Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Good for Perth ??

Smiley^

Bluelighter
I keep reading all these reviews and over and over again I seem to come across the same quote "such and such a pill is good for Perth standards"
What exactly do people mean by this? I know that a lot of pills we get are utter shit, but surely we must get some great ones. If there coming from Oversea's wouldn't that mean the good ones would be as good as say what they are getting in Sydney and Melbourne ?
Or if I was to go over to England would the good pills there be better than the good pills we get here ?? I've also heard a lot of discussion about how the Windmills and Hammers and all the other so called good pills aren't in fact that good after all.
I hope this doesn't sound too confusing, its just an issue that really interests me.

Taking a guess, I'd say it comes down to us being the most isolated city in the world, and the fact that a lot of people are just happy with a speedy pill, and dont seem to want to do any research before buying.
I think it is a shame really, in my mind, I think we boast one of the best rave scenes in Australia (second to Melbourne).
Research before you buy, and reject pills if they arent what you want. Dont buy something just because its the only ones you can find.

People just want straight MDMA and a big dose.
These pills don't really exist in perth.
The windmills weren't exclusively (at all?) mdma, thats why people speak down about them.
I think in england theres just a higher percentage of mdma pills than in perth. I remember seeing a chart that said 22% of their e's were straight mdma.

It would appear that most MDXX pills Perth gets are not just MDMA, if any, but have other MDXX drugs in them (usually MDEA), with varying effects. Also its possible that the pills arent overly "clean" (containing precursors, mystery chems etc).
Who really knows how true this is, and why it is so. We arent lab testing the pills after all. However there is no doubt that MDXX pills in sydney and melbourne are far better than ours, especially lately.
Earlier this year Perth went through a SHOCKING drought. There were a few trinkles of MDXX, e.g: the bullets, omg they just scraped a mention.
Then the windmills arrived and from then on its been much of the shame. Perhaps Perth is now seen as a good place to release the shittier side of all the MDXX manufactures.
Generally while all the MDXX drugs are made relatively the same way, its MDMA which is the biggest bitch to do because it uses the most controlled reagent (methyl amine).
You can look at it like beer production. I was told that many of the beers are produced together in a large vat; the premium ones r taken from the top part, while the cheap shitty ones are from the bottom, containing more sediment, dirtier, u get the idea.
Hence while MDXX production doesnt necessarily occur simultaneously like this, it is all done in similar ways, then at the end of the day the eastern staters get the premium quality brews, we get the shit.
When i say shit i dont mean bad, just the worst of the very best. Compared to all the orange testing piles of utter garbage, our MDXX purple testing biscuits r a godsend. But still not heavenly!
I guess coz we accepted it with such open arms people r only happy to provide us with more of the same.
I have always found it interesting that perth has never at least in the last yr seen pills found over east such as CUs (have we ever had these), the best mitsis, the fish, the list is endless.
Despite this longwinded answer i really dont have a definitive one.
[This message has been edited by Biscuit (edited 19 November 2000).]

So what your saying is that when a good batch of pills is made say in Holland or wherever the big wigs decide to send them over to the East Coast. But when they make some shitty unclean stuff they say "Fuck it, we'll send it over to those dicks in Perth, they'll take any shit"
Is that the general gist of what you were saying Biscuit ?
That just seems like crap to me. I mean everyone knows how keen we are for good pills and how were willing to pay big bucks for them. So why is the East Coast constantly swimming with good stuff, and we get the reject shit no one else wants ?
It just pisses me off

My post was really a guess, i would have NO idea about what goes on with pill importation.
Who knows whether pill manufacturers even know whether this particular batch is "better" or "cleaner" than the next. They'll know the chemical content, and the aprroximate strength, but that might be all.
But the results speak for themselves, and dont seem to be coincidental.

maybe its the image of Perth (or the lack of it) that the internationals have...
chatting to the occasional person on irc, most people reach for the map when u say u r from Perth... then ask how long it takes to drive from here to Sydney!!!
If u r a big "player" in the E scene, and u figure Perth is nothing more than a frigin hick country town, chances r u rnt gonna pick it as the first place to send your shit...
on the otherhand, maybe we r just a bunch of wingers over here, and our biccies r just as good, yet due to our inferiority complex we convince ourselves that they arent...

personally, I think its just the perth big-wigs prefer their amphetamines over there MDMA.
This would also co-incide with why we have such a huge amount of speed bombs.
But maybe Drave is onto something, maybe we do have good pills and we just have an inferioty complex
smile.gif

