Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Important 5HTP QUESTION....previously unanswered

rashen_dog

Bluelighter
Hey...i'm wondering if someone can help me with this.
I'm keen to try this shit, but...i dont have a credit card. I understand you can only get it with a credit card, and not domestically.
Is this true?
How can i get around it?

The last time I heard, it's not legal to sell in Australia, so you have about three main ways of getting it.
1. Get lucky and find a Health Food shop that does stock 5-HTP.
2. Get a friend with a credit card to buy from one of the online retailers for you.
3. Get a friend with a credit card to buy from one of the online retailers for themselves, and pinch a couple of 5-HTP every weekend like my friends do
smile.gif

Maybe one of the online retailers has alternative payment methods such as sending a cheque, or postal order for money too? It would be worth checking. I'm fairly sure this topic has been discussed before.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

PS: In fact, this has been answered before: 5htp this stuff really works
The last poster said that their retailer of choice accepts postal orders and cheques.
------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 13 November 2000).]

Quick question.. sorry if this has been answered before.
If 5htp is illegal to sell in Australia, is it likely that Customs would confiscate packages of 5htp coming into Australia which were ordered online?
ta

Nope. There's information about this contained in the 5-HTP section of the EVERYONE READ! FAQ too... basically it's permitted to import up to a certain amount of 5-HTP in a year, and within a 3month period. I've had no problem ordering 4x 60cap bottles of 100mg 5-HTP capsules online from the USA, and from NZ. Usually the packages come re-sealed with stickers saying "Inspected and Re-Sealed by Customs", which can be spooky the first time you see them
smile.gif

It's fine to import for personal use, and I think you can import up to 1 years supply in any three month period. (More specific details are given in Pinger's links for 5-HTP in EVERYONE READ!).
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.

I just got myself a bottle off i-herb, the cheapest one i could find $11 US
What a pleasant surprise, when i got my visa bill, that when converted to AUD plus postage came out to a tidy $36 ..
I suppose if my rolls are done properly, and the comedown is minimised its worth the money.. But Perth people dont do what I do, just gank some off me seriously $36 fuckn bucks!
------------------
Dont forget, in an emergency.. Stop, Drop, and Roll!
[email protected]

how much did you think it was goign to come to? next time use the universal currency counter to work out conversions before you buy, the AUD is about 51¢ atm, of course its gonna be expensive :p
------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."