high blood pressure is an effect of all the amphetamines so maybe this stuff will assist in reducing the chance of forming life threatening blood clots
smile.gif

Provided u dont get stabbed or something i'm sure u'll be fine.
Clearly i am being facetious now but basically if this is true, the fact that it does happen to be used as a rat poison is merely distorting the underlying reality towards hysteria similar to what we saw following the shark attack.
Of course there is the added issue of getting less MDXX for what u pay, which is outrageous in itself.
Glass would be another matter however.
Note: everything above assumes it is correct; i am in no way saying it is!
Give me a nice european pill anyway.

sunday times is just as factual as the womens weekly. I wouldn't take their articles too seriously, hell Redman moving to 96fm (or otherway around?) got on the front page of the paper.

I posted the article here.
It says that the pills are made with "rat poison"...which I took to mean it is used in the manufacturing process, not actually added to the pills.
When they phrase it like that it can be partially true (depending on what they actually do use...I have no idea of the synthesis), and although the "rat poison's" chemical structure could be altered enough so that it isn't harmful anymore, devout Sunday Times readers think "oh my god, rat poison! Ecstasy must be a tool of the devil!" (see comment in above link)

hate to break it to you guys but the Sunday Times doesnt even write its own material, it has to resort to plagerism, they even ripped off the title, off a 1994 article! these guys just get lower and lower. someone should really write a letter. the full article explaining these lies can be found here on ecstasy.org. The author then also had no evidence of these claims.
A year ago Time Out magazine ran a double page feature entitled "Bitter Pills", subtitled "Ecstasy has turned to agony for thousands of E users" as dealers spike tablets and capsules with heroin, LSD, rat poison and crushed glass.
read the article, it will explain all. i still cant believe they ripped that off, at least make up your own lies if you plan on not getting caught, furthermore i wouldnt trust their statistics, i bet they made them up too.
------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 27 November 2000).]

what's the name of that program that cains press for doing dodgy shit? (to put it rather drunkenly)
Meet the Press?

perhaps your thinking of media watch? not sure if its on anymore tho, used to be on ABC.
------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."

Media Watch is still going! It might be out of it's showing period though but worthwhile to send stuff too anyway...
------------------
LSD doesn't fry your brain...It e x p a n d s the mind!!

The Sunday times and West Australian are an absolute crock of shit! The amount of articles in there that are just utter bollocks amazes me. The only reason they get away with it is cos people don't know any better!