Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Refusal of education...its depressing

Bent

Bluelighter
Not sure whether this is the right forum, but I needed a bit of a vent.

Last night I was out with a few friends, and everyone's NYE plans were discussed...and of course that moved on to our own 'needs and wants' in terms of stimulants and the like for NYE.

It basically ended by a friend yelling at me, and trying to make me promise that I wouldn't ever have any MDMA powder (should I ever be lucky enough to stumble upon it!)...as its far more dangerous that pills!

Try as hard as I might to explain that PURE MDMA powder is indeed what we all hope our pills are made from - tried to explain bonding agents & other unwanted adulterants and the like in pills, but to no avail.

Now I'll be the first to admit that this person isn't a fan of pills (but certainly isn't shy around charlie!)...but despite the fact that I clearly knew a bit more about the subject than she did, her continual persistence just wore me down.

We've had similar arguments in the past about K...and again I've tried to explain that in terms of drugs, K's at least (in pure form) pharmaceutical grade...but again all she knows of it is the link to horse tranquillisers.

As much as I'd truly like to educate this friend, and get them to realise all the myths and bullshit surrounding some of our favourite drugs, it just gets all too much.

Do I keep trying? Or let her wallow in her ignorance and double standards? I'll admit, my patience is wearing thin!

I think you need to look at it from your friend's perspective. To an uneducated drug user, a pure drug is significantly more risky than a "cut" one, because they would presumably take the same dose, so the risk of "overdose" is higher. This is the logic which we were force-fed at school, although it really only holds true for heroin.

Explain to your friend that you prefer to take pure substances so you can control your dose more effectively; that by having pure subjects you're likely to take *less* of the drug, not more. If she doesn't listen, find smarter friends. Sorry - a bit harsh but life's too short to hang out with people you can't respect.

It's cool Bent - some people won't be told. Extra funny that your friend is fond of the yay-oh but gives you grief about mdma & k

I would probably not stress about her opinion of things she doesn't take - just don't tell her! But as a friend I might make sure she is up to date with info on what she does take; particularly as she may not be very well informed.

just tell her about the insideous "di hydrogen monoxide".

wait until she has told a few people about it.

then tell her what it really is. and laugh hard.

when she gets shitty at you ask her if she got shitty at the person who told her pure mdma powder is evil and special k is only horse tranquliser...

if she says the media told her about it laugh really hard and then ask her what the media says about coke, and if she believes that to be true.

if all that fails, just laugh hard and have an mdma cap, then laugh even harder.

laughter is good :) it is good to laugh at idiots who refuse to listen. i like it when people laugh at me cause it makes me listen :D

I feel your pain :( Ayjay is right - some people just don't want to know, and it frustrates and disappoints me no end. Maybe seeing a published articel, rather than hearing it coming from you might help? I think there's 2 types of peopel who can't be peer educated: 1st are those who really don't ever want to have to think about their drug use and are resistant to all information. 2nd are those whi just can't accept that another "druggie" knows more than they do, but will accept information from "non-drug" sources and can be enlightened with the aid of honest jouranlism and scientific/mediacl information. Good luck with it!

marklar_the_23rd said:
just tell her about the insideous "di hydrogen monoxide".

wait until she has told a few people about it.

then tell her what it really is. and laugh hard.

when she gets shitty at you ask her if she got shitty at the person who told her pure mdma powder is evil and special k is only horse tranquliser...

if she says the media told her about it laugh really hard and then ask her what the media says about coke, and if she believes that to be true.

if all that fails, just laugh hard and have an mdma cap, then laugh even harder.

laughter is good :) it is good to laugh at idiots who refuse to listen. i like it when people laugh at me cause it makes me listen :D

LMAO that's the best advice i've heard all day. Now i just need some friends who won't listen to my views on drugs.

aunty establishment said:
Explain to your friend that you prefer to take pure substances so you can control your dose more effectively

That's the thing, I explained that you make your own caps and therefore can control the dose...but in her mind it just means you'll get really, really fucked up because its pure - controlling dosage just wasn't a concept she understood/accepted.

Ah well..suppose that just means more powder for me (if I ever come across it!)

Would love to make a huge drug FAQ and do a ltter box drop to every household in Australia. Now thats harm minimisation for you. Or even drop pamphlets out of a plane, propaganda style, as im sure thats what it would be labelled.

You have to remember that some people just arent open to new ideas. Take religion for instance. I myself was brought up through catholic schools all my life. Needless to say their bombardment of ideas and ways of living has lead me to believe in nothing. Thats my point of view. Others dont share that. For example fundamentalist muslims. Imagine trying to talk to one of them about cathlocism. Ha. Might as well talk to a brick wall. Don't worry that there is not one shred of scientific evidence to back up some of the claims (rising from the dead anybody!). It all comes down to faith. Such a powerful feeling to have is the faith to belive whatever you want.

Doesnt make sense to me but then again i dont have faith. This is the same of your uneducated friend. They will believe only what they want to. End of story. Just do your best to convert those who are willing to listen, for it is the ones who are willing to learn that will go far.

fuck in heaven

PS fuck i hope i havent opened a can of worms with the religious comments. Please dont take them the wrong way. everyone is is able to, and SHOULD have their own opinions.

Would love to make a huge drug FAQ and do a ltter box drop to every household in Australia.

Regardless of the message, if such a pamphlet wasn't government approved, you and all involved could face very serious criminal charges. Especially if anyone of authority could take out of context - or twist something said - to look like you're encouraginng or even supporting drug use. Messages from private groups which don't support government policy effectively break the law in most if not all states.

The Law is no doubt blurry in this area, but the Office of Film and Literature Classification has pretty much go it covered. Having that department chasing you is one thing, but if you had also broken state or federal health laws - especially in a community related manner - I'd expect the weight of paper circulated may be thrown back at you like the proverbial book 8(

Nice thought though...