• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What have you given up for clubbing/drugs?

delroy

Bluelighter
Was just talking to a friend of mine who said that he had lost all motivation for doing anything much else except clubbing on the weekend.
This is a bit of an extreme case but i have noticed that many friends have increased their clubbing at the expense of certain parts of their lives. For me, i used to surf 4-5 times a week and promised myself to never let clubbing interfere with surfing. Now i am lucky to get in the water more than twice a week. For my ex it was state level hurdling, another friend AIS cycling and yet another his uni degree.
Just curious if this is the same for other people.
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but it is discussing the effect of drugs on peoples' lives.

I gave up getting pissed and making an arse of myself
smile.gif
But now I'm doing it again and luvin it.
A mate of mine was out of work for a few months. When he finally landed a position he forgot to stop partying 5 nights a week. He ended up getting fired a week later for falling asleep on the job. I guess he didn't give it up but he may as well have! He's recently found another job - i reminded him that going out isn't THAT important!

i gave up the chance to have motivation to do anything constructive on sundays..and sometimes mondays too
wink.gif

------------------
StOp ThE WorlD...i WaNNa gEt oFF

Just keep everything balanced!!
The only thing i've given up is drinking shitloads. I've turned into an absolute cadbury. I look on the bright side of that though, cheaper to get trashed but it is a bit unsettling when girls who are only as tall as my shoulders can drink me under the table.
And i'm not a very tall guy!!!

you guys got off lightly, i gave my soul an all i got was a lousy tshirt... *cringes*
smile.gif

------------------
"...the pills thrills and bellyaches emblematic of a generation able to reach its provisional utopia only through self-poisoning..."
[This message has been edited by yossarian.lives (edited 11 October 2000).]

My sanity, my brain and my money!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
-Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; I only gargled-

my boyfriend.
------------------
What will you kids think of next

I stopped needing antidepresants, became positive about life. Discovered the music I'd been searching for my whole life...
I've just lost the things I didn't want anyway
smile.gif

yeah well, i find that i've given up the ability to go to the movies y'know to expensive yet i seem to have enough for the next weekend...
just an illustration.

its an interesting question actually!
Had me thinking heaps!!!
I cant say that ive given anything up for clubing.I actually dont go out that much anymore.Im more of a home or away roller!heeh ee.that sounds so funny
smile.gif
lol
sorry.i was actually trying to be serious.yeah laugh ya punks.
I think its more the clubing or rolling can take over your life if ya start going hard!
If your going out on wed,thur,fri,sat etc...when your doing it alot.Its going to take up heaps of your time and at some time interfear with your every day life!
O.K im up for doing an example thing!!!here goes!
You and friends decide after last weeks wicked few nights,that another bash would be good this week! Nothing wrong with that but if it starts to repeat,well then the whole moderation thing goes out the window,and before you know it,its christmas!
The key,as we all know is moderation,and i could go into it a whole lot more as in your moods and sets and surroundings.But thats a nother bag of...oh im just not going to go there!
So back to the story!
You deside,yeah Teriaki on thursday.Keep in mind that you are thinking this on tuesday.Tuesday also happens to be the day that youve come down from last weeks partying!
Tuesday or wednesday you call your d.d for your stock for the night or if ya cashed up for the whole week,weekend!
If your lucky you dont have to hunt around from one to the other looking for the nice pills! and if your not lucky,well then your spending time calling people,running round looking for googs.and that is time and money.Even all your phone calls start to add up,(if your going hard)!
Now thursday is here.Hopefully your got your stock.I wont go into a scenario if ya aint got your stock by now.Thats another can of worms.well you score at the club!
Youve had your fun at Teriaki and its friday morning.If you have to go to work.well good luck,if you aint got speed or stamina!it can be done but it aint good!
If your not working or a student.You have the choice to sleep or find away around study and find time to sleep and do some work and make it out again friday night!
If you didnt get stock during the week for friday.Your back to quikly making last minute calls and run arounds.And after a night out thats the last thing you want to be doing.But if ya aint got stock,your waisting more time!Staring to stress at sometimes maybe,or deside to try hook up at a club!
You go out with your friends to uhm Bass Station! BANG BANG DOOF DOOF,having an ace night.Even check out HardKandy and cage!If you walk from venue to venue or have a car your sweet.Or else again your spending money on cabs going from one place to the other.
Saturday morning comes and you walk out of wherever!?!?!all scattered(not a bad thing)and stumbble off to a friends for cones or nangs etc or you keep going to an after party.Or you just go home and crash out cause there is a wicked rave on tonight(saturday)and everybody is going!?!?so you need to get some sleep to have another bickie at the rave!
I can keep going,but i didnt even mention all the other things that come with it,like your drinks your lollies and gum.Your addmission prices,and them cab rides get long and un noticable when your rolling!and all your other drug ya like to have around!!!
and if your in a relationship with a none roller...etc..etc...
"what day is it?I havnt been skateing for weeks man"
back to the question.
No way have i given anything up for what i do(E).But yes it does slow you down if you start to make it an every weekend thing!
For me.No E can compaire to the rush of riding a motorbike flat stick on a race track with my knee scrapping the road or busting some huge air out in the dunes of tassy!
E does give me a wicked fealing totally different to the rush of bikes and i do love the feal of a wicked roll,and think that theres nothing on earth better.
But if your not that far gone you know that all your natural highs,whatever it happens to be.could be fishing!will always be better and longer lasting than any E!
E's last what,4-5 hours!?!?
Your passions last a life time!!!
pEacE LovE aNd HappinEss
Chaos

