Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Black on E-Z Tester doesnt mean MDMA

MUZZA

Bluelighter
We all may have been mislead in thinking our pills that we test and get a black reaction are MDMA. I was just reading on the dancesafe website that pills that get a black/purple reaction can contain other drugs and not always MDMA. A black/purple reaction could be:MDMA, Ketamine, Caffeine, DXM only, Methyl Salycilate, Dipenhydramine and who knows what else? So really who knows what we are getting when we get a black/purple reaction.........Is there any other way we can test our pills. I saw mona's idea of sending them to dancesafe to get them tested, but could anyone really wait the few weeks it would take to get an answer before taking the pill? I know I couldnt! To see the results on pill testing done in the dancesafe lab go to: http://www.dancesafe.org/currentresults.html

Perhaps this point would be better brought up in the pill test forum, or even e-mailed to aj... after all he knows probably more than most about the EZ-Test, because he makes them.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt a colour reaction mean that the majority of the pill is what ever it is?
So, if it tests black, it doesnt mean its just MDxx, it just means that most of it is MDxx, and it could have small amounts of other stuff, like speed, k, dogshit, human ashes, etc.
i think it says it in the instructions too.
------------------
Once you pop, you can't stop...

Good find MUZZA
smile.gif

check out the link guys - pills with substances like DXM (and nothing else) are coming up black.
I'll definitely be bringing this to the attention of those involved with helping set up a pill testing stall.

there is a recent post in the pill test forum from aj on the same topic, he says its important to watch the stages and time taken for the reaction, like if you dropped the regent onto and mdma scraping and a dxm scraping and then came back 20 seconds later they d most prolly look the same. anyway mosey on over to the pill testing forum and have a looksy.
later
sean

Dancesafe have said they can obviously not accept pills from outside the states.
Illegal drugs i dont think will be allowed through the American customs via mail.
Unfortunately the only way we r going to be able to properly test pills is if some analytical chemists do it here.
I personally think it would be a great uni project for undergrads etc, but of course who is going to let them? It really isnt that hard, in fact its easy, with the right equipment, found at any university involved in the sciences in the country.

ok I find this a bit stupid..
I've always knew that black doesn't necessarily mean that it is MDxx, it says it on the instructions. It's not a fault or anything...
If a pill does turn black, and its something like DXM, YOU will know that its definetely not MDxx from user reports. It's as simple as that... use word of mouth and the tester.

Yep, well seriously there are a few pills I have had lately that I have been suss on. They tested black/purple but felt nothing like the real thing. Has anyone had pure dxm, does it feel anything like an mdxx substance?

was reading that DXM will give a black test, however, when it first reacts there is smoke, and there is no purpleness to the test, so you can still distinguish mdxx from dxm. Other black tests on dancesafe are generally where mdxx is present, but other shit is also.
I think thats correct, please tell me if I'm not.

In response to the initial post, I got curious and tested a No-Doz, which is pure caffeine and glucose - no reaction at all with the EZ-reagent. (For the record: Pseudoephedrine did not react either)
Not questioning your source or anything, just wanted to let you know.

DXM, in the first plateau, could be mistaken as MDA from very inexperienced users...
But I'll re-iterate, only very inexperienced users would mistake the effects from a first plateau DXM trip for a MDxx substance.

okay i just had a peak at that site (again, its been a lil while hehe)
the dxm reactions do say on them "slow" or "very slow". dxm will go grey/black, after about 10 seconds or so, and will give off smoke. mdxx will go purple/black quite quickly in comparison. it may give off a lil smoke if it goes black immediately in the case of pure substance, but the reactions are definately easy to differentiate.
the ketamine & caffeine went black when in the same pill as some mdma content. its the mdma that made it go black, it was still present, the test does say that it cant determine how much is in a pill, only whether or not it is in there.
the only thing that concerns me is the pill that contained methyl salicylate & dipenhydramine. the methyl salicylate by itself will produce no reaction, but combined these produced a "normal" black reaction. probably it is the dipenhydramine, but it might have been an error on the part of people who put this info in the system (?)
i dont know what dipenhydramine is, i'll have to look it up. if it gives a black reaction, well, that sucks =( .. i think methyl salicylate is found in vicks inhalers!
motoman.. what pills tested black did you think were dodgy? sometimes its just how your body is at the time, + set and setting, etc. i found out how much that can change things w/ the 007s recently.. just wondering which pills, and what did they feel like (dif from mdma)
smilez ppl
smile.gif

dipenhydramine by looking at the Search results here as given by google is a antihistamine that often gets mixed with pseudoephedrine ... ie Benadryl.

thanks soma
smile.gif
actually, not long after i posted that i found that myself hehe but i was too busy/lazy to go back n edit eheh
seeya at earthcore, no? =)
smile.gif