Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Acid / DXM combo ?

HappyCamper

Bluelighter
hey all
smile.gif

won't waste anyones precious time. heres the deal.
am thinking of trying an acid / dxm combo.
am thinking 1/2 a trip and a plateau 2 dose of dxm.
ummmm can anyone see anything fundamentally dangerous about this? apart from the chance of it being too intense.
but it will be just in a bedroom with some vids and my bestest matey. so very secure surroundings.
thankyou and stay safe people
smile.gif

HC

Good question - there might also be some helpful information to be found on this combination in the Other Drugs forum. They tend to discuss combinations of chemicals that don't include MDMA there, so you could turn up something about this particular synergy.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

PS: I just went for a quick look, check this out: DXM and Acid... anyone tried it?
------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 12 November 2000).]

Never!
I'm telling you from personal experience dxm is exceptionally hard on the brain, and you'd know lsd is too.
really, you gotta ask yourself, is it really worth it. I'd be saying no.
don't abuse dxm, I'm picking the long term users are gonna have problems in the future. from short to mid-term usage at plat. 2-3 I've come to know the way it affects the brain, and what I know is the tip of the iceburg I'm certain.
Just be careful!
peace
------------------
Niques Wisdom
- Don't ever try your best, it's the first step to failure.
-It is far better to be pissed off than pissed on.
-If someones life is in danger, do not help them, this will almost always bring you to the same fate.

muchly appreciated peoples. geez i love this board: you post a question, and 2 hrs later you have several very useful replies
smile.gif

thanks
smile.gif

HC
PS Will probably proceed with this experience, but have taken note of concerns and will definately be careful. thanks for the care
smile.gif

i dont know anything so dont take any notice of me !
however i have heard that DXM spells brain damage ..
i have also heard that it is pretty fuckin good .. !
maybe make this an experiment HC but dont do it too often

In otherdrugs this was discussed a bit,
if you really wanna do it have much less of each then you normally would.

MikeySammey: yeah DXM does cause brain damage, I guess MDMA doesnt though?
Yeah your exactly right. Use it in moderation and it doesn't, just like MDMA.
i dont know anything so dont take any notice of me !
So what the hell was your point in even posting anything up? To bash DXM, saying you heard it spells brain damage. All you fucking kandy kid ravers need to get a clue, go research it for yourself, and while your at it, research the stuff about MDMA too.
[This message has been edited by rikidozan (edited 14 November 2000).]

Origionally posted by rikodozan
So what the hell was your point in even posting anything up? To bash DXM, saying you heard it spells brain damage. All you fucking kandy kid ravers need to get a clue, go research it for yourself, and while your at it, research the stuff about MDMA too.
haha How would you know man, you've only done it once, you posted last week about advice for your first dose.
DXM makes you lose touch with yourself - literally. Anyway after a few more times of doing it you'll soon fathom what it does. I have more than just an inner hunch that this stuff is damaging. go to third plateau's website and just read the people who are posting and the way they speak, and their concerns.
mdma is piss ant weak, simplistic, clear cut effects, and no resemblence or bearings to dxm.
dextromethorphan has dark secrets.

its got nothing to do with experience. I have been reading alot about DXM, a hell of a lot. Yeah I've been to that site. I've been to alot of medical sites. I've been everywhere. I've spoken to alot of people who are reformed DXM addicts. I've spoken to alot of people who are currently trying to get rid of their addiction.
MDMA fucks with your head, get it right. It fucks with your head in a big way. Get it right.

"MDMA fucks with your head, get it right. It fucks with your head in a big way.
Get it right. "
duh. No one ever said it didn't. In fact one one's even mentioned mdma in this thread, good conclusion.
"
Yeah your exactly right. Use it in moderation and it doesn't, just like MDMA."
MDMA and DXM cause brain damage when you use it, be it once or a thousand times.
It would appear that everything MikeySamey said was right.
It causes brain damage. Yes
It's also fucking good. You've vouched for that ever since you took it.
Damn, just after i read that vibe thread.
I feel all dirty.

well HC, i cant really give you any advice because ive never done it, but I would have to say, that it would be INTENSE!!!!!!!
after taking acid on the weekend, it made me realise how damn powerful it really is. Everythig was so intense, i think i aged about 10 years. I was so worn out after it as well, but hell, it was wicked fun!

Acid_Reign thanks, thanks for backing up every-fucking-thing I said even though it was supposed to be an attack against me.
Seriously I don't understand your motive behind that post.
------------------
"I'm high off the weed, drunk off the cop's blood."
I'm tired...

