Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Congratulations Sydney

miss apple

Bluelighter
I know this is off topic but we don't seem to have a forum for general stuff for us Aussies anymore now that the other forum is under meetups. So sorry. I'll make this short.
Sydney, you did us proud. I will never forget the feeling I had today, sitting in my loungeroom here in dreary grey London, tears rolling down my face as I sang Waltzing matilda with what seemed like the rest of Australia. Slim Dusty might be embarrassing, but he did a great job of stirring up the famous Aussie pride and sprirt.
Don't know about the prawns on bicycles (lol!!!) but after seeing the 'bye from Oz' sign at the end of the ceremony, I couldn't have been more proud.
What did you all think of it? Did you cringe in embarrassment or smile and enjoy it?

I was out there (at the ceremony) and then rushed into the city, just got home, TOP FUCKIN NIGHT!!!
I feel well patriotic!!
And proud!!
------------------
"dance to the music, dance"
- Bob Marley

its times like that it makes you proud to be an Australian
smile.gif

Bigfoot Dragon.

I was one of the cynics who said they wouldn't be caught dead at the olympics, who whinged about the train timetable and cursed the erection (hehe) of the volleyball stadium. Right up until the opening ceremony, after which I could be found at the beach volleyball, boxing kangaroo tatts on cheeks, aussie flag high, chanting oi oi oi and sending a hero sms message to Grant Hackett.
I was at the Opera House stairs (from 3.30pm) yesterday and it fucking rocked.
'Go you good thing, go and go in hard.'
Methinks Sydney has one hell of a comedown ahead of it.

Tasteless - Surf Life Savers and Surfers coming out of a massive sharks mouth after the two tragic accidents which left two surfers dead?
Other then that, A-Grade fer sure.
smile.gif

Well done Sydney!!!
(hehe, just as I typed that a cheer went up from the crew at the other end of the office... perfect timing
smile.gif
)
This is why we need a social forum!!! Then we could post stuff like this in there!
And no, I'm not gonna shup up about a social forum!
------------------
Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.

Oh, and I gather that the Triple J "beat the drum" competition is on....as I saw the drum logo on the stage, and a flag unfurled when Kylie was brought out on the thong.
If the competition is judged by how many people see the drum logo, I guess the triple J-listening volunteers at the ceremony take the big prize then
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 02 October 2000).]

hello apples
well i must report that this old grumpy bastard enjoyed it as well.
the olympic site was hugely impressive, and it was extremely quick to get in and out, even at peak times. ooh, and the parties have been great.
and yes, comedown is in full effect. ana, chris and all of us watched the closing ceremony fireworks at balmain after a couple of cu's.
where is my brain again?
pinger

Well Ive been going on about how good the olympics are and what it means to me for ages...and I havent been dissapointed.
And I especially loved all the qwerky bits that were *just for* Australians. And if the rest of the world didnt understand the significance of the victa mower, they would have soon enough. I thought it was a hoot.
Im still to see the closing ceremonies on tele (will watch video tonight) Got a great spot under the big dipper to see the fireworks. Didnt get there till 7pm and grabbed some tickets from scalpers for $50 each.
And I had the best time watching the 1/4 finals at the beach volleyball last saturday.
Proud, Proud, Proud
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

i was out at the ceremony as well, in the FIRST row, right on the fence. had one of the best nights of my life. it was pure gold. go sydney go.
hehe, and i got to hi-five thorpey, hackett, and half the aust. team. + a dozen other country's athletes.
tony
smile.gif

------------------
if the journey's fun, it's well worth taking.

sorry to spoil the mood, but that lawnmower thing at the beginning of the closing ceremony was pathetic! I was half expecting them to start playing the Benny Hill chase music
wink.gif

surely they could have thought of something more amusing and interesting to start the ceremony with
frown.gif

The fireworks were fantastic though
smile.gif
smile.gif
(even though channel 7 kept changing to crappy camera angles when the best bits were happening on the bridge)

miss apples, the beat the drum thing will be won, by the guy who got it onto the torch.......it was seen on the opening ceremony. but GO YOU AUSSIES GO
patriotism kicks ass
------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

"I believe Australia is the best address on earth" ... how true ... and now the rest of the world knows it to ... and they are mighty jelous of what we have here !! hahahaha.
I agree with you E Bee about that lawnmower man at the start of the closing ceremony , it was just so Benny Hill and not really Aussie Humor at all. But in hindsite it set the mood for the relaxed , fun party that was to follow.
To Miss Apples and all the other Assies OS , surely you are the most popular ppl inthe pub at the moment!
TwoUp.
------------------
Aussie Aussie Aussie ... e e e !