Very well said Chaos...
I was actually thinking about this subject two days ago while i was lying in bed trying to sleep.
And your right Chaos, When your on E its the best feeling ever, but its only artificial. Scoring a winning goal in a soccer game is better than E, Finishing your last HSC exam in Yr12 is a better feeling than E. WHY? cause they were real feelings, not chemically enhanced.
So, have a pill, but dont make it your life...
dragon

I gave up my girlfriend, but it was from her not excepting that I like ecstacy. Some other things aswell made us break up, but it was the e that made me realise that the relationship wasn't gona work.

Delroy - i empathise. I gave up my motivation, and instead just let apathy wash over me.
Hopefully i'm on the path to recovery, but who knows, i don't even know if i care anymore.

I don't think its about what you have lost...
I have gained so much.
Gained cross music appreciation.
Gained the many many many many and well documented time and time and time again benifits of E
Gained Sunny Side Up
Gained a circle of kicking friends
Gained a circle of dodgyFriendsYouMeetInAClub
Gained renewed appreciation for life.
Gained Bluelight.
Learnt what its like to be self indulgent and realise that whilst its good to plan for the future, you are living in the NOW.

I think dragon need a big thumbs up
smile.gif
smile.gif

you mentioned the one thing everyone needs to keep in mind...and that is that drugs arne't really real...what you experience isn't really real.
I have a friend who thinks E is the greatest and wishes they could feel that way all the time...thinks its better then any sex...or any thing else one can do in life...
and i think thats a real shame...

This post is pretty wierd cause I only started taking e and raving this year and a month after I started it I quit hurdles and I was in the state finals...=-(
Well, I also dropped out of all sport, my studies did become worse, everything like that!!
------------------
<<*plur4eva*>>
"*LOVE like you've never been hurt, WORK like you don't need the money and DANCE like NOBODY'S watching!*"

ezilbza : your sig is written on a homemade poster in my maths class. Our teacher swears black and blue that he made it up. That bastard
biggrin.gif

As for me i gave up, regular "nights with the boys". Drinking/weed. Not nessesarily a bad thing to give up, but it was always great fun.
My gf, definetely a smart move.
I think about his all the time, and honestly I haven't found anything going wrong with my life due to e/raves.
Oh actually the week after i don't learn much at school, and want to sleep.
But i moderate my use so this doesn't happen much anyway.

Well no ones seems to have mentioned money, but i have given up a fair bit of money as it is an expensive habit. I could have bought some pretty good things otherwise, but i dont care i like what i a spending my money on.
I also given up surfing pretty much.

STUDYING! jesus! the hsc is in less than a week and all i can do is think about clubbing, where i wanna go after the hsc, what drugs i'm gonna take (they're in front of me but i have some control left) and shit like that...
my friends are bribing me with drugs to motivate me to study! (they'll give them to me after my exams of course).
he said, "if you cant do it for yourself, do it for the pills!"

RELATIONSHIPS!!
it just doesn't happen, i might meet the sweetest of guys, like them heaps but as soon as it starts leading to a kind of serious type relationship i freak out and think that they might try and tell me not to take drugs or go out with my friends so i totally get scared off hahaha
my friends laugh and think im just really picky and a bitch but im just scared to commit myself in anyway just incase they try to change who i am and what i like to do.
i dont know why but i always seem to get involved with non peakers or retired peakers or guys that want to settle down. whats up with this man? LOL