Ok lets see,
*Disclaimer: Personal opinion only, no dick-measuring being performed*
"rumour has it
smile.gif
" we do get some pills from over east, we did get a small number of the CU's, late last year, and a very small number of the Green Euros, a few of the CKs, apricot rolexes, and the doves and ? marks out now are definitely from over east.
As for the ones that get imported from overseas, what if think is, if you are going to take the risk of importing from overseas, you want to make it worth your while, i.e. big numbers. Perth just doesn't have the number of pillers to justify the kind of importation you find in Sydney or Melbourne. Take the 2 seizures in Sydney last year of 250,000 pills each, Perth just couldn't eat that amount of pills in the kind of time necessary (i.e. 3-4 weeks). Our biggest importation was probably the windmills, "rumour has it
smile.gif
" there was 50,000.
Anyhow, what does this have to do with quality? Simple, Competition, there's just more competition on the east which drives overall quality up. When a mdxx biccie comes here, all it's gotta compete against is 1, maybe 2 other mdxx biccies in limited quantities, and a few speedbombs. Release an mdxx biccie in Sydney or Melbourne and it has to compete against several other mdxx biccies, in very large numbers.
But we still get some decent pills, and when we do, we make sure we gobble them up hehehe.
I think the difference is a little overrated, we do get somewhere close to their quality. Take the apricot rolexes, which came out both in perth and over east, and in both places were considered very good pills (from peoples opinions on BL), but I don't think they were rated that much higher over here, we have had pills like that before.
Anyway, thats my 2 cents, until we get quantitative pill testing happening we'll never really know will we?
------------------
Addicted to the Atmosphere........

perth does get good quality biccies and i have been noticing a 2-3 month pattern. ImO i think the windmills were not imports because ive searched the entire bluelight and dance safe database and only perth had them.(no not even the eastern states), which then leads me to belive that they were locally produced. then i my friend DD got a shitload of hammers, but when he started to count them he saw that half(approx) of the bag were hammers and the other half were triangles/circles(aka yonnex)hence he thought he was being ripped off, but his friend DD said they were the same pill and were local. when i looked at them hammers they had IDENTICAL dimensions with (to my eye) identical type of bevelling around the edges, and also were almost identicle in colour to the windmills. Reprted effects were also very similar wioth many ppl comparing them with the windmills. This is my two sense
------------------
" Role to tha EKS! "
<-H1ghR0ll3r->

The whingening factor did occur to me but at the same time i remember pills around 1-2 yrs ago that had decidedly different subjective qualities than the ones over the last few months.
Maybe its just me; but pills such as beige apples, white dollars, A1s, XOs, B29s, white euros, all were decidedly more on the euphoric loved up side of things and less on the mongy fuckedness. Mostly my own exps but u only had to look at people to tell.
I dont think it would be tolerance. Perhaps one could argue as time goes on the magical aspects r diminished but i still think its something more, like lack of clean MDMA.
The windmills and hammers were not the same colour, and 99.99999% likely they were imported. Others would say 100%. From what i remember the yonnexs were domed on the top, hammers flat both sides?
And there would be many pills which only appear in certain regions which for some reason do not in others, but i wouldnt say this means they r local.

I'll bet mah booootes they weren't local laddie! But I never wear my boots anyway, I'm a loafers/sneakers kinda guy.
The hammers and yonnex were almost definitely associated at some point (I'm positive, no, no I'm 86% positive, no, no I'm 88% positive. heeheehee *ahem* yes personal joke) Perhaps at the import stage, perhaps just after, but they were associated imo, but from different shops (factories).
They were ok. I wouldn't call them good pills, but compared to what else has been around in the past 10 months, they are good pills (hence good for Perth).
Entropope's anti-Perthcentric Hypothesis
Something most people have read me type
smile.gif
a few times is that I believe people who have only been pilling a year, and have only had Perth pills, haven't ever had a pill that is good by my standards. *shrug* I have high standards, partly because I have other preferences over pills, and over mdma.
Anyway there IS a point!! And it is that other people have higher standards, and know how good pills can be, and hence know what they're missing out on in Perth pills. So when something finally comes along which goes half way, they figure "yeah it's as good as we'll get here in Perth nowaday, it's good for a Perth pill."
Just how I see it.
As per the ?s, I haven't seen a pill in Perth I'd consider worth buying and eating in about 10 months, and if/when I see these.... me buy. Mind you I haven't had one, but I'm willing to try these.