Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

which test kit?

santanzi

Bluelighter
folks, returning to the scene after too long - a few years back there was the one test kit - now i've a choice Marquis or Mandelin.

any suggestions? thanks.

If you are only going to buy one I'd suggest Marquis as it will help you detect ecstasy and speed, the two commonest ingrediants in pills. Mandellin is best used in combination with Marquis to cross check, and also to detect ketamine in speed pills. If you want more information check out the Enlighten site: www.enlighten-hr.org

santanzi said:
folks, returning to the scene after too long - a few years back there was the one test kit - now i've a choice Marquis or Mandelin.

any suggestions? thanks.

Essentialy if you can, purchase all five reagents. They all prove usefull in one way or another.

A list of known Marquis Reactions

MDMA = light purple/blue to DARK purple
MDA = light purple/blue to DARK purple
MDEA = light purple/blue to DARK purple
Amphetamine = orange to a slightly brownish color
Methamphetamine = orange to a brownish color
DMT = green/yellow
DET = green/yellow
Mescaline = orange
PCP = purple
Heroin = purple or pink according to AJ
Cocaine = purple
LSD = grey
2C-B = green
2C-T-2 = orange to "rusty" red
2C-T-7 = orange to "rusty" red
5-MeO-DiPT = fizzes, then yellow to brownish-orange
DOM (STP) = yellow to green
DOB = olive green
DPT = olive green
DIPT = fizzes, then bright (neon) yellow
PMA = no color change
BZP = no color change, but it will fizz a little
AMT = brownish-yellow
Psilocybine = orange
Alpha-Methyl-DiPT = fizzes then brown
4-Acetoxy-DiPT = dark olive green
Ephedrine = yellow to yellowish brown
Yohimbine = fizzes, then olive green
Harmine = fizzes, then rusty orange

Source

Mandelin is a good choice for the more common adulterants that Australia is more commonly known for.

I could elaborate much more for you, but my brain is not functioning properly at the momment. Other regulars will be able to answer your questions if need be.

EDIT: beaten to it again :)

I bought just the mandelin to tide me over until i can get the EZtest Extreme kit, which has marquis in it anyway. Didn't see the point in doubling up and i wanted to own all 4 tests. I have yet to buy the Xtreme tho, largely because not having a credit card makes it a bit hard.

how much do the ez test extreme kits go for and what makes them so extreme?! i guess they do what marquis and mandelin do?

the 'extreme' test kit comes with
marquis - which is detailed above,
simon's - which indicates the presence of a secondary amine. (MDMA,MDEA,Meth).
robadope - which indicates the presence of a primary amine. (MDA, dex-Amphetamine, PMA, 2C-B, DOB or waste product from the production process.)

The point is, if you get a colour change for both simons AND robadope, there is a mixture in your pill of substance(s) with primary amines and substance(s) with secondary amines. This is bad, because you could have a pill with a MDMA/PMA mix.

One important thing to note is that (from anecdotal evidence) robadope doesn't work very well if you use just a scraping and you may not see a colour change EVEN IF there is a substance with a primary amine in the pill. The instructions say to use 1/8th of a pill, but i doubt many people do that.

Edit: The Xtreme kit costs 66AUD from www.EZTest.com. Pillreports used to sell them cheaper, but i can't find the link anymore.

Last edited: