Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Amyl Nitrate Questions....

Adz-O-Rama

Bluelighter
i know its probably been done to death.....before i came along here..but i searched around and couldnt really find any answers....most threads turned into ppl saying how much they loved it..and where to get it..............Amyl Nitrate....are there any real dangers..like, in moderation of course..but is it a: doing any damage or permanent damage..and b: what is it actually triggering to give you the rush..buzz...or whatever ya wanna call it......thanx
smile.gif

------------------
StOp ThE WorlD...i WaNNa gEt oFF

Amyl nitrite is the correct term although everyone says nitrate.
Apparently it works by dilating the blood vessels, to get more blood to flow; i guess oxygen to the brain as well. It used to be used to treat angina, and is an antidote for cyanide poisoning. Dilating vessels and oxygen is obviously important for both of these.
I wouldnt do it often. There was a big thread on amyl with all the long term damage but i cannot remember the name. U could check erowid and lycaeum also. As it was a medication there should be large amounts of medical type info.
My friends and i all had access to large supplies of VERY GOOD amyl, made in the lab as its dead easy if u have access to the right chems. And it got to the stage where it was out of hand, actually they spiced up many a dance party as they loved to share it with all the amyl virgins; despite the danger involved in this.
I have seen people pass out from holding it in, get headaches from doing it too often, and get dangerously hot esp on pills.
The stuff u buy is rarely proper amyl, but butyl or isobutyl nitrites. Apparently amyl isnt allowed to be sold, but people get away with these. Nowhere near as good.

The pitfalls of copious inhalable nitrite overuse are detailed in "sniffing Amyl".
johnboy
posted 08 April 2000 04:49 AM
ok you want scarey? check this out...
"The toxic effects of amyl nitrite inhalation include rapid flushing of the face, pulsation in the head, cyanosis, confusion, vertigo, motor unrest, weakness, yellow vision, hypotension, soft thready pulse, and fainting.
Accidental prolonged inhalation of amyl nitrite has resulted in death from respiratory failure.... Fatalities have occurred in workers exposed to organic nitrates after strenuous exercise 1 to 2 days after cessation of exposure.
Nitrite causes a loss of tone of the vascular bed and pooling and trapping of blood in the veins of the lower extremities, resulting in marked arteriolar constriction and the induction of anoxemia in vital tissues, causing death.... The formation of methemoglobin by aliphatic nitrite interferes with oxyhemoglobin, causing anoxia of vital organs.... The use of volatile nitrites to enhance sexual performance and pleasure can result in syncope and death by cardiovascular collapse.(5)
Also in 1980 appeared the first of several studies to demonstrate that the volatile nitrites are powerfully mutagenic.(6) (That is, they cause cells to mutate, they cause damage to the chromosomes.) This is cause for concern, as almost all known carcinogens are also mutagens.
Subsequent studies, both in vitro and in vivo, have shown that poppers damage the immune system. They cause two kinds of anemia: Heinz body hemolytic anemia and methemoglobinemia. They damage the lungs. They have the potential to cause cancer by producing deadly N-nitroso compounds in interaction with many common drugs and chemicals, including antihistamines, artificial sweeteners, and pain killers.(7)"
"Nitrite Inhalants: Historical Perspective", by Guy R. Newell et al., in NIDA Monograph 83 (cited above). See also Chapter X: "Poppers: The End of an Era" in John Lauritsen, *The AIDS War*, New York 1993.
for the full article i took this from go here: http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/data/jlpoppers.htm
the connection with KS and HIV is a myth, but none of the toxicity data mentioned above is.
oh also found this:
"Poppers increase pressure within the eyeball and should not be used by anyone with glaucoma"
source: http://www.pinehurst.net/~apd/drug/aboutnitrates.html
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 08 April 2000).]
Hope that's a help.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.

ok, so it does cause some brain damage.
Are we talking serious frying, or moderate damage?
I like poppers, but if it is really bad.
I will stop.