• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

asthma sufferers - how does E affect you?

XSI11V

Bluelighter
I remember reading somewhere that asthma sufferers should not under any circumstances take E.
I've had it all my life during which I've always been very active and controlled it with medication. Recently I've been a bit slack with the medication and sometimes the slightest exercise can bring it on.
The thing that intrigues me is that I've been out on E and danced the entire night away and have never had the slightest hint of asthma. I was just wondering if any other sufferers have noticed the same thing ? Does anyone know why this might be? My guess is that it could be something to do with the way E affects breathing patterns...
ps. perhaps i should have posted this in the medical section but asthma is significantly more prevalent in Oz than anywhere else in the world for some reason so I think I'd get a better response here.
smile.gif

Hey there,
I too have asthma and have found the same thing you mentioned where when I am e'ing i can dance all night and not have a problem. However you should take great care not to rely on this because i think sometimes its a case of not noticing you are out of breathe rather than not having any probs.
I have spoken with my dr regarding e's and asthma and she stated that the drug does depress your lungs slightly which can sometimes be dangerous and basically told me that if i was to use it try to be aware of my breathing and let others know, so they can watch my breathing for me.
One thing i have found is that the day after taking e's my asthma kicks in quite badly and I am usually pretty coughy and sick afterward.....but whaddayado???
Hope this helps some

Greetings fellow asthma suffers! Let us unite! hahahaha
I have replied to a similar post in the medical section of BL but i'll be happy to elablorate here as well!
I have had chronic asthma for about 25 years and have been taking various drugs during that time! Over the last few years I have indulged in the pastime of e's and found that they do not affect me either way very much. I am moderately healthy (but don't do any sports or exercise) and find that I never get overly puffed or fatigued (asthma wise).
I have recently found that if I mix into a capsule a small amount of quality 'e' with Foradile (9 hour long acting ventolin like medication) that I am fine for the rest of the night. I would not necessarily suggest this to anyone as i feel I am relatively imune to alot of the side-effects or downsides of mixing these drugs since I have been taking medication for so long!
All that said I would agree with others that ANY medical condition should be monitored very closely by both yourself and others that are with you to make sure you are okay.
As long as you look after your asthma and consult a doctor and, if possible, test any suspicious or new e's that you have under controlled conditions ie. at home with medication readily at hand if things turn bad.
Have fun! And remember that asthma should NEVER restrict you from doing the things you love or enjoy - all you have to do is keep it well under control!
Remember: Plastic bananas are for eating, not throwing!

I can remember reading somewhere (can't really remember where it was... could be somewhere in erowid... it was a while ago as well... so don't take my word for it) that one of the first medications used for asmatha was a form of speed.... one of the old blues muso's used to take the strip containing the medication out of his inhaler and put it in coffee because he was addicted...
I also know that ventolin has a slight stimulant effect (if I take it in the middle of the night I can never sleep afterwards..) .. so I'm guessing that e also being a slight stimulant... might have the same positive effect and relieve the symptons...

Don't forget me fellow asthma sufferer's - I never seem to have a problem with my asthma either
smile.gif

------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....

yeah i got asthma too guyz.. n i guess everyones different but i usually forget about it n dont get asthma all nite when im out dancin n on pillz n stuff.. but still alwayz have puffa with me incase cos the minute i know i dont have it.. boooom i get it. i dun really think it does affect asthma but i have known people to get funny breathing problems whilst on E.. if ur worried bout it i suggest u dont do it ;o)

XSI11v - I react the same as you. Recently my asthma has been triggered by only the slightest bit of physical activity, yet it never comes on when I am pilling.
I can dance for hours straight, and not feel short of breath. I think its really strange cause there is no way I would be able to do that normally.
That thing riichie stated about a speed like substance being used before seems plausible as to why we dont get affected now. I find too that ventolin is a stimulant and gives me the same kind of side effects as speed sometimes. After a particularly hard basketball game one night, I ended up taking 6 puffs of ventolin in about 10 minutes (stupid I know). Anyway, next thing I knew I was all jittery and shit - just like speed. Then my knees got the wobbles and collapsed.
Anyway, point being that it is really weird, but riichie may have a point.
Hmmmm, there really was no point to my post was there?
*voodoo slinks back to her hole*

I never ever leave home without medication. If I do accidently, I have to go buy some.
That said I don't have probs too often.
and I know if I'm going to have a bad night.

I've found that when out and about at a club, rave...whatever, that smoke and a closed up area starts to get me weazy (for those who don't know what that means, please refer to your closest asthmatic) yet when I am on a pill, there is no hint of asthma, no irritation, nothing. I once had a massive asthma attack on a trip one night, and that scared me for a long time, but yeh, I guess its each to their own. I never go anywhere without ventolin was my lesson I guess.

Even though I don't get asthma very often I have to say that I've never had a problem with it while on E. About the only thing that affects it really badly is pollution.

Well is seems MDMA doesn't do anything to we asthma sufferers after all... I'm surprised nearly everytime I come home and realise how much smoke I've waded through and breathed without the slightest twinge of asthma. Over the last few years my asthma has died down to nearly non-existent, but when I started going out and taking pills I did have to watch it, but never had a problem
------------------
Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.

I got asthma too, and I haven't had a problem with breathing whilst on e. However, when I munch, I have to smoke, and I find tha smoking menthols helps a LOT with keeping your airways clear. Everything else has already been said!!!
wink.gif

------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

cool guys!! didn't know there was so many of us. Glad to hear we all share the same added advantages from mdma use
smile.gif

I'm currently drafting a letter to the National Asthma Foundation to request that they provide us with a letter of approval for our usage which can be produced on my next run in with the law
wink.gif

"They're my asthma pills officer"
"Don't you use that Ventolin medication?"
"Nah man these are da shit!"

i have asthma ,its not as bad as it was before i was a peaker ,during winter i would always be bed ridden with some fucked up asthma related illness , and an occasional case of bong-a-titus
smile.gif
,but i dont get sick anymore ,i have not been truely ill in over a year , which i find quite strange ,and this winter i did not even get the flu , i can go out and party all night and asthma is not a problem ,if i dont have my inhaler with me at all times i begin to panic ,even if i dont need it i have to have one with me at all times ,anyone who has had a hardcore attack with no puffer around will know what im talking about ,its fucked up shit ,take care ,breath easy !!
(() (() (() (() (() (() (()

Hey there - just saying the same thing - never had problems with asthma while on E...
Nangs however... I got a bit worried after a big nang session (my first actually) that my lungs wouldn't hold out... went to the doctor and she said I was fine - on the low side of normal (how come everybody tells me that!!!) but my asthma is mild...
If you truely are worried, then go get your asthma checked out again... see if there have been any detrimental after-effects...
smile.gif

------------------
I would never lie...
I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

XSI11V - I actually had asthma when I arrived at GC last Saturday, probably due to the cold wind, but as soon as my pill kicked in I was fine :)
Smoking can sometimes bring on an attack, but I agree with cAmmAc - Alpine's (although not necessarily a good look) tend to keep the chest demons at bay. Plus minty fresh bresh *BONUS*
Take care !
------------------
Stomprrrrr

E doesnt affect my very mild asthma condition at all. if in doubt (ie when i feel a bit wheezy) ,i will take my asthma puffer several hours before i drop.

Yes, I get asthma too, and I have never once had asthma on e. And in situations you know you definitely would have it otherwise.
Smoking is easy (no, enjoyable!) too...