Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

a freindly reminder about multiple posting - everyone read

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
always remember that the software you use to surf the net, your browser, is value for money...
and how much did you pay for it? nuthin...
where am i going with this?
multiple posting. and especially in the census thread.
when you have posted to a thread you browser hopefully sends you back to the thread you just posted in. but it might not have. what you might be seeing is a cached copy of the page... from before you posted.
this means you might not be able to see what you just wrote.
but don't panic. remember that what you are seeing might be what is stored on your computer and doesnt reflect what the rest of thwe world sees.
to find out you must reload or refresh your browser. this makes it compare the page it has cached with the one on the server and makes it show the most recent.
if you can't see your post always reload/refresh before doing it again.
99 times out of a hundred your browser is wrong not Bluelight.
Internet Explorer is notorious for doing this, altho the newer version are better behaved. you can play wirth the settings of your browser to try and lessen this.
why am i going on about this now?
well the census thread is where this happens all the time. someone posts here name, waits for it to be submitted... can't see it... decides to post again... and does this about 6 times till the browser catches up or they give up.
this means there is now 6 posts with their name on it. some people are smart enough to go back and delete the posts with the edit/delete function thats on every post (look for this icon
edit.gif
) but all too often it's left up to the moderators to clean up.
with a multiple page thread like the census post it can take the server 5 minutes to delete each post and re-write the page. that's 5 minutes for every unneeded post.
if people are just a little more careful it can save us all a lot of work.
cheers
jb
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

might I just add, as soon as you hit the "Submit Reply" button, your info has been stored on BL, whether the next page has errors on it or not, as soon as you press the submit button, BL gets the info, so just press it once.
The common mistake it you write your message then you catch a glimpse of the "show sig" box or perhaps the smily faces above and click them then click the submit button again. Please dont, just go back and delete that post and do it again
smile.gif

Also -> Sometimes when submitting a post you may receive a time-out error page (depending on Net conditions and load) but the post has been accepted and if you do as JB or Mr H say (refresh/reload) your post will appear!
Been caught out by that one a few times...
------------------
LSD doesn't fry your brain...It e x p a n d s the mind!!
A psychedelic person is not a good citizen..not a good ANYTHING..That is defined by somebody else.

Johnboy,i noticed after a recent post in a thread, it failed to appear (even after hitting the refresh button a few times)
Tried the following:
ctrl-Shift held down while hitting refresh. The page reload from the bl server.
------------------
*its better to roll up hill then down*