I'll let ya know how it goes Horsey, MikeySammer + others interested
smile.gif
hehehe may even (if its actually possible) write up some posts -during-.. as i said tho, may not be possible.. heheh depends how many purple unicorns are prancing over the keyboard at the time
smile.gif

probably going to be dosed as such:
Sat morn: 1/2 a T and then into the city for some shopping
Sat arvo: 1/2 a T and start preparing for the night (hire vids etc etc)
8ish, 1/2 a T and put on some vids
9ish, a plateau 2 dose of dxm
12-1ish, 1/2 a T.
i think thats the plan. merely for interests sake, not looking for approval or disapproval
smile.gif

fare thee well, and may psychadellic colours invert your day.
HC
From the makers of The Simpsons

MDMA for long periods at multiple doses, and/or consecutive days of use will do actual damage in the long term.
DXM does damage from day one, one dose.
So for all you people who don't even use it and don't know jack, why are you even stating an opinion?
I know that if I post something on a message board, I would rather hear from people with first hand information, not GUESSWORK at the posters expense.
Rikodozan, If you've read so much about DXM, why did you need me just to tell you that robitussin DX contained 3mg per millilitre?
You can't divide 30 by 3 or, break down a fraction, so how the fuk can you comprehend medical information?
I'm saying this for your own good, try DXM a few times, say 4 or 5, if not less, you'll feel your head exploding, the pressure, the slurrrring. You'll drift away from yourself. Because I'd have been stating the same opinion as you after one dose.
you'll soon come to the realization that exstacy is like a kiddie game compared to DXM.
MDMA is NOTHING on the potency of DXM, NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING...NOTHING.

Well I survived. Score one for me.
I think Mr.Horse summed it up with that one word: INTENSE.
3 people. me and peakingduck lsd/dxm. ww7 lsd.
Doseage:
9pm: 1/2 a trip (Jokers)
1030pm: not feeling much at all, so 1/2 a trip and a J.
Started watching Bill Hicks which i have on tape.
Other friend starts seeing doors pulsate slightly, and begins a 1 hour giggling session at the shapes the clouds are making in the sky.
11:30pm: am really starting to trip hard. beginning to 'melt' into the surrounds. finally decide to have the dxm. 300mg. i'm 65kg, so a plat 2 dose. Put on the movie Baraka
11:45-12pm: dxm is really kicking in much quicker then i'd experienced before. am -really- becoming part of my surrounds, loss of feeling of -me- and just a feeling on everything in the room being one (read: disassosciation -sp?). Baraka becomes too intense to watch and is turned off. Getting hot / cold flushes. can't deal with much at all. music=good. movement=minimal.
from here, time had no meaning, thus all times are assumed / guessed.
1am decide that a shower is in order. am having very profound (read: seemingly to me anyways) thoughts and ideas, but, while i know exactly what i want to say in my head, it comes out wrong.
have shower, lit by candles, take 2 bulbs in.
close eyes and experience total feeling of -being- water. flowing and swirling.
snap eyes open. panic slightly as i had no idea how long i had been in there. hear music and recognise it to be the same song as when i got into the bathroom. sigh with relief and make moves to get out of the shower.
notice that i have almost totally lost sense of depth perception. make 3 grabs at my towel till i finally grab it.
theres a voice within the music. telling me what is going on. explaining what the drugs are doing. it calms me. i am totally serene as i dry myself.
2am try to make another J but fail. not too worried tho, as i start drifting in and out of little trips.
decide lying still is -not- good for me at this stage, continually stareing at things until they create a mental image i can't handle.
go for a walk around the house, which definately helps ease things as i no longer stare at things until they freak me.
3am: declare adamently that dxm has worn off, as does the other dxm'er with me. all of us start describing how we keep drifting off into our own little trip worlds. glancing around it is easy to tell. blank look while stareing at seemingly nothing, eyes blink rapidly once or twice and life returns to eyes and a little shake of the head as that person also realises they have returned from wherever they had gone to.
5-6am, decide to go to bed and try and sleep. am very tired (only had 4 hrs sleep the night before and dxm always leaves me exhausted). spend 30 mins trying to work out -what- my blanket was. i was not at my house so this blanket was strange. one side has like denim patches all over it, and the other just resembles a normal blanket. this confounded me to no end. the denim side was fine, but when i turned it over and it was no longer denim, i was confused. so i'd turn it over again, confirm there was denim, turn it over again, and the denim was gone. 30 mins later i wandered off to find another blanket.
3 hours of tossing and turning later in a futile fight against the visions, i finally get a couple of hours of sleep. woke with huge relief that things were sane again and actually felt surprisingly clear headed, happy and 'good'.
it was a very self-exploratory trip, as the abilty to describe things got severely reduced, mainly due to the dxm i think. after awaking, i had feelings of it being a semi-bad trip, but after talking about what we had each experienced, i came to the conclusion it wasn't so much bad, as much much much more intense then anything i had every experienced before.
the acid was strong. that much was very obvious. but with acid, you can usually deal with things still. ie most things you can pass of as 'just the lsd fucking with me'. however when combined with dxm, we concluded that your abiliy to deal with things gets stripped away, leaving you with nothing to help cope with the tripping / visuals.
i think -if- there was to be a 'next time' i would be much more prepared and able to handle it a bit better. i can't say enough how unprepared for how intense this trip would be i was.
not something to do alone i think.
all in all, a 6.5 out of 10.
sorry if this is too long.
bye bye
smile.gif

HappyCamper

bloody wicked report hp. 10/10!
I knew it would be intense!! Those two drugs are intense by themselves, but together. *phew* i dunno if I could handle it
smile.gif

Its interesting what you say about not really being able to deal with that intensity of it all because of the DXM. Ive never had it, so I couldnt tell, but when i have acid, when it gets too much I can say to myself "its just the drugs, calm the fuck down" but I couldnt do that, I think it miht cause some trouble in my head.
Anyway, thanks heaps doode, GREAT report!